News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Mean Fiddler, October 13th

Started by mdread666, Fri, 2005-10-14, 11:58:44

Previous topic - Next topic

mdread666

Two and a half hours of pure brilliance!! ;D
(Perhaps you could play for a bit longer next time!!! :D :D)

Played both Solomon AND Jericho - excellent!!

Clive, Mick,J ohn, Ian and Rob - many thanks!!
mdread666

...for it is a human number,
It's number is six hundred and sixty six.

HelenDo

This my first post on the Arena forum and last night at the Mean Fiddler was my first Arena gig. I have only very recently got into them, mainly through listening to John's other bands Kino and The Urbane. I only own 3 Arena albums, so knew about half of the songs. But that didn't matter. I thought the gig was excellent - 2.5 hours of fantastic music. The crowd reaction was great and the guys really seemed to be enjoying themselves.

John was fantastic as always, and so were Clive and Rob. After being a Marillion fan for many years, I have at last seen Mick play live.

I know I'm going to have to check out the rest of the albums now. I also thought it was great they came out afterwards to sign autographs & chat with people.

Helenxxx

Moonloop

Quote from: HelenDo on Fri, 2005-10-14, 13:40:04
This my first post on the Arena forum and last night at the Mean Fiddler was my first Arena gig. I have only very recently got into them, mainly through listening to John's other bands Kino and The Urbane. I only own 3 Arena albums, so knew about half of the songs. But that didn't matter. I thought the gig was excellent - 2.5 hours of fantastic music. The crowd reaction was great and the guys really seemed to be enjoying themselves.

John was fantastic as always, and so were Clive and Rob. After being a Marillion fan for many years, I have at last seen Mick play live.

I know I'm going to have to check out the rest of the albums now. I also thought it was great they came out afterwards to sign autographs & chat with people.

Helenxxx

Hi Helen, nice positive first post  ;D

Just out of curiosity, which are the 3 Arena albums you own..??

Loads of divided opinions on Marillion too - check out some of the polls threads  8)

The brainwashed do not know that they are brainwashed...

HelenDo

Hi Moonloop

I asked around my fellow Marillion forum members for recommendations of Arena albums. The ones everyone appeared to agree on were The Visitor, Immortal and Pepper's Ghost. So those are the 3 I bought! Any thoughts on which one I should buy next....

Helenxxx

Moonloop

Quote from: HelenDo on Fri, 2005-10-14, 14:27:58
Hi Moonloop

I asked around my fellow Marillion forum members for recommendations of Arena albums. The ones everyone appeared to agree on were The Visitor, Immortal and Pepper's Ghost. So those are the 3 I bought! Any thoughts on which one I should buy next....

Helenxxx

If I had to pick 3, they'd be (chronologically) (1) Songs From The Lions Cage, (2) Visitor, and (3) Pepper's Ghost, so you're close..!!

"Contagion" seems to be the one which divides the fanbase, some love it, some (like me) just can't get to grips with it. Of the first 2, "Pride" is possibly considered to be the weaker as a whole but does contain some great individual tracks. The first 2 are also the most 'Marillion' like  ;)

I'm sure you'll end up buying them all anyway so 'happy listening'.

;D  8)
The brainwashed do not know that they are brainwashed...

Simtere

Quote from: Moonloop on Fri, 2005-10-14, 14:40:20
If I had to pick 3, they'd be (chronologically) (1) Songs From The Lions Cage, (2) Visitor, and (3) Pepper's Ghost, so you're close..!!

I on the other hand think 'Songs' sounds very dated (as I have stated in another thread already) and would certainly not recommend it ahead of Contagion.  Then again recommendations are a difficult thing as there is no right or wrong and everyone has a different point of view.

Progbitch

Hi Everybody,

I just uploaded some photos from last night:

http://photobucket.com/albums/b53/Progbitch/Arena/

There'll be some more going on so check back later for the full set.

There should also be a review online soon at Hairless Heart Herald.

http://www.hairlessheartherald.co.uk/

Enjoy!

Spad

Quote from: Moonloop on Fri, 2005-10-14, 14:40:20

"Contagion" seems to be the one which divides the fanbase, some love it, some (like me) just can't get to grips with it.

Totally (and obviously) agreed with Songs...  8)
... less with The Visitor which is, for me, what Contagion means for you....
... while Pepper's Ghost is another common point...

in general, a very good analysis, short but exhaustive!!  ;)
Does it to matter to you?
In the lions' cage we're all the same.

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: Progbitch on Fri, 2005-10-14, 21:32:47
Hi Everybody,

I just uploaded some photos from last night:

http://photobucket.com/albums/b53/Progbitch/Arena/

There'll be some more going on so check back later for the full set.

There should also be a review online soon at Hairless Heart Herald.

http://www.hairlessheartherald.co.uk/

Enjoy!

Cool pix! :)
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

Saryna

Great shots!  Thanks for posting them! :)

keyboardistmatt

set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...

Errrrm     ~~PLEASE~~ ;D

mdread666

Quote from: keyboardistmatt on Sun, 2005-10-16, 21:08:19
set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...set-list...

Errrrm ~~PLEASE~~ ;D

See here..

http://shattered-room.net/index.php?topic=455.msg7436#msg7436
mdread666

...for it is a human number,
It's number is six hundred and sixty six.

keyboardistmatt

bellanova

Well, what more can i say! Im still buzzing from this gig and also the one at the Boardwalk in Sheffield. The guys were totally awesome!! For me, they were the best 2 nights ive had this year. Thank you so much Arena!! Whens the next tour?? 8)
Thanks too to Benny for a copy of the setlist!
Helen, the photos are great! :)

J xx

Teunis

A really acceptable review of this gig can be read here:

http://www.dprp.net/concrev/arena2005.php
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

johninblack

Good review!

QuoteA band that can play 2 and a half hours of wonderfully epic, intricate classics and have the audience singing along with every song simply cannot be ignored.

So how do we get this message across to a few more hundred (thousand!) people, because we all know that Arena are worth the investmet Both financially (buying cd's dvd's etc) and the time to absorb and fully take in the music. The ignorant need to be educated!

Teunis

Also very positive, good work! Thnx.
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

Appelmoes??

Well, that's a review the dutch reviewers from Progwereld [Dutch] can learn from. First a very objective view on the gig and then he clearly states what his opinion is.
The 2 dutch reviewers stated their opinions as if that were the opinions from the entire crowd and never gave an objective view of the gig in Zoetermeer >:(
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

Che

Thanx alot for pictures and rewiews!  :)
Hasta la Victoria Siempre!