News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Sheffield 15th October

Started by Prog Paul, Sun, 2005-10-16, 12:37:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Prog Paul

Not a lot to say except WOW  :o

Utterly fantastic. ;D

Would love to see the band at a bigger venue, Nottingham Royal Concert Hall or similar, now that would be a bit special.

Thanks for a great gig.

Prog Paul  8)

Peter

Welcome Paul, nice to have you on the forum. Being the professional you are, you surely wrote down a setlist, didn't you...
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

daveybalance

Fantastic gig, wish there had been a bit more of Immortal though.....but I understand how it must be when you have six albums to choose from!! When Clive shut someone up for requesting Solomon and then they played it in the encore, I had my fingers crossed that the same thing would happen with Moviedrome! Think that would have blown the curfew to pieces though.....

ironcow2103

Quote from: Prog Paul on Sun, 2005-10-16, 12:37:12
Not a lot to say except WOW 

I'd like to echo that - we "only" got two hours (!) but boy Arena were fantastic!

Saul (my son age 10) had a great time and was really chuffed to get all the band's autographs on a poster (and stand in keyboardist Benny's!). Saul was also very pleased to get a chance to talk to Clive - one keyboardist to another (!) after the concert (and also to meet Rob's mum!!!)

Great concert, great guys - I'll echo Prog Paul's comments elsewhere - the lads will certainly be getting most of my votes in the CRS voting...

I've only just got back - we stayed over in Sheffield then broke down three miles down the M1 on our way back to Bristol - ho hum!!

Steve

ps. sorry Peter, didn't note the tracks down I was too busy marvelling John's guitar work!!!

the200thmember?

Just to add to the general plaudits - a great venue as well, and it was great to see several younger fans like Saul having a really good time - if only my (and Oliver Twists) 3 year old didn't dismiss Arena as a 'despicable noise'....

sammi

well just got home and wot can i say i had the best time ever the guys were soooooooooooo great i've never seen anything like it, they have to be the best group i have ever seen.i must say i am well chuffed to have been able to get to talk to them have photos and autogrphes from them. i even got 2 kisses from rob that was very cool he was such a great guy. they were all really friendly and welcoming.Wot can i say bout jon's work WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW. i can't wait to see them again.(johninblack)= dad really enjoyed himself too he can hardly talk now.  ;D

sammi xxx

Peter

Quote from: sammi on Sun, 2005-10-16, 21:29:37
well just got home and wot can i say i had the best time ever the guys were soooooooooooo great i've never seen anything like it, they have to be the best group i have ever seen.i must say i am well chuffed to have been able to get to talk to them have photos and autogrphes from them. i even got 2 kisses from rob that was very cool he was such a great guy. they were all really friendly and welcoming.Wot can i say bout jon's work WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW. i can't wait to see them again.(johninblack)= dad really enjoyed himself too he can hardly talk now.  ;D

sammi xxx

Glad you liked it, Sammi. Come back more often, if your (school ?) schedule allows it :)
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Oliver Twist

Pix from the gig are at: http://homepage.mac.com/ianmoff/PhotoAlbum67.html

Seeing as the place was quite small and Mick was tucked away I couldn't get see him that well. But you get the general gist of things, including *that* wig. I can understand Rob being in character for Pepper's Ghost tracks, but the wig? Sorry but I think it looks daft.

But we are all entitled to our own opinion are we not?

Good gig though, John was on exceptionally good form

Cheers

Ian
web.mac.com/ianmoff  - iChat/AIM: ianmoff
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do your ears a favour - www.radioparadise.com

johninblack

Quote from: Peter on Sun, 2005-10-16, 21:58:54
Glad you liked it, Sammi. Come back more often, if your (school ?) schedule allows it :)

She is at college and given how much we were all blown away I think she will spend a bit more time here (it was a real family outing as we also had my brother with us who lives in sheffield, handy or what?).
What can I say thay has not been said already, utterly outstandig musicianship and showmanship, this was without doubt the best gig I have ever witnessed. we are going to be talking about this one for quite some time!! As for Crying For Help vii Great moment from Clive, maybe that should be left in!, And my bloody throat is KILLING me, but I just don't care it was well used last night! And I was going to write down the setlist but I was so blown away I forgot all about it, sorry.

Prog Paul

Oh eck.... :-[

Sorry, but I left my professional head at the door  :-[

Was much too busy singing along and really enjoying the experience.... sorry... :-[

Was great to have a night off though and be completely blown away by a band at the top of the game, (IMHO).  :D

As for the wig.... well my teenage son (and non-prog fan, allegedly!  ;) ), thought it was that cool, he went and got himself a tee shirt.. (umm non prog fan or a gruding convert?)  :-\

One comment he did make was, "I thought they were more 'classic rock', the music wasn't twiddly fiddly but pretty powerful."   :o

All the best

Prog Paul  :)

ironcow2103

Quote from: Oliver Twist on Sun, 2005-10-16, 23:56:14
Pix from the gig are at: http://homepage.mac.com/ianmoff/PhotoAlbum67.html

The little chap down the front in the Iron Maiden patch festooned jacket is Saul!!

Cheers Ian - no doubt his Mum ill be chuffed to see these!

Steve

ps. if there were Arena patches he'd have some on - his Arena badge fell off!

sammi

Quote from: johninblack on Mon, 2005-10-17, 00:36:14
we are going to be talking about this one for quite some time!! As for Crying For Help vii Great moment from Clive,.

i think it might actually have been "enemy without" where Clive may have let slip a little extra no then there was meant to be, hehehehe was very funny i even noticed rob have trouble not laughing.

johninblack

Quote from: sammi on Tue, 2005-10-18, 23:23:23
i think it might actually have been "enemy without" where Clive may have let slip a little extra note than there was meant to be, hehehehe was very funny i even noticed rob have trouble not laughing.

You are absolutly correct. I realised that after watching 'Caught In The Act' The are almost no Keys in Crying For Help vii so it couldn't have been that.
Still it was one of those moments that make you realise that perfection is an impossibility to achieve and besides the rest of the band seemed as amused as us in the audience and for me it added to the overall performance rather than to detract from it in any way, so well done Clive for the added extra!

Clive

Actually... believe it or not, it was a little joke aimed at Mick.... He was so inside the choruses, that I knew if I sang an extra 'NO' on the next beat, he would keep playing choruses... it worked! That's why we were laughing...;)
I was naughty! Sorry  ;)

Appelmoes??

Quote from: Clive on Wed, 2005-10-19, 11:11:42
Actually... believe it or not, it was a little joke aimed at Mick.... He was so inside the choruses, that I knew if I sang an extra 'NO' on the next beat, he would keep playing choruses... it worked! That's why we were laughing...;)
I was naughty! Sorry  ;)
LOL :D
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

johninblack

Quote from: Clive on Wed, 2005-10-19, 11:11:42
I was naughty! Sorry  ;)

Brilliant, billiant, brilliant!

It worked for me ;D