News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Pain Of Salvation - Scarsick

Started by The Butterfly Man, Thu, 2006-12-14, 11:29:01

Previous topic - Next topic

The Butterfly Man

So, anyone looking forward to this as much as I do? It will be released on 22-01-2007. I've heard some samples and they sound promising!

You can hear a whole track on http://www.myspace.com/insideoutamerica

Cheers, Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

maddox

Thanx for the link, Tom.  8)

Like you i'm looking forward ward to the new album.
Listen to the track now and it is...ehm...to be honest...not what i expected. Not that i don't like it. It's just different.  8)

Nevertheless...still anxiously waiting.  *horns*
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

funkster

I liked that a lot whereas i have really struggled with BE

Peter

Arriving somewhere, but not here....

maddox

Quote from: funkster on Thu, 2006-12-14, 18:01:08
I liked that a lot whereas i have really struggled with BE

I kinda like the song too though it gives me the 'West-Side-Story-feeling'.  :-\

But it's Pain Of Salvation. They can get away with it.  ;D

The Butterfly Man

I've heard the album at a friend, who has received a promo-copy from InsideOut. Prepare to be blown away by the relative simplicity compared to BE! Especially prepare yourself for 'Disco Queen', which really sounds like some 70's disco song!

Oh how I wish it'd be January 22nd already... :-\

Tom

maddox

Received my copy today and although i only listened to it twice i must say i like it very much.  *horns*

The album indeed sounds like Remedy Lane and obviously The Perfect Element Pt I because Scarsick is actually The Perfect Element PT II, but it sounds a bit darker, especially the lyrics.
PH, reading the lyrics i actually can understand why you have problems with their lyrics. I can imagine that reading the lyrics makes you uncomfortable.
It all fits the concept which personally i understand as a theme but without the knowledge of the concept it can be a bit too much for others.

So i think that that's the downside of the album. It's a bit too difficult especially for listeners who first lay their ears upon PoS.

The Butterfly Man

This album is so great!!! I really love it to bits! And about the lyrics, I don´t feel uncomfortable with them at all. Especially Spitfall and Cribcaged. They´re making SO much sense.

maddox

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Sat, 2007-01-27, 22:35:47
Especially Spitfall and Cribcaged. They´re making SO much sense.

They do. But only if you understand the concept. Not knowing it can be a bit too much.

But you're right about one thing. It's a great album. Not their best but really good.  *horns*

The Butterfly Man

So, anybody went/are going to see them on their tour? I saw them last friday in Paradiso, Amsterdam. It was absolutely great and....they recorded the show for a DVD-release!!! *horns* *horns* *horns*

Some pictures can be found here (they are not made by me!): http://www.metal-experience.com/images/bands/Pain%20Of%20Salvation%202007/painofsalvation2007.html

Tom