News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

YAY Thread

Started by sammi, Fri, 2006-01-13, 00:30:11

Previous topic - Next topic

The Butterfly Man

YAY for Bluey's occasional visits. :D
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

Nicky007

Quote from: bluepony on Fri, 2008-11-14, 12:55:26
YAY  *ola* for vampire stories and all the dark stuff in this world!

Bluey, you're nuff of a vamp for me  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Deenfan

Bluepony will like Darktime... 8)

bluepony

bluepony

Quote from: Deenfan on Fri, 2008-11-14, 19:19:23
Bluepony will like Darktime... 8)
Probably... Bluepony likes almost everything that's dark! ;D

Nicky007

Quote from: bluepony on Mon, 2008-11-17, 16:26:20
Probably... Bluepony likes almost everything that's dark! ;D

Well, then you should move up here to Scandinavia. It's dark, cold and wet here most of the time now  :(

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

bluepony

No need to move - we've got the same here...

Nicky007

Well, maybe Hanin would like to have us in Indonesia. The climate is pretty uniform sunshine there, and they got lots of fabulous fruits and vegetables  :)

I think I know what we could pass the time with  ;)

YAY for the Indonesian climate  *horns*

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Deenfan

Occasionally, on topic.

bluepony

Quote from: Deenfan on Mon, 2008-11-17, 17:27:17
Occasionally, on topic.
You should know us by now, Deenfan! ;D

Deenfan

You're no worse than my own lot, over at the WS forum. They are occasionally vaguely making sense, usually off topic.

bluepony

Quote from: Deenfan on Tue, 2008-11-18, 09:34:43
You're no worse than my own lot, over at the WS forum. They are occasionally vaguely making sense, usually off topic.
Sounds just like me! ;D

That happens by accident, of course.  ;)

The Butterfly Man

Yay, I was watching a tv-program about the succesful European (soccer) Championship of Russia when I heard this familiar bit of music. After a lot of thinking I knew it: I just heard the piano-bit after the intro of Opeth's Heir Apparent on national television!

:o *horns*

Tom

PH

No way...
How is that possible?

That's clearly a good thing! ;D
It's just a matter of time till football fans will sing "Bedlam Fayre" instead of the football chants...

Yay! *horns*

Nicky007

Hey, guys, don't expect too much:  An appreciation of progrock requires a fair amount of intelligence  :-X

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: Nicky007 on Thu, 2008-12-04, 00:12:28
An appreciation of progrock requires a fair amount of intelligence  :-X

So?

On topic: Yay!! ;D

Nicky007

Yup, YAY for intelligence and intelligent music  *horns*

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

h9

Quote from: Nicky007 on Thu, 2008-12-04, 14:52:17
YAY for intelligence and intelligent music  *horns*

In addition for YAY to Indonesian climate (oh man, Jakarta now still got heavy rain all of the day, no time for sunbathe  :D
YAY for the next Prognite gig in Jakarta. (I hope there is no rain in that day)  ;)

PH

Yay for the weekend.!

Boo for mondays! :P

What do you think? --> week goes fast or slow? I think time is going to fast, there's almost no time to think about what's going on. It's a disaster for me, really.

maddox

Quote from: PH on Sun, 2008-12-14, 01:13:35

What do you think? --> week goes fast or slow? I think time is going to fast, there's almost no time to think about what's going on. It's a disaster for me, really.

Two things:

1: The assumption that the week is going fast is a false one because there are only 7 times 24 hours in a week. Nothing more, nothing less.
It's only your mind that is playing those tricks. Busy week, in your case school, lots of other interesting stuff, maybe sports and then the day or week is done in a flash.
Trust me: don't want to depress you, but it will get worse.  ;)

Like me: two kids, demanding job, household because ms. Mad also does some work and my off-home activities like Snooker for instance.
That's why i say that everyone should make the most of today. Make the best of it.  8)

2: Maybe it isn't a false idea after all.
Because after the Tsunami/flood of 2004 it has been proven that the earth is spinning a bit faster than before the big flood.
Maybe just maybe that has got a bit to do with it.

Linky.
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Iggy

i agree with Maddox.

The more you do the faster the time goes. Shame it doesn't work the other way.

PH

Apologies for spelling errors and unusual rambling.

Quote from: maddox on Sun, 2008-12-14, 01:35:26
1: The assumption that the week is going fast is a false one because there are only 7 times 24 hours in a week. Nothing more, nothing less.
It's only your mind that is playing those tricks. Busy week, in your case school, lots of other interesting stuff, maybe sports and then the day or week is done in a flash.
Yeah I know... I was just (trying) asking if anyone has the same experience. I remember when I was younger, (10 or so....) that everything was going sooooo slloooooowwwwww.... And indeed, when you're having fun, things were going fast. When things weren't that much fun or even boring, time was slow.

But now I feel like time is going fast, even when I'm doing boring things. This is very unhandy, since I have to remember a lot of things for study. Sometimes I have a feeling as if I cannot get a 'grip' on things. Time goes too fast, there's no time to evaluate or reflect.
I hope you guys know what I mean... It's difficult for me to say these things in a (somewhat) foreign language...

... maybe sports ...
Err... yeah good idea... I should do that some time. ;D

Trust me: don't want to depress you, but it will get worse.  ;)
Thank you.

Like me: two kids, demanding job, household because ms. Mad also does some work and my off-home activities like Snooker for instance.
That's why i say that everyone should make the most of today. Make the best of it.  8)
Yes, but doing too much doesn't give me any satisfaction at all. I REALLY need time to think and reflect on things.

2: Maybe it isn't a false idea after all.
Because after the Tsunami/flood of 2004 it has been proven that the earth is spinning a bit faster than before the big flood.
Maybe just maybe that has got a bit to do with it.
Interesting... maybe that's also why I gained more weight so suddenly...

-Paco

Iggy

Yay Xoddam is back

PH

!Xoddam gnizama eht rof YAY

The Butterfly Man

Yay!

Well, let me explain: Last week, when rehearsing with my band we wrote this new song. The only problem with it was that the transition from the intro to the first verse wasn't so good. But now that problem is solved. I just wrote a really nice riff (if I may say so myself) which fits perfectly in between the intro and the verse and makes the transition really smooth! 8)

So...Yay! *horns*

Tom