News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

YAY Thread

Started by sammi, Fri, 2006-01-13, 00:30:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Appelmoes??

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2008-03-25, 13:57:34
I'm a bit of a perfectionist, especially in Dutch language! ;D
Same here :) I even annoy my colleagues to death with the whole "als mij/dan ik" thingy :D
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

PH

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Tue, 2008-03-25, 18:44:08Same here :) I even annoy my colleagues to death with the whole "als mij/dan ik" thingy :D

Well, not me... I'm from The Hague and there I was raised in an environment of people who talk like that. Sometimes I say "als mij", although on paper (or computer) I'm (mostly) always correct.

My spoken language is not flawless, since I am a bit of an uncertain(?) person. Uncertain is probably not the right word. Sentences are abruptly ended halfway through for example... Sometimes because I don't know what to say, or I don't find the correct words. Often I begin faltering. Strange enough, I think this has to do with perfection. I want to use a certain word, but don't know which one, there are other words I can use, but they don't really 'fit'. They match some conditions, but not all, you know...
But when typing or writing there's much more time to think about it, and then I'm almost always totally correct. And then orthography is VERY important in my book.

(I try to be as perfect in English too, but of course I realise it can't always be realised. And people like Nicky make me feel much more uncertain about it too...)

Appelmoes??

Picky Nicky >:(

But don't worry Paco, people will always be picky, just like you're picky in dutch :)

My drawings on MySpace

PH

Hehehehe :D
- Picky Nicky
- Wiki Nicky
- Wicked Nicky
- Sicko Nicky

What else?
- Trippy Nicky?
- Clicky Nicky?

maddox

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2008-03-25, 21:55:47
Hehehehe :D
- Picky Nicky
- Wiki Nicky
- Wicked Nicky
- Sicko Nicky

What else?
- Trippy Nicky?
- Clicky Nicky?

Probably Tipsy Nicky.  ;D
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

PH

PH

And what about Tricky Nicky?
Frickin' Nicky?

Nicky007

Quote from: maddox on Tue, 2008-03-25, 22:17:20
Probably Tipsy Nicky.  ;D

You're partly right guys: Just shared a Blue Chimay with a good friend  *horns*

That's why I wasnt buggin you guys this eve ... before now: So let's see where the're some b*s to tug  ;D

I can see that I'v made an impression with my earlier posts  :D

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2008-03-25, 20:06:38
I try to be as perfect in English too, but of course I realise it can't always be realised. And people like Nicky make me feel much more uncertain about it too...

Don't worry, Paco ... I'l continue doin so  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Deenfan

I have read through all this, and I can only utter, from the bottom of my heart, a profound "Draagvleugelboot". 8)

Appelmoes??

My drawings on MySpace

bluepony

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2008-03-25, 07:23:55
I'm sorry mr "I-live-in-Copenhagen-but-I-am-a-fluently-English-speaking-American".
:D

bluepony

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2008-03-25, 20:06:38
... My spoken language is not flawless, since I am a bit of an uncertain(?) person. Uncertain is probably not the right word. Sentences are abruptly ended halfway through for example... Sometimes because I don't know what to say, or I don't find the correct words. Often I begin faltering. Strange enough, I think this has to do with perfection. I want to use a certain word, but don't know which one, there are other words I can use, but they don't really 'fit'. They match some conditions, but not all, you know...
I know what you mean, Paco - or you could say, I "invented" this problem ;) - and let me tell you that it helps to concentrate on what you're saying while you're saying it (instead of thinking how you could possibly say it better/in more adequate words). It's always easier to "say" something right in writing, but when speaking I usually have the problem that my mouth is always at least half a sentence ahead of my brain, which often results in the classical "D'oh! Did I just say that aloud?!" situation... (Embarassing, but after a while you'll get used to it. ;D)

Deenfan

bluepony

Didn't you mean "Draagvleugelboot"?  ;D

Appelmoes??

Yay for Draagvleugelboten and all they represent! ©

My drawings on MySpace

Appelmoes??

My drawings on MySpace

Nicky007

Guys, I thought you should see these three adorable kittens from Tricia Helfer's charity.

This calls for a big  YAY

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Appelmoes??

My drawings on MySpace

Deenfan

Appelmoes??

My drawings on MySpace

Deenfan

bluepony

PH

Yay for sternutation!

-Paco

bluepony

keyboardistmatt

YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!!  YAY!!! 
;D
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt