News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Pendragon

Started by funkster, Mon, 2008-08-18, 07:12:13

Previous topic - Next topic

funkster

I cannot believe that this has not been mentioned but the wonderful Pendragon have a new album out in October - http://www.pendragon.mu/

You may know the keyboard player  ;)

PH

Quote from: funkster on Mon, 2008-08-18, 07:12:13I cannot believe that this has not been mentioned but the wonderful Pendragon have a new album out in October - http://www.pendragon.mu/

Yeah, I read about it on DPRP I think.

Quote from: funkster on Mon, 2008-08-18, 07:12:13You may know the keyboard player  ;)

Yeah good old Mark Kelly.
Or was it Martin Orford?
You're not telling me it's Jordan Rudess right? :o

;)

-Paco

Steve Jones

Next week!  I'm counting the days... 8)
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

Teunis

I'm going to see them next week in Zoetermeer. Very much looking forward to that. Of course I'll buy the album 'Pure' there (special edition)  8).
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

Steve Jones

Quote from: Teunis on Fri, 2008-09-26, 19:54:43
I'm going to see them next week in Zoetermeer. Very much looking forward to that. Of course I'll buy the album 'Pure' there (special edition)  8).

That should be a pretty damned cool gig. 8)  According to official sources, the Pures for UK delivery are despatching on Monday *horns*
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

Teunis

Quote from: Steve Jones on Sat, 2008-09-27, 09:20:06
That should be a pretty damned cool gig. 8)
Yeah and with Martin Orford as a support act it will be the perfect evening  8).

bluepony

Anybody here coming to the gig in Verviers (Belgium)?

Teunis

The gig on Saturday was fabulous, a nice mix of old and new songs. The new drummer is great, he adds a lot of power to the music of Pendragon. Of course I bought the new album in Zoetermeer and I had it signed by the band members. I had a little chat with the drummer (Scott Higham), with bassist Peter Gee and with Clive. He is looking forward to Shadowland next year. An evening I will never forget  *horns* 8).

Nicky007

Great, Teunis, and thanks for the report  :)

I have to get more into Pendragon. They're very special, and I like special groups that dare  *horns*

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Teunis

Quote from: Nicky007 on Mon, 2008-10-06, 21:32:53
Great, Teunis, and thanks for the report  :)
You're welcome, still impressed by the memory of that evening  :D.

Quote from: Nicky007 on Mon, 2008-10-06, 21:32:53
I have to get more into Pendragon. They're very special, and I like special groups that dare  *horns*
They do dare indeed. A lot of (prog) bands stick to their (successful) sound, the new released Pendragon album 'Pure' is so different from their previous 'Believe'. Heavier (thanks to the new drummer), but still very melodious. And they add some weird noises to the music, for example a barking dog at the beginning of the album  ;D. Some people do like the music, but they hate the voice of Nick Barrett. But I love it, it fits the music perfectly.

h9

Now, i'm stunning with 'a man of nomadic traits'. Oh God, what a terrific composition. Excellent unity between Clive Nolan and Nick barrett. I can't stop hearing this song  *horns*

Teunis

Quote from: h9 on Mon, 2008-11-17, 12:22:41
Now, i'm stunning with 'a man of nomadic traits'. Oh God, what a terrific composition. Excellent unity between Clive Nolan and Nick barrett. I can't stop hearing this song  *horns*
Yes, that song rocks. They played it live at the gig I attended last month  8)

CompanyCroydon

All Pendragon is good ;D

Deenfan

Apart from the accent, yes.

PH

h9

Quote from: Deenfan on Tue, 2008-11-18, 09:41:09
Apart from the accent, yes.

I don't know the English accent differences that happen in several person from different place. The only thing i know is Nick Barrett's voice is very characterize Pendragon's song.
So similar with Peter Nicholls's for IQ or Jon Anderson's for Yes.

Deenfan

His accent is so strong you could almost tell what street he grew up in, and if you really know your accents, you could pick the house number.

But it's certainly something that could be likeable. I just get the image of a gargantuan teacup. ;)