News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Lock Up Your Popstars - vote Maiden and upset the UK music industry

Started by ironcow2103, Tue, 2009-02-03, 22:50:28

Previous topic - Next topic

ironcow2103

Ok, this is OT but I hope that all lovers of prog here will put their old rock hats on and have a little fun at the expense of the pop industry and the Brit awards...

This year there are a couple of public vote categories including best live band. Now this includes the usual vanilla pop suspects such as Coldplay and some others I'd never heard of... Now whilst I think the likes of Arena should be in here they aren't but Iron Maiden are!

Now whether you like Iron Maiden or not is immaterial, they are a really fine live act and given the complete lack of support from the UK music industry one of the biggest bands in the world deserve your vote.

So given the fact the the UK music industry sucks, wouldn't it be great to see the preening poppites have to honour some proper musicians who are still going strong nearly 30 years on from their debut?

All you have to do is vote by the 7th February - the easiest way to get there is via the link on the Planet Rock homepage:

http://www.planetrock.com/

It takes about two minutes, it doesn't matter if you don't live in the UK and maybe, just maybe you will make a difference!

Cheers

Steve

ps. spread the word...

Nicky007

Quote from: ironcow2103 on Tue, 2009-02-03, 22:50:28
So given the fact the the UK music industry sucks ...

If the UK music industry makes you puke, Steve, the Danish one would empty your stomach  :( :'(

Nice post  8)

Now whether you like Iron Maiden or not is immaterial, they are a really fine live act and given the complete lack of support from the UK music industry one of the biggest bands in the world deserve your vote.

Maiden aint in my prog pantheon, but they sure are lightyears above "the usual vanilla pop suspects."

Again, why are there so few people who take music seriously  ???

It's all been degraded to showbiz, a*s and b*s, flirt .....  :'(

There are more great prog groups around today than ever before, but only few people have awakened to that  :-\

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

keyboardistmatt

Done.  I doubt it will upset the UK music industry, though. Maiden are nominated for a reason... ;)
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

johninblack

Quote from: Nicky007 on Wed, 2009-02-04, 01:32:52

Again, why are there so few people who take music seriously  ???

I get what you mean but I do wonder if it's more about them not being educated in the ways of prog or if their just not musically knowledgeable enough to "get it".

Anyway voted Maiden who I like very much.

maddox

Hmm, i get Coldplay (whether or not you like them, they are a really good live band  ;)), i've never heard of Elbow let alone Counting For Girls and although i do know The Verve was brutally forced to vote for Iron Maiden.  :-\  ;)

In short: Signed, sealed and delivered.  *horns* *horns* *horns*
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

keyboardistmatt

I'm just getting the results.... ;)

johninblack

keyboardistmatt