News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

What have you been listening to recently?!

Started by Deenfan, Mon, 2009-03-23, 16:28:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicky007

Ha, we got another double personality in the Room: Guys, introducing the one-and-only Matt-Deenie (not to be confused with Martini;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

maddox

I recently listened to Anathema's Hindsight.  ;D
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

bellanova

I cant stop listening to Genesis at the moment. Gabriel stuff obviously! Its due to having seen Los Endos the other week at The Peel. Went with my ex who has become a very good friend now. Los endos were a pretty good tribute band and i had a blast!!!! *horns*

Manatee

Quote from: bellanova on Thu, 2009-04-02, 12:59:26
I cant stop listening to Genesis at the moment. Gabriel stuff obviously! Its due to having seen Los Endos the other week at The Peel. Went with my ex who has become a very good friend now. Los endos were a pretty good tribute band and i had a blast!!!! *horns*

Certainly not a bad choice.  I just received my CD copy of Foxtrot (only had it on vinyl before), and I anticipate playing it a time or fifty in the next few days.   :)
"What is that sound?  It's confusing, and boy is it loud!"

Steve Jones

I can't argue with that 8)

We're happy as fish and gorgeous as geese, and wonderfully clean* in the morning.

* Even those who've been up all night drinking Guinness
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

PH

I cant stop listening to Genesis at the moment. Gabriel stuff obviously! Its due to having seen Los Endos the other week at The Peel.

Fine choice!
I've found myself listening to Genesis a lot too. My dad also likes Genesis (he fits in the age category, so no surprises there) and we often have a beer (or something stronger) in the evening, listening to all these wonderful Genesis songs. :)

Went with my ex who has become a very good friend now.

Good to hear that! :)

Steve Jones

Regards, Steve Jones

PH

Quote from: Steve Jones on Thu, 2009-04-02, 13:55:02
Two beers? ;)

Well, yes. To begin with. I mean, he doesn't like it when I sip his beer, so I get my own. I'm a big boy already.

keyboardistmatt

...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

maddox

Nicky007

Gotta give Deenie some credit. He's one of the roomies who'v contributed most substance to the Room.

Here are some'o the albums that have made an impression on me recently:

Ten:  B-A-B-Y-L-O-N

A visionary masterpiece  *horns*

With several excellent groups, I wonder how they can be sooo much under the radar after several years of creativity, but this is particularly the case with Ten. They have so much catchy melody, and Gary's singing sure grips, so that if anyone got the bright idea to play'm on the radio, I'm sure that a lot of people would get caught.

And then there's the depth that would make people think ... But maybe it's the thinking that the forces who reign wanna avoid .....  ???

Might lower "production"  :(

Then I just read on Wiki that Ten actually had some success with Babylon ... ???

Been listenin a lot to Extreme's III Sides too  *horns*

The Arcane Order:  In The Wake Of Collisions

A Danish metal group. Probably the heaviest album I'v eva heard. Makes Slayer sound like easy listenin. Never thought that five people could make sooo much noise  ;D

Initially it actually did sound like noise to me, but with several listens, I can hear that there are some interesting things goin on, enuff to make me wanna have this album .....

Queensrÿche:  The Art Of Live

From their Tribe tour. Great album  *horns*

What's special about this album is that here Scott Rockenfield really showcases his tremendous talent. And Edbajo and Scott go real well together. The rhythms here could get even old Maggie T to swing her stuff (that's sayin sumthin)  ;D

And of course Geoff is stunning as always  *horns*

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

maddox

PH

Recently, I found myself listening a lot to Neal Morse. Testimony in particular.
And why not. It's brilliant! 8)

Nicky007

Of course I'v a-been listenin to a lot of stuff lately, the highlights being:

Caamora She

Here the music is vintage Clive and very dramatic (from silky smooth to blaring), and particularly the storyline is highly challenging. I'd like to soon read the book, but I also know that Clive has added some of his own reflections - one of the guys who makes rock cutting edge in society  *horns*

Paxi, I don't get why you're not into Caamora She, it's right up your sleeve  ;)

But of course you never buy anythin by Clive  :o

;D

Pantera:  The Great Southern Trendkill

Highly demanding and challenging music, even more a test of whether you hear music for comfort and soothing (the great majority) or for stimulation and reflection  ;)

Rush:  Moving Pictures

Rush at (one of) their best, but OK, this is of course a group that thru all their thirty years have maintained the highest standards. Fine sound and heaps of great moments  *horns*

Corrosion Of Conformity:  Wiseblood

Still rather youthful, but you hear that Pepper and Co. expect a lot from their music, and they're well on their way to Down, one of the real groundbreakers today  8)

Nicky.

So you've come of age
Sure you can

Nicky007

Went with my ex who has become a very good friend now.

Quote from: PH on Thu, 2009-04-02, 13:46:21
Good to hear that! :)

Yeah, we must try to understand and forgive, but we should also protect our private sphere and avoid being violated again  :)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Manatee

Quote from: Nicky007 on Sun, 2009-05-10, 10:01:27
Paxi, I don't get why you're not into Caamora She, it's right up your sleeve  ;)

I don't either understand what you're doin here in the Room when you never buy anythin by Clive  :o

The lad does own some Arena, I trust?

Me, I've been listening to Gazpacho and the other Gazpacho.  I find it stunning.  10,000 Maddoxes can't be wrong.

I've also listened to the only Catherine Wheel I own on CD, Happy Days, which is better than I'd remembered, but the first two albums still kick its arse.  I put in an order for a very inexpensive copy of Chrome yesterday.  Anyone else here like and/or familiar with them?  Prog Archives does not list them, but I think they could qualify as prog metal.  And if nothing else, they have to get a point or two for their vocalist being the nephew of Bruce Dickinson of Iron Maiden fame.   *horns*

Nicky007

Quote from: Manatee on Sun, 2009-05-10, 10:12:49

Old joke, not to be taken literally. He skipped buying Contagion as he was waiting for Contagion Max aka Godot for ages, and in the process making all sortsa antics to listen to the Contagion stuff and join in on our party. It turned into a party in itself  ;D

Me, I've been listening to Gazpacho and the other Gazpacho.  I find it stunning.  10,000 Maddoxes can't be wrong.

Well, as long as he doesnt dig Warrel, I can't take him seriously  :o

;D (in my sarcastic mo(o)d(e) today)

Yeah, gonna get to Gazpacho soon .....

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Steve Jones

Regards, Steve Jones

Manatee

Quote from: Nicky007 on Sun, 2009-05-10, 10:21:33
Old joke, not to be taken literally. He skipped buying Contagion as he was waiting for Contagion Max aka Godot for ages, and in the process making all sortsa antics to listen to the Contagion stuff and join in on our party. It turned into a party in itself  ;D

Ah, my n00bness is showing.   :-[

Yeah, gonna get to Gazpacho soon .....

Well, as you know, some of us love their recent two albums, but in case you weren't aware, they are not at all metal, so approach with caution if you're still wearing your Full Metal Jacket.   ;)

maddox

;D

I thank you for this 27.4 years-trust you give me.  ;)

Quote from: Nicky007 on Sun, 2009-05-10, 10:21:33
Well, as long as he doesnt dig Warrel, I can't take him seriously  :o

:P

On topic:

I recently listened to Blind Ego's Numb.
Withdrawal effects i call it.  8)

Nicky007

Quote from: Manatee on Sun, 2009-05-10, 10:25:48
Well, as you know, some of us love their recent two albums, but in case you weren't aware, they are not at all metal, so approach with caution if you're still wearing your Full Metal Jacket.   ;)

Yeah, I was a-wonderin whether I should overdub it with some Brann Dailor stuff  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Manatee

Quote from: maddox on Sun, 2009-05-10, 10:32:11
I thank you for this 27.4 years-trust you give me.  ;)

Is that how long it would take for one Maddox invested at current interest rates to accumulate to 10,000 Maddoxes?

While we're on the topic, I suggest we make the Maddox the official unit of currency in The Room.

Steve Jones

Quote from: Manatee on Sun, 2009-05-10, 10:44:51
I suggest we make the Maddox the official unit of currency in The Room.

100 Gazpachos in a Maddox?
Regards, Steve Jones

Manatee

Quote from: Steve Jones on Sun, 2009-05-10, 10:46:54

That sounds accurate, although we'd best leave him a clear path to the loo.   :o

Nicky007

Quote from: Steve Jones on Sun, 2009-05-10, 10:46:54

I like to gas Paco, done it hundred times, so I'm probly one of'm mad dogs  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can