News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Comment on the previous roomie's NP and list yours

Started by Nicky007, Wed, 2008-10-08, 20:38:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicky007

This is actually a game that I enjoy, and it's become a fave topic on the Neverboard ( http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/nevermore/354055-say-something-about-what-forumer-above-you-listening.html ).

It forces you to say something interesting about someone else's fave music (or hate music), and it's interesting to hear what other roomies think about particular music pieces.

If you want more comments on the same music piece, you can just put it on your ipod or whatever and list it again. (We gotta to stick to rules.)

So of course I have to start with my fave group.

Nevermore:  This Godless Endeavor  (title song)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Steve Jones

Quote from: Nicky007 on Wed, 2008-10-08, 20:38:39
Nevermore:  This Godless Endeavor  (title song)

Right.  I've followed the link and think I can see how it's played.  I needed to say either
a) Never fawkin' 'eard of it!
or
b) Fawkin' awesome, maannnn!!

Then I need to include at least 3 hi-res graphics in my signature and claim to be playing something like 'Knobgrinder Apocalypse - The Musical'.  Have I got everthing?  ;D ;D ;D

Anyway, enough of this jolly banter...

Nevermore TGE= Freakin awesome, dude!  (Seriously!)

NP Robin Trower - Live!
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

PH

Actually, this is something I often already do in the Now Playing Thread...

Therefore I think this could easily been tied to the Now Playing Thread, now we have two Song Title Game Threads and two Now Playing Threads... :-\

maddox

Quote from: Steve Jones on Wed, 2008-10-08, 21:00:28

NP Robin Trower - Live!

Okay, this one's easy:

A) Never fawkin' 'eard of it!  ;D

Or to keep things civilized: I have no idea who this is.  :-\ ;)

And now:

Seventh Wonder - Mercy Falls

*go ahead, make my day.  ::)
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Steve Jones

Quote from: maddox on Wed, 2008-10-08, 21:33:48
Seventh Wonder - Mercy Falls

Never fawkin' 'eard of it!  ;D

NP: The Reasoning - Awakening
Regards, Steve Jones

Nicky007

Quote from: maddox on Wed, 2008-10-08, 21:33:48
Okay, this one's easy:

A) Never fawkin' 'eard of it!  ;D

Or to keep things civilized: I have no idea who this is.  :-\ ;)

And now: ...

Hey, that's cheating !!! You can't just ignore somebody else's NP. Either you make an effort to get into it, or you wait till something turns up that you wanna comment on (or you start your own fawkin thread)  :P

So back to form :

NP Robin Trower - Live!

We'll take it from here! (I'm the boss here)  8)

To keep the process going, let's (that's me doin it) add the rule that if 24 hours pass (that's 1 hour + 1 hour + ... 24 times) without any new post, then the latest poster may comment on his/her own NP. (Capisce? I tried to make that as clear as possible)

Then I need to include at least 3 hi-res graphics in my signature and claim to be playing something like 'Knobgrinder Apocalypse - The Musical'.  Have I got everthing?  ;D ;D ;D

;D Yeah, there's a lot of that stuff on the Neverboard. Some of the guys there are pretty impressive with it.

Quote from: PH on Wed, 2008-10-08, 21:33:02
Actually, this is something I often already do in the Now Playing Thread...

Yeah, I do too (lots of news here  ;D ), but the present thread has a more formal procedure which can bring some other stuff to light. Let's see! I'm curious  ;)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

maddox

Quote from: Nicky007 on Wed, 2008-10-08, 21:44:07
Hey, that's cheating !!!

Which i'm good at.  ;D  ;)

Quote from: Nicky007 on Wed, 2008-10-08, 21:44:07
You can't just ignore somebody else's NP. Either you make an effort to get into it, or you wait till something turns up that you wanna comment on (or you start your own fawkin thread)  :P

I, politely, disagree.
This was something i could comment on, though i have to admit it was a bit short.
Truth is, i never heard of that guy. Wait, delete those last words: I do know his name so i have heard of him before but i just don't know his music.

It's not so different from Steve's first post in this thread.  ;)
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

PH

Quote from: Nicky007 on Wed, 2008-10-08, 21:44:07Yeah, I do too (lots of news here  ;D ), but the present thread has a more formal procedure which can bring some other stuff to light. Let's see! I'm curious  ;)

I edited my previous post...

Nicky007

Quote from: PH on Wed, 2008-10-08, 21:33:02
Therefore I think this could easily been tied to the Now Playing Thread, now we have two Song Title Game Threads and two Now Playing Threads... :-\

Paxi, we should respect our reticent folks  :)

Let's leave the old NP thread as it is  8)

Those who wanna join in on the present thread (and observe the (my) rules, Mad) can do so; the others can go to hell  ;D

Quote from: maddox on Wed, 2008-10-08, 22:08:03
I, politely, disagree...

Well, I guess we just have to practice patience. (It's a virtue, yknow, Mad). If Stevie decides on Robin Trower, then Robin Trower it is.

So, once again, guys, this is the one to comment on:

NP Robin Trower - Live!

Nicky.

So you've come of age
Sure you can

PH

Quote from: Nicky007 on Wed, 2008-10-08, 22:52:01
Paxi, we should respect our reticent folks  :)

Let's leave the old NP thread as it is  8)

Those who wanna join in on the present thread (and observe the (my) rules, Mad) can do so; the others can go to hell  ;D

Alright then...

Quote from: Nicky007 on Wed, 2008-10-08, 22:52:01Well, I guess we just have to practice patience. (It's a virtue, yknow, Mad). If Stevie decides on Robin Trower, then Robin Trower it is.

So, once again, guys, this is the one to comment on:

NP Robin Trower - Live!

Never fawkin' 'eard of it! ;D

Nicky007

Quote from: PH on Wed, 2008-10-08, 23:41:37
Never fawkin' 'eard of it! ;D

Easy:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robin_Trower

But I agree, it's a hardon, I mean: hard one - Proctol Hardon & Hendrix - yaaaaaaaawn

So anymore "never fawkin' 'eard of it!"s, and I'll make sure that nobody nevermore fawkin' 'ears of you again  :o

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

PH

Quote from: Steve Jones on Wed, 2008-10-08, 21:00:28NP Robin Trower - Live!

Hey well yeah! *horns*
That's the guitarist who achieved success with Procol Harum during the 1960s, and then again as the leader of his own Hendrixesque power trio!

You can listen to a funky song here: www.trowerpower.com (sounds really good by the way! :))

NP: Evergrey - Fear (http://www.myspace.com/officialevergrey)

(How's that Nicky?) ;) :-*

Nicky007

Quote from: PH on Thu, 2008-10-09, 00:47:17
(How's that Nicky?) ;) :-*

Hm ..... hm ........ hm .................. but OK, I have to dole out some responsibility. Paxi, there wasnt much "take" or "personal" in your post, or should we be honest and say that there was absolutely zero take, but OK, I'll let it pass this time. But God, are you guys mf's  >:(

OK guys:

Let's see some comments ;)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Bupie

I'd really love to enter this game, Nick. In fact, since I stayed pretty young in my mind (who said fawkin' immature ?  >:(   :D), I like almost every kind of game BUT ... I won't enter it until you join Deenie's song title game contest !!!

I know I am not being very constructive here but sometimes you have to be rude to get things going  ;D

By the way, I often comment my choices on the NP thread and I even try to propose something related to the previous album/song when I get the opportunity to do so.

PH

Quote from: Bupie on Thu, 2008-10-09, 09:43:44I'd really love to enter this game, Nick. In fact, since I stayed pretty young in my mind (who said fawkin' immature ?  >:(   :D), I like almost every kind of game BUT ... I won't enter it until you join Deenie's song title game contest !!!

Ouch! :D :D :D

Nicky007

Bups, the thing is that I'm not so interested in the mass of groups that fill the ether (quantity); I'm interested in finding and sharing special, particularly ultimate, musical experiences (quality) :)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Deenfan

Finding a song that has got the word "Chelsea" in it, without being "Chelsea Monday", preferably by a band with a vast back catalogue, takes some dedication!! >:(

Participaaatiiiioooooo in my fine game is a way to quality musical experiences (of fire). ;D

PH

Quote from: Deenfan on Thu, 2008-10-09, 19:30:10Participaaatiiiioooooo in my fine game is a way to quality musical experiences (of fire). ;D

LOL!! ;D ;D ;D
I'm laughing my backside off (of fire). ;D

Deenfan

I'm glad to see that!  :D

...of fire, of course! ;D

Nicky007

Hm, looks like this is a hard one too. A year ago when I last heard Evergrey, they still hadnt gripped me. But maybe I should give'm a run again now. Or, Paxi, maybe you should comment on this piece. Now two days have passed. Tell us what you think is so interesting bout it  :)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Nicky007

OK, I'm not getting much help here  ::)

Just played Fear a couple of times, and I'm pleasantly surprised. Very much a song to my taste  *horns*

Last year I spun Evergrey's The Inner Circle (2004, about religion, cults, and child abuse) a few times. It didnt grip me much. So I decided to let'm rest for a while. Paxi, thanks for getting me interested again. Now I'l get back to TIC, and Fear's so good that I'v put Torn on my SL.

Tom Englund's singing reminds me of Russ Allen's, and in fact Fear has some of the same stuff as Paradise Lost. (I can't yet say anything bout the other songs on Torn.)

But Paxi, I'm surprised that you're interested in Evergrey. Getting a bit more into metal now ?

OK, nuff of a comment. I'm curious to hear what you guys think of this song (several comments allowed):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ0yp0T8WDY

It blew my mind totally thirty some years ago - and I must say: Still sounds terrific imo  *horns*

These were some of the guys who cut the metal in those times (mmm, feeling all sentimental  :) )

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Deenfan

I would help, but...

1: I've never heard the track.

2: There is no sound from my speakers, for some freak reason, and I don't have a headset anywhere near me.

:-\

Steve Jones

Quote from: Nicky007 on Mon, 2008-10-20, 17:56:34
OK, nuff of a comment. I'm curious to hear what you guys think of this song (several comments allowed):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ0yp0T8WDY
It blew my mind totally thirty some years ago - and I must say: Still sounds terrific imo  *horns*
These were some of the guys who cut the metal in those times (mmm, feeling all sentimental  :) )
Ace. Triffic. Brill.

Takes me back, too.  Makes me feel like a schoolboy.  But I'd settle for a schoolgirl... ;D
Regards, Steve Jones

Nicky007

Quote from: Steve Jones on Mon, 2008-10-20, 20:19:27
Ace. Triffic. Brill. Takes me back too.

They were really fabulous, werent they ?

What's interesting is that in those days the best groups also became popular. Take Beatles, Floyd, Zep, Queen, Genesis, and even Yes in the course of time.

Nowadays it's mainly superficial pop groups and artists that become big, and usually not for long  :(

So what's happened in-between  ???

Quote from: Steve Jones on Mon, 2008-10-20, 20:19:27
But I'd settle for a schoolgirl... ;D

And how about "on", Jonesey ? ;D

I'm actually surprised that this thread doesnt interest roomies  ::)  It's actually a good opportunity to share great music  ;)

But I don't actually take it personally, not at all, no, by no means; no, I know that roomies think that I'm a shit, and that I'v left Arena and DT for Nevermore, and that I'm coarse and I insult people; but I don't actually care, no, not at all, I have my self-confidence, and nobody can hurt me ............... waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa  :'(

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

PH

Quote from: Nicky007 on Tue, 2008-10-21, 17:07:17I'm actually surprised that this thread doesnt interest roomies  ::)  It's actually a good opportunity to share great music  ;)

But I don't actually take it personally, not at all, no, by no means; no, I know that roomies think that I'm a shit, and that I'v left Arena and DT for Nevermore, and that I'm coarse and I insult people; but I don't actually care, no, not at all, I have my self-confidence, and nobody can hurt me ............... waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa  :'(

No Nicky! We love you!
If you promise us never to start a topic like this again, we will forgive you that you've left Arena and DT for Nevermore.

;)

Actually, the main problem with this topic is that I don't really (REALLY) know the bands that were mentioned. Therefore I could not comment on it.

But I'll give Queen a go!

"Brighton Rock" starts in the same way as "Bedlam Fayre" which is kinda cool in some way. Freddy was truly one of the best singers in history, I love it how he manages to go from a "Bee Gee's vocal" to his normal (outstanding) vocal. Although I'm not fond of the Bee Gees (and especially not their vocals ;D).
The second half of the song is really cool! *horns* And very experimental. I can see why they (Queen) got so big! But this is by far not their best song. Not that I know much about Queen though...

Ok, let's draw this back to a more familiar territory (at least for me):
Next song is:

Blackfield - Open Mind

The first song from the first Blackfield album.

-Paco