News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Strangers on a Train

Started by Moonloop, Tue, 2005-01-25, 15:26:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Moonloop

Mr Nolan has been promising "Part 3" for several years now, does anyone out there actually know whether it's going to ever see the light of day or not..??

I seem to recall reading that the music had been written but recording had been put on hold due to his other projects, this being the case would anyone agree that it just may seem a bit "dated" now and should be re-written..?? Playing parts 1 & 2 now it strikes me just how typically "neo-prog" they sound (and oh how I hate that tag) and to release a follow up written 5-10 years ago (or whatever) may just be asking for trouble - if you see where I'm coming from.... :-[

Thoughts..???
The brainwashed do not know that they are brainwashed...

Clive

I hear your comments:
As far as getting the album finished - I really hope that will happen this year!
I have got material that I wrote ten years ago for this album, but you can be sure that I won't just leave it at that. I have also written new material, so that the finished article will be a blend of both. I do want to keep some of the innocence that the first two Strangers CDs had, but naturally I want to make use of new sounds and recording techniques.
What can I say? It will be the third 'Strangers on a Train' album in every way that I can make it so....

Moonloop

Well, that's exactly what I wanted to hear..!!

It's also refreshing to see the band members chipping in and responding to questions and musings, nice one.

Hope Tracy Hitchings will be involved again, she's been a bit quiet of late & it's been around 6/7 years since her album with Landmarq..!!

Clive

Tracy will certainly be on the album.... and Karl. The original three!  :)

Moonloop

JJ II

So no Alan reed then, Clive?

JJ II

Clive

We can always ask him...  :)

I think there will be at least one 'special guest'...

PH

Ahhh I think I am very interested in the progress of this thread! ;D

Moonloop

Quote from: PH on Mon, 2006-02-06, 21:36:57
Ahhh I think I am very interested in the progress of this thread! ;D

Lack of progress, surely  ;)

keyboardistmatt

This is getting quite exciting.  But, like the Arena albums, I am not in the least bit concerned about when it will come out.

The way I see it, if you want a good album, you're gonna have to wait for it! :)
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

PH

Quote from: keyboardistmatt on Tue, 2006-02-07, 21:13:11
This is getting quite exciting.  But, like the Arena albums, I am not in the least bit concerned about when it will come out.

The way I see it, if you want a good album, you're gonna have to wait for it! :)

Sure but I haven't heard anything by SOAT. And because it is a trilogy I want them all three together... I'm sure it's great 'cos Clive's involved.
So does it sound a bit similar to Arena? :)

Moonloop

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2006-02-07, 21:45:57

No. Not really.

Remember that the first 2 installments were done over 10 years ago so musically, they sound a bit dated although they are certainly worth getting and listening to. Think along the lines of typical Neo-Prog with a classical hint and Tracey Hitchings on vocals with long instrumental passages and you get the idea.   ;D

JJ II

I think Clive once described SoaT as "Chamber Rock", which is quite an apt description (if you know your classics).

Crazy Diamond

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2006-02-07, 21:45:57
Sure but I haven't heard anything by SOAT. And because it is a trilogy I want them all three together... I'm sure it's great 'cos Clive's involved.

Yes all three would be great together, especially for all of us who have never heard any SOAT before... any plans to re-release I and II in the near future.....please

CD....

PH

Yeah, that would be cool!
As soon as the third album is ready there should come a trilogybox or something!! :o :o

What about that?