News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Demians - Mute

Started by The Butterfly Man, Thu, 2010-05-13, 00:17:29

Previous topic - Next topic

The Butterfly Man

Demians new album is ready for release! This is what Nicholas Chapel says on their MySpace page:

QuoteHello everyone! The new Demians record, entitled "Mute", comes out June 28th on Inside Out Music, distributed by EMI Music.

The album includes the following tracks:

1. Swing Of The Airwaves
2. Feel Alive
3. Porcelain
4. Black Over Gold
5. Overhead
6. Tidal
7. Rainbow Ruse
8. Hesitation Waltz
9. Falling From The Sun

Stay tuned to http://www.myspace.com/demiansmusic  for some new songs and infos very soon.

Cheers!
Demians

June 28th, that's pretty soon! :) Building An Empire is one of my favourite albums of all time so I can't wait to see what this new album has in store! *horns*

By the way, you can listen to an edited version of Swing Of The Airwaves on their MySpace as well. I listened to it only once, but it sounds promising!

Tom

There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

maddox

First reaction: GREAT!!!!  *horns*

Second: What a terrible cover!!  :o :o :o

Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

The Butterfly Man

I got the album. It's more heavy than Building An Empire, it's very direct and in your face. Another impressive effort from Nicholas Chapel, who (again) played every single instrument that you hear on the album... 8) *horns*

Nicky, you didn't really like Building An Empire did you?

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

Nicky007

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Mon, 2010-06-28, 11:18:16
Nicky, you didn't really like Building An Empire did you?

I'd say I like it, but I'm not crazy about it, sorta like I feel when hearing Ayreon and Pineapple Thief.

Maybe the difference between you and me on that point is that I had a long period when I was addicted to Mike Oldfield's music: QE2, Ommadawn, Tubular Bells, Five Miles Out - all his albums at the time, and I mean "addicted" literally.

So I don't hear that much novelty in BAE. And I'm not either hot on Nicholas Chapel's singing  :-\

I liked Maggie Reilly a lot more - whew - experienced her live too (three times).

But I like Demians sufficiently to wanna have the new album, and I'm always curious, as you know  ;)

In general I find that when you get two or three musical genii together to compose the music, you get a synergy that goes far beyond the fruits of one genius. Like in DT you have Petrucci, Portnoy and Rudess, who are all involved in all steps of the process. In Nevermore you have Dane and Loomis, in Priest, Tipton, Halford and Downing. Even in Deadsoul Tribe, which is very much a one-man-project of Devon Graves, Adel Moustafa contributes a major part to DSD's sound with his extraordinary drumming.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me