News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

'Best of' album title suggestions

Started by mdread666, Wed, 2005-02-23, 15:22:08

Previous topic - Next topic

mdread666

QuoteI already requested 'The cage' if I can purchase the fan club CD only, not with the paper 'newsletter' that honestly I do not have the time (or the will) to read, the answer was a flat NO ! For the fan club (and the artist), it is a flat lost of revenue.

I do not think it is fair to sell fan clubs CD this way ! I am always willing to support the artists for their work ... but nobody will ever force me to purchase something that I do not want
I think you're missing the point! The fan club IS in the process of changing so that it will be web based with FREE membership which will allow ANYONE to just buy the fan club CD's if they want to!! If people don't want to read the newsletter, latest tour news etc. then they needn't bother, they can just buy the fan club CD's at a reasonable price and then log off. Surely the more people we can encourage to join the FREE fan club and feel a bit more involved with the band, then the better it is for everyone!
mdread666

...for it is a human number,
It's number is six hundred and sixty six.

Simtere

Arena have just released their Sixth full length studio album so how about "Six of the Best" ?

Constable Hogweed

Quote from: Simtere on Tue, 2005-03-01, 15:09:19
Arena have just released their Sixth full length studio album so how about "Six of the Best" ?

Please don't start Xanxtuary off.  :(  ;)  ;D

The Voyager

The Fury

This is really great. What started off as a topic for creative would-be titles is now turning into a discussion about the form and the actual realization of this would-be album for which these would-be titles are intended. :-)
Isn't this supposed to be the moment were Clive gets in, says it might be an idea and promises to take a look at the possibilities?? (Yeah, I witnessed the birth of this really cool project called Contagion - The Max!!!)
I'll just sit here and wait then :-)

Edit: Hurrah, I have just been upgraded to a slave!!
Why do you laugh at my hopeless appeal for your mercy?

Appelmoes??

Quote from: The Fury on Wed, 2005-03-16, 01:22:10Edit: Hurrah, I have just been upgraded to a slave!!
BOW BEFORE YOUR KING!!! ;D
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

gelert

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Wed, 2005-03-16, 17:54:28
BOP BEFORE YOUR KING!!! ;D

LOL...

Where's my niece's "Scissor Sisters" CD....  ;)

Oh yes, that's right....

Loopy borrowed it....  ;D
Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"

Appelmoes??

Sorry, didn't get that one ???

But then again... Do I WANT to know? ;D
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

gelert

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Wed, 2005-03-16, 19:31:07
Sorry, didn't get that one ???

But then again... Do I WANT to know? ;D

OUCH....!
Internationally Affiliated Member of the Federated Union of Conundrums, Kudos, & Eccentric Dialogue, featuring the Scantily Clad Radii Of The Ubiquitous Meniscus - our motto "Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana"

JJ II

HeJePi,

What you're saying is: I don't like fanclubs, cause I'm too lazy to read their magazines!! ???

Come on: isn't it great that the band provides their most loyal following with a low-priced (or even: free!) CD? What's the fun of this kind of stuff being available to anyone in the world?
If you don't like magazines, then just don't read them, but you can't blame a fanclub for selling (or giving away) the CD's to members only, cause that's the reason to join... :D

But we're talking ancient times now: the magazine is no longer!  :'(

JJ II

I just though of:
"Salt out of Sand"

which hints at the Hanging Tree of course, but Arena means Sand as well (in Spanish) and it makes clear that it's the best out of much more material.... ;)

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: HeJePi on Sat, 2005-02-26, 16:45:08
... and a special box package containing the re-edition of the 4 fan clubs CD ! ;D

And another vote! ;D  Well done that man!

As for the 'best of' album, how about just calling it ArenA:)

...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

The_Lurker

Quote from: Constable Hogweed on Thu, 2005-02-24, 20:22:39
Uncaged - The best of Arena.

That's the one. It gets my vote. Well done, Constable. And thanks for turning me on to this band!

BlueDragonPT

All of this is scaring me....best of ???? All the band's starting to make "best of" are laking of creativity...
The best name for the next Arena "progressive rock/metal" :P album is:

Pepper's Ghost - Part II
the heart of a dragon is a river of tears

Clive

And at what point does 'Progressive Rock' become 'Metal'?

Personally I'd love to make Pepper's Ghost II, but I suspect that would be considered a failure to evolve!.... A best of album doesn't have to represent a lack of imagination... it could be a way of introducing new fans to what Arena is all about..... :)

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: Clive on Fri, 2005-05-27, 08:54:34
And at what point does 'Progressive Rock' become 'Metal'?
I believe this happens when the music becomes heavy enough to be metal (i.e. the guitar work) without the keyboards.  Then they do the keyboard work.  (I.e. Symphony X, Dream Theater (to a certain extent),)

It has become apparent to me that to many people, Rock & Metal becomes Progressive when keyboards and keyboard solos are added.  To a *few* people I've known in the past, any Rock music with keyboards is Progressive... ???

Example:-
"Matt, you like 'Survivor' and 'Foreigner' don't you?  They are prog after all...."
(I had a giggle about that one...)  :D

Quote from: Clive on Fri, 2005-05-27, 08:54:34
A best of album doesn't have to represent a lack of imagination... it could be a way of introducing new fans to what Arena is all about..... :)

I agree.  There are plenty of bands and artists out there who have released best of albums, and still have plenty of imagination to write and record great new albums! :)

At the end of the day, it is a look back at what the band have done in the past 10 years, and a compilation of the best songs from various different albums on 1 album. 

...And people would be lying if they said that they don't like the idea of hearing some of their favorite songs from lots of albums on 1 CD!  We may as well have some nice artwork to go with it as well! :)

Highfire

I usually don't like "best of" albums, but that's because my other favourite band (E.L.O.) has about 20 different ones...too many, of course.

The making of a compilation has to be planned for future fans, not for us.

I'll buy it anyway, and will be happy only having a great artwork.

The title: "From Lions to Ghosts - The Best Of Arena"

Cheers... :)
We have been chosen...

Rafal

I think that Highfire's 'From lions to ghosts' is an absolutely great title for an Arena 'best of' album. Apt and meaningful. Although 'From ghosts to lions' would be a good one too. Anti-chronological of course. I think that Clive (and the rest) should seriously consider Highfire's idea. Greetings.
Rafal

Peter

Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Moonloop

The brainwashed do not know that they are brainwashed...

Peter

Arriving somewhere, but not here....

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: Highfire on Mon, 2005-06-20, 15:14:58
The making of a compilation has to be planned for future fans, not for us.

True, but it's also nice to be able to have a band issued compilation, with artwork, etc..., with lots of tracks from different albums on it.  As opposed to playing loads of different albums just for one track.

...Which is something I do...alot... 8)

Oh, well! ;D

Bouge

Quote from: Constable Hogweed on Thu, 2005-02-24, 20:22:39
Uncaged - The best of Arena.
My vote is with this one. Brilliant. Very apt.
I'm not overly fond of that frog. A 12-Gauge Shotgun springs to mind.

creme anglais

Quote from: DocSnyder on Thu, 2005-02-24, 18:40:03
No, that would be interpreted as a rip-off of Pain Of Salvation's 12:5.
or Pendragon 9:15 live!
hows about...........mmmm.............."the best of Arena"???

nah.......... not really very catchy is it?
I like the "cages & stages" idea tho!

CAx

johninblack

Quote from: Highfire on Mon, 2005-06-20, 15:14:58

The title: "From Lions to Ghosts - The Best Of Arena"

Cheers... :)

Like this one, however I was getting ready to post that I liked CH's 'Uncaged' idea untill I saw this one....ummmm...decision made....both very good ideas :)