News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Neo

Started by JJ II, Wed, 2006-05-24, 16:02:25

Previous topic - Next topic

JJ II

Has anyone been to the Neo-gig? And if so: how was it?
I was told that Jowitt and Nolan sang Hanging Tree together... that must have been awesome!

creme anglais

i would have loved to have sen the NEO thing at RoSFest, there are some pics on the Pendragon website
http://www.pendragon.mu/uk/files/live_photos.htm

not much of a consolation......... but I have a feeling we might have an opportunity to see these boys together again! ;)

JJ II

I found this review of a recent Neo-gig:

QuoteBefore the main event [Pendragon, ed.] we had Neo - an act I was really looking forward to as their constituent musicians are some of my favourite prog artists, and because they haven't played this country before (and from what I hear may not again either!). This was only their second gig after playing ROSfest earlier this year, and I think their setlist there was similar to Riffs. And what a setlist! We started off with the overture from IQ's Subterranea, leading into John Jowitt singing Erosion - and not half badly either! Then they introduced Alan Reed from Pallas as a guest vocalist. He was fab - such energy, bouncing around the stage so much I was surprised he didn't knock over any of the equipment - let's face it, Riffs doesn't have a huge stage! He sang three Pallas numbers including a real blast from the past - Crown Of Thorns - which was just great to hear! Alan then said it was time for the difficult stuff for him - him singing non-Pallas stuff. But oh my, he did a superb job! Arena's The Hanging Tree and IQ's The Enemy Smacks (last section) were both performed brilliantly and with such power and passion.
Clive then took the microphone and sang a Shadowland track, Mindgames. Great to hear Clive sing - he's got a fab voice!
And then Nick Barrett joined the stage - disguised in bobblehat! He sang IQ's The Outer Limits - so very different from Mr Nicholls, and a great version of the Nolan/Wakeman song, Shadows of Fate from The Hound Of The Baskervilles. So great to hear some of that stuff live!
And then we ended with some Pendragon numbers - Paintbox, Masters Of Illusion and Stargazing.
They were just such FUN! They really looked as though they were enjoying themselves, and it was great to see members of some of my favourite bands playing each other's music with such obvious pleasure. And it lasted nearly 90 minutes as well!!

source: http://blog.myspace.com/davegen

tina

I saw Neo in Swindon as well. I agree with Dave's review. An amazing set they really did blow me away.

creme anglais

For those of you who are interested in the whole NEO thing, want to see Nick Barrett singign IQ and Clive Nolan playing Pallas and other wierd mixtures.......the DVD will be out VERY soon.......and available from all good prog sites I expect!!!

I am quite excited about seeing this, the gig in Swindon was great and I reckon on a big ol stage in Poland it would have been a hoot!

C-A

creme anglais

The Neo DVD "Broadcast" is out now!!!

Grab a copy from the Pendies webstore www.pendragon.mu

It really is GREAT MUSIC & GREAT FUN !!!

JJ II

QuoteThe Neo DVD "Broadcast" is out now!!!

I'm watching right now, it's fun to see these other versions, it's very much like a jukebox.
The DVd is very balanced with three Pendragon-tracks, four IQ tracks, three Pallas tracks and three of Nolan's (Arena/Shadowland/Hounds).
I think I'd like to see Clive sing some more Shadz or Arena-stuff! Justice is done by Alan Reed to The Hanging Tree though. *horns*