News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Anybody ever heard of .... NEO ?!

Started by Peter, Fri, 2005-11-04, 21:00:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter

No, it's not about the main character in the Matrix movies, but rather a project Clive Nolan contributes to. I found it on the web page for 2006's Rosfest: http://www.rosfest.com/Performers-2006/NEO.htm
Take a look :)
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

PH

John Jowitt is also in it.

So basically this is an IQ-Arena band.

IQ: Andy Edwards, John Jowitt
Arena: Clive Nolan, John Jowitt

I don't know Mark Westwood. :-[

Special Guests:
Alan Reed (Pallas)!!!
Peter Banks (Yes)
Nick Barrett (does ring a bell, but can't remember...)

Seems very promising!
I look forward to hear this!

keyboardistmatt

How intriguing! :)

This should be interesting to hear!
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

Wilford Jr.

That should be interesting to hear indeed.  I wonder if this is just a live act or if they plan to record anything.
No longer feeling anything
Fading fast
Nothing lasts
Beyond the waking hour

Appelmoes??

It's the ultimate prog. rock! It's so prog, it needs a new name: Neorock!
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

creme anglais

I believe NEO has been formed so that a wider variety of modern british prog can be launched at the Rosfest , whilst having just one or two representatives from each of the leading bands..............its like 6 bands for the price of one!
But I would sure love to see the performance!!!

It could be great fun!, I wonder what they will play???

CAx

Stuart

Very interesting indeed. I wonder if this is a one-off for the US, or if we will get a chance to see NEO in Europe. It would seem a shame to work on a live set and not play it a few more times, but of course you now have the calendar of several bands to consider to make this a reality.

PH

So this is not a new project, but just the musicians of their bands performing together on existing songs?

Teunis

Quote from: PH on Fri, 2005-11-04, 21:46:05
John Jowitt is also in it.

So basically this is an IQ-Arena band.

IQ: Andy Edwards, John Jowitt
Arena: Clive Nolan, John Jowitt

I don't know Mark Westwood. :-[

Special Guests:
Alan Reed (Pallas)!!!
Peter Banks (Yes)
Nick Barrett (does ring a bell, but can't remember...)

Seems very promising!
I look forward to hear this!
Sounds like a great band! Nick Barrett is the lead singer and also awesome guitarist of Pendragon, another great band.
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

Saryna

I'll be at Rosfest and will be looking forward to this performance.  From what I gather, its like creme anglais said....sort of a mixed bag of existing pieces, but I would imagine that considering who's in the band, they will bring new group works into the picture that maybe theyve made as a group, plus showcaseing individual hidden compositions not launched on the world yet by  each member.  I get the idea that most of these guys have works theyve had in the closet for awhile and this is a good vehicle to showcase them.  Especially Sir Clive. ;)

If it's decent, it would be nice to try to get them a few more gigs over here while theyre here.(US)  It would be good however, if they could escape the 'prog' tag a little bit so they can branch out. 

Simtere

Anyone expecting new recordings from Neo in the forseeable future look to be sadly disappointed.  Please check out:

http://www.elrose.co.uk/News/october_2005_archive.html

PH

I almost wanted to ask why they have a bandname then, but then I realised that they're called NEO which is the genre of rock the bands play.

Peter

Quote from: Simtere on Mon, 2005-11-07, 16:14:56
Anyone expecting new recordings from Neo in the forseeable future look to be sadly disappointed.  Please check out:

http://www.elrose.co.uk/News/october_2005_archive.html

too bad, then...
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

HelenDo

I also saw a mention of Neo on the silhobbit website and was going to pose a question to Clive. It sounds an interesting project. Any plans to play some gigs in the UK? How about a warm up before Rosfest?

Helenxxx

Clive

Neo will be playing more gigs next year.... but it's unlikely that we will play in Europe. The aim of this band is to reach out to new frontiers.... carry the 'prog flag' to new territories. Hopefully this will open up paths for all the connected bands.
That doesn't mean that Neo won't have it's own identity though.... can't say too much at the moment..... just keep watching!  ;)