News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Now Playing Thread

Started by Peter, Fri, 2005-01-14, 14:53:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Teunis

Anathema - A Fine Day To Exit
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

Teunis

Ayreon - The Dream Sequencer

maddox

Quote from: Teunis on Mon, 2016-12-05, 19:01:33
They'll be playing without me ;). Some nice tracks but overall too screamy vocals and also some weird songs. No, definitely not my favourite music.

np: Riverside - Love, Fear And The Time Machine  8)

Even if you would listen to the right albums, which Road Salt is not in my humble opinion, I still doubt it would be your cup of tea.

The lyrics of Gildenlöw are sometimes, well actually most of the times, quite harsh but the listener should understand the concept otherwise the listener wouldn't understand what the album and lyrics are about.
Personally I think Gildenlöw is a genius.
Albums like BE and The Perfect Element prt I and Remedy Lane are huge albums, masterpieces.
But like I said, some might not understand the concept. ;)

Besides that, to me Daniel Gildenlöw is one of the best prog/metal singers around. :)

NP> Transatlantic ~ Kaleidoscope
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Bupie

Quote from: Teunis on Sun, 2016-12-04, 21:42:55
Good to see you again Bupie, how's life?

Hey Teunis, thanks for asking  ;) I am in the middle of a Nicky's life impersonation since it has been two years now that I am unemployed : I just cautiously swapped Nicky's extreme metal for some 80's hard rock  :D So my first resolution  for 2017 would be to find a part time job. The second would be to meet some Roomies in person : some plan for holidays in Australia, anyone ? Other than that, I am preparing for my first summer Christmas, which is rather weird to be honest ...

JF Fanfields 2 - A fan's tribute to Toto

Teunis, if you haven't listened to it yet, I strongly recommend  that you give it a try. I got the complete 5 CDs package (FF1, FF2 and FF2 bonus) for less than 40 €. FF2 is a vast improvement over FF1 IMHO and some covers are really breathtaking. Worth the buy !

NP Work of Art - Framework

My opinion has not changed : it's nice but it really lacks diversity. And the link with Toto is more tenuous than adversited.

Teunis

Quote from: maddox on Sat, 2016-12-10, 14:32:03
Even if you would listen to the right albums, which Road Salt is not in my humble opinion, I still doubt it would be your cup of tea.

Albums like BE and The Perfect Element prt I and Remedy Lane are huge albums, masterpieces.
Okay, will listen to these albums you recommend to see if I'll understand the concept then ;).

Quote from: Bupie on Sun, 2016-12-11, 00:05:44
I am in the middle of a Nicky's life impersonation since it has been two years now that I am unemployed : I just cautiously swapped Nicky's extreme metal for some 80's hard rock  :D So my first resolution  for 2017 would be to find a part time job.

Oh, that sucks :-\. I hope 2017 will bring you luck!

Quote from: Bupie
The second would be to meet some Roomies in person : some plan for holidays in Australia, anyone ?
I'm afraid not, though Australia seems a wonderful country to me. Really love the nature over there. The birds I kept in an aviary are flying over there ...

Quote from: Bupie
JF Fanfields 2 - A fan's tribute to Toto

Teunis, if you haven't listened to it yet, I strongly recommend  that you give it a try. I got the complete 5 CDs package (FF1, FF2 and FF2 bonus) for less than 40 €. FF2 is a vast improvement over FF1 IMHO and some covers are really breathtaking. Worth the buy !
I'm not into tribute albums, prefer the real stuff. But if it's on Spotify or anywhere else, I'll give it a listen. Thanks for the tip.

pp: Neal Morse Band - The Similitude Of A Dream  8)

Now listening to my weekly radio show.

PH

Hey Teunis, thanks for asking  ;) I am in the middle of a Nicky's life impersonation since it has been two years now that I am unemployed : I just cautiously swapped Nicky's extreme metal for some 80's hard rock  :D So my first resolution  for 2017 would be to find a part time job. The second would be to meet some Roomies in person : some plan for holidays in Australia, anyone ? Other than that, I am preparing for my first summer Christmas, which is rather weird to be honest ...

Good luck to you!! I hope you find a job real soon! I'd really like to meet you (and the other Roomies) some day. I'd love to see Australia one day, but I don't think that will happen soon. When are you coming over to France again?

Just listened to:
The Dear Hunter - "Act V: Hymns With The Devil In Confessional"

A long time ago I listened to an album by this band (I think it was Act II) and liked it. But I was discovering so much new music back then, so I didn't give it much time. Then in 2009 (or so) I listened to "The Color Spectrum" and didn't like it that much, so this band was not on my priority list. But this new album is really good! Maddox pointed it out a few pages back and so I put it on my list of albums to check out.
It reminds me of Beardfish in places and also a bit Major Parkinson (interesting band, that one, guys!).

Now listening to:
Glass Hammer - "Valkyrie"

Yeah I know, it's 6:00 o'clock (not on a Christmas morning), and I'm already listening to a second album today. But I'm at work now, started on 4:30.

Teunis

jp: The Aurora Project - World Of Grey
np: Pain Of Salvation - Remedy Lane

Teunis

jp: Riverside - Out Of Myself
np: Riverside - O2 Panic Room (EP)

Nicky007

I am in the middle of a Nicky's life impersonation since it has been two years now that I am unemployed : I just cautiously swapped Nicky's extreme metal for some 80's hard rock  :D So my first resolution  for 2017 would be to find a part time job.

Thanx, buddy :o ;D

Quote from: Teunis on Sun, 2016-12-11, 21:48:43
Oh, that sucks :-\. I hope 2017 will bring you luck!

Teunis, I take it that you're referring solely to Bupie's unemplyment, else you're fresher than Teunises should be ;D

Bupie, so you actually listened to some hard-edged stuff - what ?

Yeah, since I lost my very steady job at the Danish Environmental Research Institute - 22 years there - in 2002, I've been in and out of odd jobs, and formally unemployed a lotta the time.

But I've kept myself occupied in various ways. Three years ago, and now again for almost a year, I've been working 16 hours a week at the nearby Network House for Refugees and Immigrants, teaching grown-ups Danish and English, and helping kids from immigrant families with their homework.

Now for almost ½ year and continuing I meet every day Mon-Fri at hour 13 with my good friend Jens at the local library where for about an hour we work our way laboriously thru Hegel's Science of Logic - the ultimate test of intellect - and translate it to Danish. The occasion for translating was that Jens told me at a point (a bit within "Etwas und Anderes") that if he should have any chance of understanding what the hell is going on, he'd have to have the text before him in Danish. I have the fortune of having German as my third native language, Danish as second, so if anyone should render such translation, guess it should be me. It actually also forces me to get deeper into Hegel's structure, as I want to get the translation as precise as possible.

I have read parts of the English translation - which I'm not too impressed by - and I expect that there is a French translation too. Anyone here into Hegel's philosophy ? Anyone know about the translations ? Would interest me ....

As you can see, I visit the Room occasionally, and I'll respond to anything that I find interesting - (within) music, philosophy, fun, even Paxi's and Bupsie's nonsense ;D

You guys can take a look at my "Fave groups currently" in my LP, and it would interest me to have your comments on these groups (after at least three listens), and I'm likely to respond then ... ;)

Played:

Revocation:   Great Is Our Sin

The Contortionist:  Language

Two new groups with me, and both quickly pantheon *horns*

Revocation was recommended to me by Amazon on the basis of my interest in Periphery. It's quite different tho, more in the vein of Slayer and Megadeth. Takes time, but develops into a very catchy mood, and some tasty guitar.

Contortionist took a quite different approach with their latest studio album Language, less hard-edged and more varied, atmospheric, contemplative. They mention a great indebtedness to BTBAM, and one can hear that.

- Nicky
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Teunis

Quote from: Nicky007 on Wed, 2016-12-14, 13:22:46
Teunis, I take it that you're referring solely to Bupie's unemplyment, else you're fresher than Teunises should be ;D
Well, Bupie and I have/had a lot in common with our music taste (e.g. Toto, IQ) so now you ask me ... ::). But it wasn't my intention and was only meant for his unemployment indeed :).

jp: Asia -Alpha
np: Frost* - Falling Satellites

Teunis

The Pineapple Thief - Your Wilderness  8)

Teunis

jp: IQ - Ever
np: Camel - Moonmadness

Teunis

jp: Subsignal - The Beacons Of Somewhere Sometime
np: Comedy Of Errors - Spirit

maddox

Opeth ~ Sorceress

Unbelievable. They've done it again!

What a great album this is.  *horns*

PH

Ok, so I was really curious! Today I listened to an album that was to be released back in November, but the release date was pushed back to January and now even February. But there's a leak floating around, and I just couldn't help myself.

Blackfield V

Pretty good! And huge improvement over Blackfield IV. Confidence is back in Blackfield, probably because Steven is too.
I'll definitely will get this!

Teunis

jp: X-Panda - Reflections
np: Kansas - The Prelude Implicit

Teunis

Today:
The Neal Morse Band - The Similitude Of A Dream
The Pineapple Thief - Your Wilderness
Muse - Live At Rome Olympic Stadium

now listening to Dollhouse Rock Radio

Teunis

Monday is not my favourite day of the week (understatement), but today it is different: it's a day off  :). Now listening to:

Ayreon - The Human Equation

PH

Quote from: Teunis on Mon, 2016-12-19, 10:21:53
Monday is not my favourite day of the week (understatement), but today it is different: it's a day off  :).

Nice! For comparison: I was at work at 4:30 in the morning...

Now listening to:

Ayreon - The Human Equation

Good call! Are you also looking forward to the new Ayreon album?
http://www.arjenlucassen.com/ay8/

I was listening to The Dear Hunter - "Act V" again on Spotify. I might have to buy this... It's good stuff.

maddox

Monday is not my favourite day of the week (understatement)

Monday is the best day of the week!

You know why?

Because on monday it takes seven days before it's monday again! Yay!!!  *horns* *ola* ;D

NP> Still Opeth
Still Sorceress.
Still amazing!

maddox

Quote from: PH on Mon, 2016-12-19, 15:18:37

Gee, and I thought I was up early...

I was listening to The Dear Hunter - "Act V" again on Spotify. I might have to buy this... It's good stuff.

8) 8) 8)

Teunis

Phew. At that moment I didn't know that I was alive ;).

Good call! Are you also looking forward to the new Ayreon album?
http://www.arjenlucassen.com/ay8/
Definitely, a great list of musicians and singers is being revealed 8).

Quote from: maddox on Mon, 2016-12-19, 17:11:41
Monday is the best day of the week!

You know why?

Because on monday it takes seven days before it's monday again! Yay!!!  *horns* *ola* ;D
Never looked at it that way. Thanks, makes it lots more bearable :).

pp:
Steve Lukather & Friends - SantaMental
Mystery - Delusion Rain
Riverside - Love, Fear And The Time Machine

np: Opeth - Sorceress

maddox

Yes ~ Big Generator

Ah, my favorite.
The Rabin-era.  *horns*

Teunis

jp: Oak - Lighthouse
np: Von Hertzen Brothers - New Day Rising

Iggy

Quote from: maddox on Mon, 2016-12-19, 20:27:18
Yes ~ Big Generator

Ah, my favorite.
The Rabin-era.  *horns*

::)