News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio!!

Started by maddox, Sun, 2010-05-16, 23:26:04

Previous topic - Next topic

maddox

Quote from: Ronny James Dio homepageMessage from Wendy Dio

Today my heart is broken, Ronnie passed away at 7:45am 16th May. Many, many friends and family were able to say their private good-byes before he peacefully passed away. Ronnie knew how much he was loved by all. We so appreciate the love and support that you have all given us. Please give us a few days of privacy to deal with this terrible loss. Please know he loved you all and his music will live on forever.

- Wendy Dio

I know that this has got nothing to do with Arena or prog whatsoever or is even prog related but this man, RJD is one of the main reasons why I ever became heavy.

As a youngster, discovering music, hardrock or even Heavy Metal bands like Kiss, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden and DIO...
This particular music changed my perspective to music.
Somehow it gave me the energy to be me, it drove me (for me in a positive way though others might disagree) to something good.
Can't really point my finger on it but it felt good:

This was rock, this was pure, this was good!  

Today one of the pylons that carried the House of Music, passed away.  :'(

I knew he was ill, probably like many of you music fans around the globe but I hoped that he could beat this thing.  :-\

Rest in Peace, Ronny. †

Show them up there what true Metal is!

"And as we drift along
I never fail to be astounded
By the things we'll do for promises
And a song..."

Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

funkster

Tragic news

Will be listening to Mob Rules and Devil you know tonight and raising a glass to him  *horns*

Nicky007

:(

With all this understandable focus on Ronnie (Mad, one should try to get people's names right, partly to show them respect, and partly to avoid misleading other people), I also checked him up some more. I found out on Amazon that several people who had bought Priest's Nostradamus also had purchased Dio's Evil Dreams, and then I clicked further and found this Amazon review:

"Dreams, July 20, 2002

By  Dan (Duluth, MN United States)

Released in 1987, *Dream Evil* showcases new guitarist Craig Goldy. This is probably the most melodic of the DIO "solo" albums...an extremely tight production, rich keyboards are plentiful.

I interviewed Ronnie recently and he said that every album he writes and records reflects where he was at, at that stage of his life. This album has several references to "Dreams"...perhaps an acknowledgement to dreams he had then realized having finally made it "on his own" after a successful run with Rainbow & Black Sabbath.

As a lyricist, imagery is Ronnie Dio's strong point...*Dream Evil* is abundant with it...and the music complements those words perfectly.

One of Dio's finest works.

-Dan"

So I added Evil Dreams to my SL.

Anyone here into this album ?

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me