News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Section A - The Seventh Sign

Started by Peter, Fri, 2005-01-28, 07:23:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter

Hi all,

one of the CDs I can't stop listening to since I know them is Section A - The Seventh Sign.
It's a project by Danisch guitarist Torben Enevoldsen, and he invited a few interesting guys to create this awesome album.

Take a look at his website. Unfortunately there are no samples to download, but I can create one for you if you like, which includes a 20s index of all tracks. The music is rather uptempo with many double bass sections and heavy guitar solos, but it also has its calm sections.

Read a review here.
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Peter

Download a preview file here:

It's a preview file containing 20s intros of the tracks from 'The Seventh
Sign'. The format is called 'Ogg Vorbis' (see http://www.vorbis.com),
which is an Open Source, patent free audio compression codec.

You can play it with WinAmp or foobar for example.

Peter

/push

Just as a reminder, I still regard this as brilliant. Maybe I can recommend something to the crowd here, for a change ;)

Peter

oooh, there's a new album released.... need to get it somehow... in may.... [waits....]

Nicky007

Cap, I actually have Section A's Parallel Lives (2006), their second studio album. It's excellent, tho not outstanding imo.

The main person is Torben Enevoldsen, a Dane (either Danish or dänisch ;D ). He's also the most interesting person there, as he plays a mean guitar. I just don't find his composing abilities so great.

Then there are some Swedes and Krauts in the mix.

All in all, a worthwhile album to have in ones progcatalog, but not one I play much  :-\

They'v just finished mastering their third studio album, Sacrifice. It's due in May.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me