News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Machinae Supremacy

Started by Peter, Wed, 2009-09-16, 10:50:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter

Hi folks,

this band I just stumbled over and I cannot NOT post it here, it's just too awesome. Anyone who is into the heavier tones of metal and may also have an addiction for (old) computer games is really going to like them, check them out. Apart from the occasional C64-bleep, which is really an interesting sound effect, they create really good  music.  They have a lot of their older material available online, and they don't seem to mind if people share their stuff on P2P (but remember to buy what you like)...

http://www.machinaesupremacy.com/webography.php
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Manatee

I knew these guys sounded familiar.  I went and checked my "thumbs up" song list on Pandora, and I indeed have heard one (and only one) of their songs: Rise.  As I recall, it's got a good heavy metallic sound to it and yeah, does have a bit of a mechanical feel as well.  It's also kind of funny (at least to me), which I think is intentional.  That's about all I can say about them without hearing more, but I figured your post deserved at least one reply, and I actually had heard them at least a little.
"What is that sound?  It's confusing, and boy is it loud!"