News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

More gigs for 2008

Started by wagner, Fri, 2007-11-16, 16:57:17

Previous topic - Next topic

johninblack

I spent 7 weeks in Reading staying in a hotel when I was 18/19 and I had a great time but that was 25 years ago ;D

Nicky007

John, what the heck did you do to Reading to make it such a shithole ?  ;D

And guys, how come we're abounding in extra e's ? It used to be umlauts, but I guess the vogue now dictates e's  :D

And welcome to new member Gwaihir. Nice to have a fellow Scandinavian. We aint that many here in the Room.

Never heard of Castanarc and Big Big Train. What are they like ?

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

DrMellotron

I've just been looking at the website for the Reading concert hall. It says that the venue is used for "classical music, organ recitals, blues, jazz, folk, acoustic pop & rock, stand-up comedy, and lectures to suite all tastes".
Does this mean that this will be an acoustic gig?
They also have a rather impressive organ in the hall, will Clive be allowed to play?

Nicky007

Rob Sowden is stand-up comedy  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

PH

Quote from: DrMellotron on Sun, 2008-01-06, 17:55:19"classical music, organ recitals, blues, jazz, folk, acoustic pop & rock, stand-up comedy, and lectures to suite all tastes".

I guess it will be a classic, cigar smoking, acoustic folkblues evening in which Rob Sowden will make funny jokes about jazz and rock while lecturing about his organs.

-Paco

bluepony

Quote from: PH on Sun, 2008-01-06, 20:06:13
I guess it will be a classic, cigar smoking, acoustic folkblues evening in which Rob Sowden will make funny jokes about jazz and rock while lecturing about his organs.

-Paco

:D  I must make sure to be there!!  ;)

johninblack

Quote from: Nicky007 on Sun, 2008-01-06, 11:55:17

Just the things your average 19 year old gets up too with a group of about 10 other 18-20 year olds ;D

guig

Quote from: Nicky007 on Sat, 2008-01-05, 13:49:46
Now, that made a helluva lot of sense, Guig  ???

I can guess that you mean "Reading is an absolute shithole", but the last part of the sentence doesnt make sense to me. And when you say such drastic things, you owe it to us to tell us why you dont like Reading  :)

Nicky.

No, the word is correctly "shitehole", it's a Scottish derivation.

I worked in Reading for 3 months living in the Renaissance, Holiday Inn Caversham Bridge and a few other hotels and the place really is a dump, that "town centre" is just a ned-magnet, sorry, chav-magnet. I could go on and on :)

guig

Quote from: PH on Sat, 2008-01-05, 13:56:15
Is it because Reading is the place where John Mitchell lives?

Oops, didn't know that.

And with the second part of the sentence he probably means that "never" is still too soon...

Exactly

Guzzmonster

*ola*

Just a very quick question,the gig in Reading in April,is this an Arena gig or is it going to be one of the Script gigs that Mick is doing in Europe?

If it is an Arena gig,are we going to get to see the Script Tour in the UK?

Cheers

Guzz

wagner

It's an Arena gig in Reading... the Script tour is a completely different project all together...if you need to know about the script project go there.... www.wiventertainment.de

*horns*
La Rose noire!
myspace.com/arenaatverglas

CompanyCroydon

ARENA at The PEEL, I can book that ;D

johninblack

CompanyCroydon

I hope to be at Reading, Clive just has to get in touch for the Peel ;D

Smegal

Quote from: Nicky007 on Sun, 2008-01-06, 11:55:17

He moved there!  ha ha
MY PRECIOUS

GillianW

Hi, just joined this forum but have loved Arena's music for a while.  Over the last few days I've been playing their CD's again quite
a bit and reminding myself how brilliant they are and how spine-tingling the music is.  Anyway, was so pleased to discover that they're
actually playing in the UK this year, even if only 1 date.  Reading's not too far to get to and I've already booked and got seats in Row A
Really look forward to seeing them again - last time was a couple of years ago at Riffs Bar in Swindon, amazing for that wonderful dramatic music to fill such a small venue.   

Crazy Diamond

Quote from: GillianW on Fri, 2008-01-25, 09:12:16
......... was so pleased to discover that they're actually playing in the UK this year, even if only 1 date.  Reading's not too far to get to and I've already booked and got seats in Row A

Have booked my tickets for Reading too, notice from the seating plan that there are still a lot of empty seats, I just hope that enough fans get their act together and go to this gig to ensure a really good atmosphere....

Come on, lets give Arena the support they deserve !!

CD

ironcow2103

Quote from: Crazy Diamond on Fri, 2008-01-25, 14:29:10
notice from the seating plan that there are still a lot of empty seats

I noticed that yesterday, surprised to get two seats in row B! Maybe UK fans are just being a tad slow (like me) but it is a worry - all I can say is go forth and spread the news in other forums (I'm off to the Twelfth Night one now to do that and I would encourage you here to see them at the Peel or Doncaster in May, the reunion gig at Deptford was bloody fantastic)

Steve

ps. TN - keyboard, guitars, drums, vocal, prog - let's stop liking bits of this and not bits of that and support the lot before we have only memories!!

Gollum

Please forgive I come in such a rush, but I need urgent help with tour dates... In Arena's website, the show in Pratteln, Switzerland is said to take place on April 6th... at least in the "click HERE for tour dates". However, in the news page it says it's April 23rd!! :o  I believe this second one is wrong, and it is 06/04/2008 that Script for a Jester's Tour will go to Switzerland, but if anyone knows better please tell me, I have to book a flight today!  :-\
La vergüenza de haber sido y el dolor de ya no ser

Gollum

Err... I tink I'm messing things up, maybe they're going twice in April?  Arena on 6th, Mick & Company on the 23rd? Just tell me that someone is playing on Switzerland the 6th of April and I'm happy :P
La vergüenza de haber sido y el dolor de ya no ser

marcello

I am looking foward to Reading so much, my tickets came today  :D

So John Mitchell is from Reading, never knew that!

I'll be 18 by the time of the Reading concert so I'm rather tempted to Jack Daniels things up a bit  8)
What will I be, When Winter comes again, and were wrapped up in furs, and life has begun again

bluepony

What? Who's drinking Jack Daniel's? Thought that was MY job...  ;)

I won't be in Reading, though, so I guess it's OK if you do that then, Marcello. Cheers!  :D

maddox

Quote from: bluepony on Wed, 2008-02-06, 13:10:42
What? Who's drinking Jack Daniel's? Thought that was MY our job...  ;)

;D
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

bluepony

Well... you're not going to the Reading gig, Maddox, are you?  ::)  ;)

marcello

HAHAHA

Jack Daniels is a way of life
What will I be, When Winter comes again, and were wrapped up in furs, and life has begun again