News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Ever thought about forming a political party? (not for dictators)

Started by PH, Sun, 2007-11-04, 15:56:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicky007

Quote from: bluepony on Tue, 2007-11-06, 16:15:49
Of course I do have an opinion on all that you and Nicky discussed here ....

Hey, come on, Bluey, Paco and I have made fools of ourselves, so you can too. Don't tell me that you're a shy person, because I can heap masses of proof to the opposite effect upon you.

So, I'll help you get goin - just cut and paste:

Hi guys, my name is Bluey, and my opinion is that gays

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Nicky007

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2007-11-06, 15:57:40
Ok, that could be true of course. But sex in commercials (media) for example, you have an opinion on that, right? I mean, it's all over the place!

OK, sometimes I have to push pretty hard to keep the boobs inside the TV-set, but that's just like keepin the beers inside the fridge, so I'v got used to it ....

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

PH

Quote from: Nicky007 on Tue, 2007-11-06, 17:11:07So, I'll help you get goin - just cut and paste:

Hi guys, my name is Bluey, and my opinion is that gays
No, I'd rather have that you (Bluepony) replied to my original post.

Nicky007

Come on, guys, bears go into hibernation when winter approaches, but not humans. Let's see some action here.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

bluepony

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2007-11-06, 20:28:16
No, I'd rather have that you (Bluepony) replied to my original post.

Well... first of all, I don't like rap and hiphop music at all, nor am I into the stuff you usually see on MTV, VIVA etc., this is basically why I stopped watching music television something like ten years ago. (I quite liked MTV when mainland Europe still had the English version of it [especially Ray Cokes and his "Most Wanted" show, I think I was one of his biggest fans, even was in the show once!], but even then about the only things I watched were "Most Wanted" and "Headbangers Ball" - you can see my musical background there I guess... ;D ) So my point is, I don't really know what's going on in all the videos you complained about, Paco, but if it really bothers you that much, there's always that little red switch on your remote control to turn it off!  ;)

Which, of course, isn't a solution for all the - please excuse my language - dumbass kids who are 'glued' to their TV screen every minute of their free time. I fear they wil, just like you said, adopt these rap and hiphop 'stars' as their heroes and their attitude as an admirable way of life. In fact, if you go out on the streets you will certainly find a bunch of I-like-to-wear-my-trousers-below-the-knee's and I-know-my-t-shirt-is-way-too-big-but-it's-supposed-to-be-like-that's, decorated with baseball caps (never worn as it was orignally intended, but backwards and sideways) and 'bling-bling' (fake?) gold necklaces and stuff, talking in something that is hardly recognizable as the German language (well, depending on the country you live in - but I think you know what I mean).

However, I don't think that you can completely ban rap and hiphop - think about it, wasn't it the same when our parents (and Nicky ;D ) were still young and rock'n'roll music came up? The older generations were shocked about the sexual contents of the music and the dance moves and wanted it to be banned because they thought it would 'ruin' their oh-so-pure kids. Seems to be a very similar thing, don't you think...?

I've said it before, "live and let live" is a pretty good philosophy; the problem is that not everybody practises it (like for example the muslim extremists who think it's a great idea to kill innocent people with their bombs, the more the better, just to make sure they get their 72 virgins in paradise - which reminds me of something a German comedian said, "Well, if you get 72 virgins in paradise, that means you can only 'get lucky' 72 times? Because after you've 'used' them, they're not virgins any more. Wow... not much if you consider that paradise is eternity!" *g* - waaaay off topic, but a good laugh!). Yet, I know that not ALL muslims are like that (otherwise there wouldn't be many people left on the earth), but with everything, it's always the 'black sheep' that draw the most attention to themselves.

And again, the same for homosexual people. I don't mind other people's sexual preferences, as this is their private matter; if a man loves another man instead of a woman, fine, who am I to judge? I also don't mind them having their parades - like Nicky said, if you don't like it, don't go to see one, and if you stumble into one, just don't look if it offends you! The Berlin "Love Parade" is also very sexually explicit, and the people there are definitely NOT all homosexual.

I don't think we can walk around censoring everything we personally don't like - there is something like 'freedom of speach' (not to speak of 'freedom of mind') after all!

How's that for a reply?  ;)

Nicky007

Quote from: bluepony on Wed, 2007-11-07, 11:02:12
How's that for a reply?  ;)

Great, Bluey  :) :) :)

Just realised that I'm an Imperator - holy s* - but when I checked up my purse, there wasn't any difference. As far as I know, Imperators are usually payed royally for their efforts. So, Cap, where're the ducats?

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

bluepony

Quote from: Nicky007 on Tue, 2007-11-06, 17:11:07
Hey, come on, Bluey, Paco and I have made fools of ourselves, so you can too. Don't tell me that you're a shy person, because I can heap masses of proof to the opposite effect upon you.
Very shy... *blushing*  ;)

bluepony

Quote from: Nicky007 on Tue, 2007-11-06, 20:30:20
Come on, guys, bears go into hibernation when winter approaches, but not humans. Let's see some action here.

Nicky.
Well, if I had a choice I'd go into hibernation too - stay in a warm cave and sleep for weeks while outside it's cold - yep, sounds like paradise to me!  ;D

bluepony

Quote from: Nicky007 on Wed, 2007-11-07, 11:15:31
Just realised that I'm an Imperator - holy s* - but when I checked up my purse, there wasn't any difference. As far as I know, Imperators are usually payed royally for their efforts. So, Cap, where're the ducats?

Nicky.
No, no, no, this must be a mistake - how can you be an Imperator?!  :o
Well, I guess somebody did some serious post count raising by posting 15 post when it could have been said all in 1... I guess you never mastered the art of 'multi-quoting', Nicky... ;)

bluepony

Oh, and - Imperators are not 'paid' - they take all the gold they can get their hands on!  ;D

PH

Quote from: bluepony on Wed, 2007-11-07, 12:09:20No, no, no, this must be a mistake - how can you be an Imperator?!  :o
Well, I guess somebody did some serious post count raising by posting 15 post when it could have been said all in 1... I guess you never mastered the art of 'multi-quoting', Nicky... ;)

I'm REALLY laughing out loud at the moment! :D :D

Interesting things you mentioned Bluey, I'll reply later on, for now I'm taking a little break from this thread. ;)

-Paco

Nicky007

Quote from: bluepony on Wed, 2007-11-07, 12:05:49
... - yep, sounds like paradise to me!  ;D

With 72 male virgins - let's see, how do we figure that one out .....

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

bluepony

Quote from: PH on Wed, 2007-11-07, 12:18:58

Interesting things you mentioned Bluey, I'll reply later on, for now I'm taking a little break from this thread. ;)

-Paco
OK by me, I'll go for my lunch break in a few minutes as well -> see "Now Eating" thread  ;D

bluepony

Quote from: Nicky007 on Wed, 2007-11-07, 12:20:37
With 72 male virgins - let's see, how do we figure that one out .....

Nicky.
Naah, with 72 chunks of chocolate more like! And one male will do nicely - but not a virgin. ;D

Nicky007

Quote from: bluepony on Wed, 2007-11-07, 12:09:20
... when it could have been said all in 1

And you're of course the best example of that, Bluey  ::)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Nicky007

Quote from: bluepony on Wed, 2007-11-07, 12:23:06
Naah, with 72 chunks of chocolate more like! And one male will do nicely - but not a virgin. ;D

Tell me honestly, Bluey: How would you react if George Clooney invited you out for the evening?

Nicky.

So you've come of age
Sure you can

Nicky007

Quote from: PH on Wed, 2007-11-07, 12:18:58

If you laugh out loud tooo long, Paco, you risk that a gay comes along and .....  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

bluepony

bluepony

Quote from: Nicky007 on Wed, 2007-11-07, 12:27:30
Tell me honestly, Bluey: How would you react if George Clooney invited you out for the evening?

Nicky.
Honestly: That would be OK, as long as he pays for everything and I don't have to drink Martini. And he would have to leave his pet-pig at home! But I wouldn't faint or something... and I certaily wouldn't found a "Let's worship George"-Party!!  ;)

Peter

sorry, OT:

Quoteespecially Ray Cokes and his "Most Wanted" show

now, that's just sooo great... we liked to lovingly call him Roy Cakes from time to time :)

he, and Paul King, and Steve Blame, they were my absolute heroes at that time...

*sniff*.... I want to go back... have I said that before?.-... think so...*sigh*
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Nicky007

So you've come of age
Sure you can

Peter

Well, all the great New Romantic stuff, Human League, Heaven 17, Duran Duran, Ultravox, Depeche Mode, Tears for Fears, Howard Jones, and the likes...
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

bluepony

Quote from: Peter on Thu, 2007-11-08, 18:30:59
now, that's just sooo great... we liked to lovingly call him Roy Cakes from time to time :)

he, and Paul King, and Steve Blame, they were my absolute heroes at that time...

*sniff*.... I want to go back... have I said that before?.-... think so...*sigh*
Cap, I think we should meet one day for a "Let's praise Ray & Co." evening - I have the show recorded on video (well, the two shows where I was actually there - live - in the studio or at their 'outside show' in Cologne respectively) - I'll bring some salt & vinegar crisps from the UK to make it more authentic, but you have to do Steve's 'bath in the beans'!  ;)

bluepony

Quote from: Nicky007 on Thu, 2007-11-08, 18:37:37
What was the best music they dished out?

Nicky.
Well, the concept of the show was that you could request your favourite songs/videos and they played it for you, no matter how old the stuff was (as compared to the MTV chart stuff that was on heavy rotation all day long) - so of course they played only the best!  :)

Nicky007

Quote from: Peter on Fri, 2007-11-09, 09:13:06
Well, all the great New Romantic stuff, Human League, Heaven 17, Duran Duran, Ultravox, Depeche Mode, Tears for Fears, Howard Jones, and the likes...

Any of it listenable today? - y'know, after Arena, (the great  :D ) Dream Theater, etc.

I missed that whole period, cause I had my head in the books of the great Rudolf Steiner during those years, and antros sure didn't go for rock - so (pronounced with a resounding Z) Ahrimanisch.

Well, had some other great experiences, no complainin here  *horns*

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can