News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

How do you feel right now?

Started by Appelmoes??, Wed, 2005-10-26, 20:39:46

Previous topic - Next topic

PH

I'm back from our holiday in the Lake District, England. Man what a lovely place it is!

Quote from: Teunis on Thu, 2014-08-07, 19:21:50
Ah, you've found a place with wifi ;).

Our whole holiday has been some sort of "Quest for Wifi". Well, not really, we've not been THAT obsessive. But when someone's found a free wifi spot, we were all trying to get our email and facebook stuff.
Other than that, it has been really nice: two weeks of internet absence. It makes you think of how dependant we actually are. "I'll look it up for you, oh wait a minute, there's no internet..." haha!

Quote from: Teunis on Thu, 2014-08-07, 19:21:50
Nice, enjoy (the rest of) your holidays. I'll have to work next week and then I'll have 3 weeks of holidays 8).

You've got it all ahead of you! Next friday I have to work again....

Quote from: maddox on Sun, 2014-08-10, 17:55:58
I feel pretty good.
Bought a new car two weeks ago and it drives great!

8) what car is it?

maddox

Quote from: PH on Mon, 2014-08-11, 17:22:11
8) what car is it?

We're in a French mode:

We bought a Citroën C5. :)

Never drove such a comfortable car before, a real treat to drive in.
Yep, I'm happy.  ;D
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Teunis

Yay, holidays for three weeks 8) *horns*. Means I'm feeling great ;).
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

Bupie

Quote from: maddox on Mon, 2014-08-11, 21:55:20
We're in a French mode:

We bought a Citroën C5. :)

Never drove such a comfortable car before, a real treat to drive in.
Yep, I'm happy.  ;D
I have a Citroën C4 Grand Picasso myself ... but I have no merit since I am French  ;) The Citroën are known for their comfort, amongst other qualities.

We recently bought an old Honda Odyssey (a proggy name, isn't it ?) but it's another story that I will tell later.

Ho, and how do I feel ? I feel good to be back, as you may have noticed  :)

funkster

Starting to get very nervous

My eldest , James , who is 11 next year (a bit older then he was in the striped jumper in my picture  :D sits the 11+ in 2 weeks.

If he passes then he goes to grammar school this time next year.   

The Butterfly Man

Well, obviously I wasn't more active since I vowed to try and be a bit more active back in February but real life got in the way... somewhat.  ;D

In April I became the father of a beautiful daughter called Isa. The first week after she was born was a bit difficult with her having to stay in the hospital for 6 days. That was pretty stressful. And then on my first Father's Day in June she had to be hospitalised again, now for 5 days, because she had suffered a urinary tract infection. But now she's almost 5 months old and she is doing great. She's laughing a lot and she seems to be a very happy baby most of the time.

I never imagined I would say this but I'm the king in changing diapers!  :P

Needless to say my life has turned upside down since Isa was born. But I love it and I cherish every minute, together with my wife. We're a family now! :) :) :)

Tom

There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

maddox

Family is good.  8)

Glad to hear that everything's doing okay, Tom.
Father-ship/parenthood can be stressful but rewarding as well.

Great that you took over that Diaper-king award.

It needed a change of scenery.  :P

Nicky007

Tom, Gratz with you daughter and that things evolved so well for her :)

Yeah, changing diapers is shitty ;D

Hopefully all this family life won't emasculate your musical balls ;)

- Nicky
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Teunis

Congrats Tom and enjoy!

Unfortunately my holliday is over, wish I could turn back the clock three weeks. But okay: my dad always said: 'be grateful for having a job' and he was right, especially nowadays. Mixed feelings at the moment though ;).

funkster

Proud

James , my eldest , was 11 yesterday and we played golf monday night and he got his first ever par.

Iggy

Quote from: funkster on Wed, 2014-09-10, 11:46:24
Proud

James , my eldest , was 11 yesterday and we played golf monday night and he got his first ever par.

Awesome. You must be very proud.

Have you shot any pars?  :)

Iggy

I have had the worst summer in living memory.

Not disasterous but bloody hard work. I appologise to those who are unemployed but I have worked 6 months time over the last 4 months I have even been working whilst off sick. Which meant I was even less good company than normal.

So appologies for my absence.

Teunis

Don't worry Iggy. We all are sometimes away for short or longer time ;). Hope your life is more balanced by now.

Draco chimera

Kind of tired. I somehow woke up two weeks ago with half of my face paralyzed and had to spend a week in hospital. I've been taking meds since which have some side effects and I had to start a week late at my new uni. I can move my  lips in an approximately normal way now, but my eye won't close properly. Doc said it would diappear completely within a few months without any lifelong physical damage. It's far from catastrophic, but I could've gone for a quieter beginning of my year here.
Let your conscience decide !

Bupie

Quote from: Draco chimera on Sun, 2014-09-14, 18:29:43
I could've gone for a quieter beginning of my year here.
Indeed. I wish you a good and quick recovery !

maddox

Just when you think it couldn't possibly get worse, you find there's a basement hidden underneath.

How I feel?
Sad, angry, mostly angry, unjustified and oh... there he is; angry.  >:(

Draco chimera

Feeling amused. I recently signed up for The Killers' official forum Sweet Talk, and it turns out there's a Pendie fan there who listed MWCM as one of his favorite albums for this year.  ;D I can't wait to hear it, but it will have to wait until the end of the week when all my exams are over.

Teunis

Quote from: Draco chimera on Tue, 2014-12-09, 22:10:01
Feeling amused. I recently signed up for The Killers' official forum Sweet Talk, and it turns out there's a Pendie fan there who listed MWCM as one of his favorite albums for this year.  ;D I can't wait to hear it, but it will have to wait until the end of the week when all my exams are over.
Good luck with your exams! And you'll dig MWCM, don't worry ;).

maddox

Good story!
You wouldn't expect that to happen on a The Killers forum. Nice.  *horns*

I'm feeling better.
Me and my wife had a 'terrific' weekend (not!), feeling ill and all but my kids seemed to wander right through the ordeal.
Well, again... not!!
Both son and daughter are feeling quite sick at the moment.
It's sick bay in mad's quarters. lol

The Butterfly Man

"Somebody told me you had a boyfriend
Who looked like a girlfriend
That I had in February of last year
It's not confidential, and I've got potential
Rushing, rushing around"

True poets these guys. ;D But seriously, the music is nice.  :)

BTW how are you doing Draco after you posted about your half-paralyzed face a few months ago?

Tom

Draco chimera

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Wed, 2014-12-10, 15:55:20
"Somebody told me you had a boyfriend
Who looked like a girlfriend
That I had in February of last year
It's not confidential, and I've got potential
Rushing, rushing around"

True poets these guys. ;D But seriously, the music is nice.  :)

BTW how are you doing Draco after you posted about your half-paralyzed face a few months ago?

Tom

Haha yeah!  :D There's also Mr. Brightside, which has the same verse twice because Brandon Flowers was procrastinating. Yet they somehow landed Wembley last year. And people say I won't get anywhere if I keep on procrastinating.
Seriously though, the music is nice, and the writing has got a lot better.  ;)

Doing much better, thanks for asking! Well ok, it did not actually go out like that. Long story short, everything was almost back to normal, next thing I know the other half of my face ends up paralyzed (about a month later). It wasn't nearly as bad as the first time though, had to spend yet another week in hospital and get tested for various possible diseases, but since they found nothing they say it's "a frigore" (i.e. no apparent causes other than your own body messing with you for fun  ;D).
My lips are still a bit paralyzed I believe; I think the right side doesn't respond as well as it used to. I'll probably mention it to my doctor next time I see him. Had some other health problems since, but they're only minor and unrelated.

maddox

Teunis

Fit after my 7 kilometres run. Many calories had to be burned ;) ;D.

The Butterfly Man

Sick to my stomach. Just saw a video on Facebook of the Charlie Hebdo shooting in Paris where a policeman - already lying on the ground - was shot through the head by one of the terrorists.

"Would you want to have kids growing up into what's left of this?" (Steve Hogarth, Marillion)

Tom

Bupie

Yes, our whole country is in a state of shock.

One of the victims had published a premonitory drawing in today's issue of Charlie Hebdo : http://www.zinfos974.com/Charlie-Hebdo-Le-terrible-dessin-premonitoire-de-Charb_a79993.html

Translation :

- "Still no attack in France"
- "Wait, we have until the end of January to send our best wishes ..."