News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

How do you feel right now?

Started by Appelmoes??, Wed, 2005-10-26, 20:39:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Iggy

I feel good. I was working from home today and I have just logged off  ;D

No more work till Wednesday  *horns*  and it is usually quiet in the office between Xmas and New year which is great.

PH

Hi! I feel alright! ;)
Tomorrow we (my dad, my two brothers and one girlfriend (not mine, unfortunately)) are going away for one week! ;D

PH

I don't feel so great...
Parents-in-law trouble... That sucks! :P

PH

Today has been a very busy day.
I woke up this morning and got a phone call from my girlfriend. She was not feeling well. She was on her way to school, but felt a very painful pang in her belly. She more or less stranded at Utrecht train station and couldn't walk anymore, because of the pain. Ambulance personnel was already there and they told her to see the midwife. So she was brought to Amersfoort with a taxi (thanks to Dutch Railways who funded this!). My dad and I picked her up and we went to the midwife.

Luckily there was nothing wrong with the baby, but still my girlfriend was in great pain. So we went to the GP, who couldn't find anything, so in the end we went to the hospital, where they did multiple test (blood samples, ultrasonic examinations).
In the hospital there was still nothing to see. No cystitis, no appendicitis. It all seemed to be ok. But still, my girlfriend felt pain.

Needless to say that we are a bit worried. Although we are of course glad that everything seems to be fine with the baby. Tomorrow morning we go back to the hospital for a check and perhaps an MRI scan.

As if things weren't difficult enough already... ;)

Manatee

"What is that sound?  It's confusing, and boy is it loud!"

Draco chimera

Quote from: Manatee on Wed, 2012-01-25, 08:36:38
I hope she's OK, Paco.
So do I. Glad the baby's ok! Keep us in touch about that.
Let your conscience decide !

Nicky007

Yeah, all the best, Paxi  :)

I got a call from my old friend, the Head of Service at the Experimentarium:  He asked if I wanted to work there for all of February. They want to polish things up for the opening of their brand new exhibition Waterland. As I had nothing else in the offing, I said yes.

It's nice to know that one's work has been appreciated, and get called back  :)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

tired_of_dancing

Wow good news indeed... and Waterland exhibition - sounds interesting to me.
I'll soon see Tutenchamun or whatever he is called in Frankfurt.

And yes, I hope, that Paxi will log in soon and tells that everything went well.
'I can do anything, I'm still the child.'

Nicky007

Quote from: tired_of_dancing on Wed, 2012-01-25, 15:49:42
and Waterland exhibition - sounds interesting to me.

Yeah, I'm pretty curious. I worked at X from Jan 3 to Dec 9, 2011, and from the summer on they were building up Waterland. I was told that there'l be a surfboard one can ride on, which will be just like being in the waves off Hawaii  8)

I'll soon see Tutenchamun or whatever he is called

Yeah, somethin like that  ;D

But don't expect him to answer your questions, Toddy; he stopped talkin some thousands of years ago  :D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Teunis

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2012-01-24, 23:35:50
Needless to say that we are a bit worried. Although we are of course glad that everything seems to be fine with the baby. Tomorrow morning we go back to the hospital for a check and perhaps an MRI scan.
Any news? Hope all is okay with girlfriend, baby and you.

Quote from: Nicky007 on Wed, 2012-01-25, 15:31:54
I got a call from my old friend, the Head of Service at the Experimentarium:  He asked if I wanted to work there for all of February. They want to polish things up for the opening of their brand new exhibition Waterland. As I had nothing else in the offing, I said yes.

It's nice to know that one's work has been appreciated, and get called back  :)
8). Hope it's a good start for more work Nicky.
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

PH

Hey Nicky, well done on the new job! Good luck with it! :)

Thanks to all of you, for the kind words. My girlfriend ('girlfriend' somehow still sounds more human than 'fiancée' ;) ) and I were back in the hospital yesterday, because she had to come back for a check.

Right from the moment we got there, she started to vomit, very badly... So, again a few blood samples and urine samples were taken. It all was ok. There was nothing wrong. A doctor felt my girlfriend's belly and couldn't feel anything wrong either. So the doctor said: "Here are some painkillers, good luck with it, bye!" But as soon as my girlfriend tried to walk she vomitted again and had a terrible pain in her belly, she literally couldn't walk because the pain was unbearable. I got a bit 'angry' because they wanted to send her away a bit too soon, for my liking. Fortunately they agreed to check further as soon as they realised how bad it actually was.

So we were sent to the gynecologist to confirm that everything was OK with the baby, and to check whether there are any complications in the uterus area. It was all OK again, which is nice of course, but what the hell is wrong then?!

My girlfriend's temperature was rising, and because she couldn't hold any food or drink, they wanted her to stay over in the hospital.

Today, more or less the same thing all over, blood samples, urine tests, ultrasonic examinations, etc. etc. etc. They are breaking their heads about what could be wrong. There's nothing to be found, but infection values are high. She is under control and she has an intravenous drip placed next to her bed to avoid dehydration. Blood pressure is low, but not 'too low', temperature is jumping between 36,3 and 38,6.

So.... Probably a busy day tomorrow. ;)

Draco chimera

Whoah, lot of medical mystery goin' on about this  ;D
You and your girlfriend must be really tired. Both of you, hold on!! Let's cross our fingers and hope that the docs will find something to make her feel better.  *horns*

I feel okay right now. I'm in the middle of exams for this semester, and as the most important part of it is past, I don't do much of my days. Which is good, 'cause the revisions really were exhausting. I may be spending the next week with a friend to do some music - can't wait for it to happen.  *horns*

Congrats Nicky ! Glad to hear you have a job  :)

Nicky007

Quote from: PH on Fri, 2012-01-27, 00:30:49
Hey Nicky, well done on the new job! Good luck with it! :)

Thanx, Paxi  :)

I like the place and the people there, but I think that you guys can understand that in the long run I'd like to do something a bit more intellectually stimulating than cleaning and guarding  ;)

'girlfriend' somehow still sounds more human than 'fiancée'

"My girlfriend" sounds a bit impersonal, and on repetition, ponderous  ;)

I call mine Ms 007. I find that more personal and droll  :)

Right from the moment we got there, she started to vomit

You know, Paxi, altho it's very unpleasant, I hear that quite often, that the first three months of the first pregnancy can be like that. So there probably is nothing unusual about her condition. So pull thru with it, and be at her side as much as possible during this difficult period  ;)

Quote from: Draco chimera on Fri, 2012-01-27, 12:12:07
Congrats Nicky ! Glad to hear you have a job  :)

Thanx to you too, Draco  :)

I'm always amazed that you at 18 can be so mature, and even more that you as a French teenager are so good at English  8)

Frenchies are usually so closed to the outer world (outside France). But hopefully that is changing.

Proggie Frenchies seem much more open, and you got some pretty smashing progbands now, e.g. Adagio, Gojira, Deathspell Omega, and Spheric Universe Experience  8)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Bupie

I feel ready to be cold.

Outside, temperature is about - 8° and the wind speed is about 70 km/h. So I think it is the right time to go on my balcony to do this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhopMSjt_Es&feature=context&context=C3e68a97UDOEgsToPDskLK0B5lSaSAqcYu-OdYlEHo  ;D

But in the meantime I will listen to that http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebirth_(Angra_album) and I sure it will help  *horns*

maddox

I feel refurbished.

Well, ... the pc that is.
Last Friday it began to show signs of deterioration so I had to bring it to the pc-repairman and he did an excellent job, I'd say.
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

debsss

I feel just great!!!
Last Saterday I finally got my Ticket for Rock Ittervoort for Arena. Took 2 weeks since payment, but it did arrive!!!  *horns*
For the last 6 weeks I haven't had a sad moment at all! Just feeling great! I swore 2012 should be my year, and so far it still is! Hope it stays this way  ;D

PH

I feel alright!

Yesterday I upgraded my mobile phone from this:

into this:

And I'm liking it. ;D
Especially since I didn't pay a penny for it. Gotta love those 'big spender' collegues who buy new phones each year!

aswas

Happy, relieved, and glad to be with my friends.
don't fly... too close to the sun

Nicky007

Quote from: aswas on Sun, 2012-02-26, 03:25:23
Happy, relieved, and glad to be with my friends.

Glad to touch base with you, old friend  :)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Draco chimera

Quote from: Nicky007 on Fri, 2012-01-27, 12:12:50
Thanx to you too, Draco  :)

I'm always amazed that you at 18 can be so mature, and even more that you as a French teenager are so good at English  8)

Frenchies are usually so closed to the outer world (outside France). But hopefully that is changing.

Proggie Frenchies seem much more open, and you got some pretty smashing progbands now, e.g. Adagio, Gojira, Deathspell Omega, and Spheric Universe Experience  8)

Nicky.
Thanks for these kind words. Yeah, many Frenchies are quite closed to the outer world, but I believe -hopefully- that the new generations and those to come will make this better. I see more and more people around who think of travelling, meeting new people, and who are more tolerant and curious about what lies beyond our borders. There are still lots of improvements to do, but I'm sure we can get this right.  :)

Right now I feel good. I have a week of vacation that's just starting. Yesterday I was with a friend, and we took a guitar, and said "ok, now let's write something out of nothing". Thing is, it actually worked really well, and we spent the rest of the evening composing something totally new. It is far from finished, but what we wrote sounds good and like nothing we did before. Holidays are starting the best way ever  8)

Bupie

I feel on the top of the French Football league for the first time in my life. I was born in Montpellier and have been a supporter of their football team for ages and they have never ranked so high nor played so well in their history nor mine. It's a bit weird, as if the Mars Volta ranked first in the charts ...  :)

Iggy

Tired.

I was at my Auntie's funeral yesterday after driving from London to Liverpool (to pick my parents up) then to Taunton which is about 450 miles. Drove back today.

My Auntie was 91 and not well so it was not a great shock when she passed. What was nice was there were about 60 people at the service to celebrate her life.

Draco chimera

Quote from: Iggy on Wed, 2012-03-14, 18:33:23
Tired.

I was at my Auntie's funeral yesterday after driving from London to Liverpool (to pick my parents up) then to Taunton which is about 450 miles. Drove back today.

My Auntie was 91 and not well so it was not a great shock when she passed. What was nice was there were about 60 people at the service to celebrate her life.
That's always sad to hear. But I think you take things the right way: celebrate her life is the best thing you can do. Along with taking some deserved rest  :)

Teunis

Great. Just one day to work and then ... 2 weeks of holidays. Germany again, the land of the delicious beer 8). I'll be in Germany when Holland faces Germany (Euro 2012 football) ::).
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

PH

Quote from: Teunis on Wed, 2012-05-30, 20:35:17
Great. Just one day to work and then ... 2 weeks of holidays. Germany again, the land of the delicious beer 8). I'll be in Germany when Holland faces Germany (Euro 2012 football) ::).

Enjoy it! 8)

I just had a long weekend: Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. Had to work today, but tomorrow is another day off for me!
So I feel good too! :)