News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

How do you feel right now?

Started by Appelmoes??, Wed, 2005-10-26, 20:39:46

Previous topic - Next topic

maddox

Quote from: maddox on Sat, 2011-04-09, 15:08:16

On topic though...

I feel good because I will be seeing Roger Waters in a few hours!  *horns*

Lets tear down The Wall!!!!  *horns* *horns* *horns* *horns* *horns*

And man; Did I see an Awesome show!!!  *horns*

If any of you have the opportunity to see the show of Roger and The Wall, go for it because it's worth the money!
Made a few (ahum understatement) videoshots and lots of pictures, will post some of it later on if you're interested. ;)
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Iggy

Quote from: maddox on Sun, 2011-04-10, 11:44:01
And man; Did I see an Awesome show!!!  *horns*

If any of you have the opportunity to see the show of Roger and The Wall, go for it because it's worth the money!
Made a few (ahum understatement) videoshots and lots of pictures, will post some of it later on if you're interested. ;)

I enjoyed the clips from your phone. It looks like the show has been updated a bit since 81!

Iggy

Not very well I seem to have picked up an infection which gives me the appearance of having Mumps and the pain of having Mumps but without actually having Mumps.

Nicky007

Quote from: maddox on Sun, 2011-04-10, 11:44:01
And man, did I see an Awesome show!!!  *horns*  ... will post some of it later on if you're interested. ;)

8)  Mad.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

PH

Not happy.
My little brother and dad have a day off from school and work. My grandparents and a friend from Belgium are here. And now they are going out for a walk.
And I am at home... doing homework stuff...
Bah. >:(

maddox

I feel a bit better than yesterday and the day before.

After fourteen years of loyal friendship, our cat Smokey has rejoined his brother on other plains.
It was sudden actually, from one day to another he became sick and we had to let him go last Monday.

I still feel sad, mainly because he was my 'buddy'...

I'll miss him. :(

Iggy

Quote from: maddox on Wed, 2011-04-13, 22:30:44
I feel a bit better than yesterday and the day before.

After fourteen years of loyal friendship, our cat Smokey has rejoined his brother on other plains.
It was sudden actually, from one day to another he became sick and we had to let him go last Monday.

I'll miss him. :(

That is really sad.

Nicky007

Quote from: maddox on Wed, 2011-04-13, 22:30:44

He'l be together with my Pusle, and they'l be chasing ethereal mice  :)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

PH

Well, a month has passed since my last comment in this topic, but it feels like I had written that a week ago or something.
Why is time going so fast. I don't like it. I need time to reflect on things, but I gotta keep going... Sometimes I feel like I don't belong in this fast society filled with people who are doing fine.

Now I have to write an article about goosebumps. It has to be around 3000 words and it must be from a biologic point of view. It should be my own words, but I have to back it up with reliable sources. I must show the result in one week from now. And I have exactly 80 words now...

Apart from that I also need to do a research on the behaviour of ducks. I have to study them three days in a contiguous four hours each day. I have to write down what I think is extraordinary about them. I have to write an article about that too. Three weeks for that.

Then I have a schoolproject. I must use a virtual learning environment and fill it with stuff that pupils can use to learn about biology. At the end of June this must be ready.

In between, I have two days, tuesday and friday, on which I teach biology at a school. On monday, tuesday night, wednesday and sometimes thursday I follow courses at school myself.

How do I feel right now?
I feel like I'm going mad!
RRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Nicky007

8) Paxi.

I bought a ticket to Copenhell, June 17 & 18  *horns*

600 DKr, about 100 Euros, amazingly cheap, that's what one would pay for just one concert with a group like Priest.

Guess the organisers expect to get their monetos home with the beers.

I'm really lookin forward to the festival, particularly Priest, of course, but also Korn and Opeth. I have a dvd with Korn live, and they'r real amazin live, have an extraordinary contact with their audience  8)

Then there are some ten groups that I don't know well. I'l let myself be surprised.

What's also nice is that I'm meetin up with friends who are just as passionate about metal as I, tho not so much proggy  :)

The work at the Experimentarium is goin well. I'm still doin basically unskilled work, but I have nice and fun colleagues, and I can see the purpose of my work: contributing to giving kids a fulfilling and educational experience, which makes them curious to learn more. My job as Bodyguard also gives me the opportunity to talk with a lotta people of all ages and types  8)

- and I guess I'm not the entirely introverted quiet type  ;D

I havent yet found anyone at X who's much into prog, but X-Erik, just like Room-Erik, is into King Crimson, and we'v been sharin KC-cd's, and I got to know Black Grape, a lively Manchester funk-rock band, and Bad English and Frederiksen/Phillips, regular but hard-rockin hardrock/metal bands, and at last got around to listenin to Tim Buckley, Jeff's dad, who's also  8)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Bupie

Quote from: Nicky007 on Sat, 2011-05-14, 18:50:16
I havent yet found anyone at X who's much into prog, but X-Erik, just like Room-Erik, is into King Crimson, and we'v been sharin KC-cd's, and I got to know Black Grape, a lively Manchester funk-rock band, and Bad English and Frederiksen/Phillips, regular but hard-rockin hardrock/metal bands, and at last got around to listenin to Tim Buckley, Jeff's dad, who's also  8)
Fergie Frederiksen was Toto's vocalist on the Isolation album, which is of course very good and has an hard rock edge that is not to be found on the previous (and famous) Toto IV neither on the following Fahrenheit. Recommended  ;)

NP Enchant - Tug of War

bellanova

Buzzing after a brilliant it Bites gig last night. Had a fab time and a hug off Mr Mitchell! 8)

PH

A bit better than last week (last week already?).
Still a bit stressed. Every time I'm taking a bit time off to relax, I feel guilty.
But, I need to relax right? It's part of life? Or am I wrong? Please tell me, 'cause I don't know anymore.

PH

I still don't feel great, but it's ok.

But I think next year will not be my graduation year... I just hope I can pay the penalty for being a longtime student... :(

maddox

How do I feel?

Well, I've just won a cd so pretty good actually. ;)

PH

Quote from: maddox on Tue, 2011-05-24, 17:24:37
How do I feel?

Well, I've just won a cd so pretty good actually. ;)

Guus Meeuwis? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Or has Jan Smit a new album already? ;) ;) ;)
You are his biggest fan, right? Or was it the other way round?

maddox

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2011-05-24, 19:10:05
Guus Meeuwis? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Or has Jan Smit a new album already? ;) ;) ;)
You are his biggest fan, right? Or was it the other way round?

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

PH

Nicky007

Violated: I was at Copenhagen Main Station yesterday evening, on my way to Malmö, at the ticket automat. There werent many people around, so I didnt feel that I had to be extra careful. Guess at 22:00 I was a bit tired too. I did see a suspicious looking guy 5 m away standing along the wall, but thought no more of it. I didnt think anything would happen to me - typical, I guess  ::)

I had my travel bag on the floor, and took off my backpack to get my discount card out. I made a mistake whilst punching in info, got refused by the machine, and had to go back to an earlier stage. So this time I paid more attention. Everything worked well, and I got my ticket.

I reached out to take my backpack, but ... it was gone, totally gone  :o

A second of getting myself together, and then I ran in several directions ... but no sign of either backpack or thieves. Of course the guy along the wall was gone too.

I had my Nokia phone in the backpack, a 6700 classic, fortunately not an advanced phone. I had gotten it as part of my recent subscription, so I didnt feel I had actually paid extra for it, but still. I'l probably have to continue paying for the subscription.

And all my keys, to my own home, to Ms 007, to my Mom, and my work keys. Plus my phone & address book, calender, a nice perfume from Ms 007, and three fine cd's. Fortunately no cash, and no credit cards.

I went over to the local police station. They were just in the midst of a personel shift, and werent very helpful. However, they assured me that these types of thieves usually didnt go far from the station to break into people's homes.

So I decided to travel on to Ms 007 in Malmö. On arrival, I closed down my phone account. Next day I phoned in a police report. This guy at the the police station was fortunately very forthcoming, and we got things down in detail.

Man, what a mess !  And what a miserable feeling of violation  >:( :(

Well, I'm OK now again. There are just quite a lotta practical things that gotta be done .....

Any of you guys had a similar experience ?

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Iggy

That is awful Nicky. There are some nasty people out there.

To answer the general question I haven't been robbed but I was beaten up rather badly when I was in my teens and in the right place at the wrong time.

bellanova

Sorry to hear that Nicky but at least you are ok. Horrible people around.  When I was a teenager, I came back from holiday to find our house had been burgled. They only took a few items of cheap jewellry but made a mess of the house having opened and tipped out drawers of stuff. Its the feeling of violation that was worse than what had been taken. The police thought it was a gang of kids as a neighbour had heard lots of footsteps running up and down stairs. I've also had a purse stolen from a nightclub but i got it back. Empty of course!!

Teunis

It sucks Nicky, always makes me angry. Let those idiots look for a job instead of robbing other people  >:(. Fortunately I've never experienced it.
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

PH

That's a terrible experience Nicky! Never happened to me fortunately. I hope you can get things back on track without too much of a hassle...

The pain in my back returned! From what I hear around me, and what I read on the internet it might be a hernia... :(
But I'm far too young for a hernia...
Man, that would be a real problem... :-\

Bupie

The problem is that you are very mature for your age  :)

@ Nicky : sorry to read your misadventure, I know that it can be very frustrating and disturbing. When it happened to me, I tried to react positively by thinking that I still prefer to be the robbed nice guy than the thieve ...

maddox

@Nicky: Man!

That Sucks!
Big time!

I get really angry when I hear about these things.
People should leave their hands from the properties of others, that's pretty much the first thing I teach my children.
Respect comes along with that.

I'm really oblivious to why people would do these kind of things.  :-\
Sometimes, the world is a sad place.