News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

How do you feel right now?

Started by Appelmoes??, Wed, 2005-10-26, 20:39:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Bupie

Are you the only one disturbed by the noise ? Can't the other neighbours help you to solve the problem ?  ???

Nicky007

Bella, what sort of people are they ?

What sort of music do they listen to ?

Maybe we can come with some suggestions. Guys  ;)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

bellanova

Ive never seen the people as they are in the next block but their main room is next to mine and then there is a landing between them and their other neighbour. I dont know who is below them.They play all sorts but mainly r n' b, drum and bass and other stuff like Michael Jackson. Its hip hop at the moment i think. I complained to the Housing Trust yesterday and they are sending them a letter as no loud noise is a condition on our tenancyagreement. I was also told to get in touch with the councils noise abatement department too and keep a diary of the times it is happening.. The walls are really thin in these apartments and a little noise is expected but not when it intrudes on my life.

PH

That sounds not so good...

Quote from: bellanova on Tue, 2010-10-19, 17:11:06Ive trie banging on the wall and shouting for them to turn it down but they wont. Ive tried covering up the sound with Dream Theater

Have you also tried talking to them?

I know what you're going through. I've also had neighbours like that for more than ten years. It was really awful. Apart from their loud music, they we're also very much like terrorist actually. Kicking against our front door, their children beating us up, etc. We had a very hard time there. And when we finally moved out to another place, they hung out the flag.

At the moment I feel alright. I had a bit of a problem with my wisdom teeth. I have all four of them, but lately they began to hurt. So the dentist already removed one of them, but now there's another one inflamed. And as if that wasn't enough already, I now also have an inflamed taste bud. That hurts like hell. I can't eat in a normal way...

Nicky007

Quote from: PH on Thu, 2010-10-21, 23:18:08
Have you also tried talking to them?

Great idea, Paxi. I'm sure that never occurred to Bella  ;D

their children beating us up

That was my kids. You deserved it, Paxi  ;D

... my wisdom teeth. I have all four of them ...

I didnt know there was anything left  ;D

Great to seeya, Paxi  :)

Tough shit with your teeth  :(

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

bellanova

Thanks guys. Id rather  the neighbours dont know who i am or what i look like for fear of repercussions. I live alone and its a guy that plays the music. So i dont want a confrontation. Hopefully a warning from the housing trust will help. Maybe they dont realise how loud it actually is but the walls here are so thin.

Iggy

Quote from: bellanova on Fri, 2010-10-22, 15:08:43
Thanks guys. Id rather  the neighbours dont know who i am or what i look like for fear of repercussions. I live alone and its a guy that plays the music. So i dont want a confrontation. Hopefully a warning from the housing trust will help. Maybe they dont realise how loud it actually is but the walls here are so thin.

Any joy yet?

My new neighbours have not moved in yet but the builders have.  So far so good as they seem relatively quiet and don't work late.

maddox

Quote from: bellanova on Fri, 2010-10-22, 15:08:43

Sounds like you live in a tough neighbourhood!
I personally don't see why you can't say anything about it, but if the only way is through the housing trust than go for it.

Nobody lives alone on this surface. Everybody has to respect others privacy.
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

bellanova

Things have been a little better. only two bad days in a week rather than it being every day. I just have to write down when it happens for two weeks and then send off the results to the housing trust. I dont live in a bad neighbourhood but being in london means that most people keep themselves to themselves. I think the guys next door may be working now as i hardly hear anything in the daytime in the week.

funkster

Bruised my ribs 2 weeks ago playing footy and then played again last weekend which has set back my recovery  :-[ so i have been feeling a bit sore.

However my eldest , James , was man of the match for his team last week so feeling proud of him  ;D 

maddox

I feel great!!!

I finally met Teunis!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Teunis

Quote from: maddox on Sun, 2010-11-14, 20:49:55
I feel great!!!

I finally met Teunis!  ;D ;D ;D ;D
LOL, the pleasure was totally mine. Next time we'll have a beer  ;).
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

debsss

I feel a little sad and still angry with myself.....!!!
How stupid of us to miss the first half hour from the gig....
Also I pitty it not knowing the dutch guys who where there last Saturday....
Hopefully next september I have the chance to meet you guys! Just look for a smaal blond girl  ;D *horns*

maddox

Quote from: debsss on Mon, 2010-11-15, 09:38:53
I feel a little sad and still angry with myself.....!!!
How stupid of us to miss the first half hour from the gig....
Also I pitty it not knowing the dutch guys who where there last Saturday....
Hopefully next september I have the chance to meet you guys! Just look for a smaal blond girl  ;D *horns*

I actually did see a blond small gilr. ;)

I have, however, no idea if it was you or not.

Not surprisingly, since Teunis and I were a meter apart from each other without even knowing it.  :-[ ;D

erik

Yeah, we discussed this before in the Dutch part of the forum with a prior gig; we really should get ourselves t-shirts or badges or something with "the shattered room" on it so we can find each other at gigs! Or maybe establish some sort of meeting point at the venue? (maybe "number one at the end of the bar"? ;) )
We stare at our screens
All our lives
What a waste of eyes..

debsss

QuoteI actually did see a blond small gilr.

I have, however, no idea if it was you or not.

Don't know that.
I was standing on the right side in front of the coin corner. Making fun with a guy to put me on top of the coin corner so that i could see something! LOL. It crossed my mind for a second to do that hahaha. Maybe next time I'll climbe on top of it. whahaha

debsss

By the way... this guy looked a lot like John Mitchell....  :o

maddox

Quote from: erik on Mon, 2010-11-15, 17:25:21
(maybe "number one at the end of the bar"? ;) )

Well, that's where Teunis and I were.  :P

debsss

QuoteWell, that's where Teunis and I were. 

Mad, did you wore a light blue shirt/blouse that night?

maddox

Quote from: debsss on Tue, 2010-11-16, 13:06:17
Mad, did you wore a light blue shirt/blouse that night?

Blue, yes but it was a bit darkish.
Long sleeves btw.
I did wore a light blue t-shirt underneath it. ;)

maddox

Oh, and I feel not so good right now.

Feverish, the chills, and the rest that comes along with it.  :-\ :-\ :-\

debsss

QuoteBlue, yes but it was a bit darkish.
Long sleeves btw.
I did see someone with a dark blue blouse, Had a big round print on the back. He wasn't that tall and had i believed blond hair.... he stood beside me. My friend find him rather irritating hahaha. He asked her if she liked Arena,cause he didn't. I think he meant it as a joke, but she thought otherwise.

We don't get any further with this hahaha. We HAVE to make a clear clue where everybody's at! So we can finally meet! We can also add eachother on facebook?!?

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: debsss on Wed, 2010-11-17, 08:36:07
My friend find him rather irritating hahaha.

Yep, that must've been Mad. ;D ;)

No but serious, Mad, I think I saw you as well. You walked past me after the concert but when I realised it was you, you were already gone.

We can also add eachother on facebook?!?

Some of us already have... ;)

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

maddox

Quote from: debsss on Wed, 2010-11-17, 08:36:07
I did see someone with a dark blue blouse, Had a big round print on the back. He wasn't that tall and had i believed blond hair.... he stood beside me. My friend find him rather irritating hahaha. He asked her if she liked Arena,cause he didn't. I think he meant it as a joke, but she thought otherwise.

That couldn't be me. ;)
I'm never irritating no matter what people say. :P

Maybe this would help:

I stood next to a basket ball player. He was quite tall to say the least.

No, seriously it wasn't me.
I didn't speak to anyone actually, basically because I was alone last Saturday.

QuoteWe don't get any further with this hahaha. We HAVE to make a clear clue where everybody's at! So we can finally meet! We can also add eachother on facebook?!?

You're absolutely right!

In fact, the missus already said that it was quite foolish of me and the rest of the Room as well ( :P) that we didn't made an appointment for that.  :-[

And eh... you're on facebook as well?

At least you found me on Hyves.
That counts for something.  8)

maddox

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Wed, 2010-11-17, 08:51:39
Yep, that must've been Mad. ;D ;)

:P

QuoteNo but serious, Mad

:P

QuoteI think I saw you as well. You walked past me after the concert but when I realised it was you, you were already gone.

Funny how things work because I saw you walking past me and when I realized it was you there were about twenty people between us. ...

We definitely should make an appointment beforehand.