News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

How do you feel right now?

Started by Appelmoes??, Wed, 2005-10-26, 20:39:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Bupie

Nice post, Tom  :)

I keep the destination in mind for a future trip.

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: Bupie on Mon, 2010-08-09, 18:01:33
Nice post, Tom  :)

I keep the destination in mind for a future trip.

Thanks Bupie, but don't just keep it in mind, book your hotel now. You won't regret it!

Regards, the Budapest office of Tourism.

Okay, that was pretty lame, I admit... :D

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

Peter

Just came back with the family from a week of inner-German holidays at the "Mecklenburgische Seenplatte". The weather didn't mean overly well with us, so we actually had only one single day at the "beach". But there was enough to do and see around the region. The rest of my fortnight off work will be full of tax return, tidying up my home office and writing some applications for hopefully better jobs... hope dies last, we say :/     (lastly? please correct me)

My mood is good, due to the brilliant music I'm listening to atm, an the prospect of a nice evening with my lady.
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

PH

Hi guys!

I feel fine.
After a three weeks holiday, I'm glad to be in the Netherlands again.

I've been to the Cote d'Azur, which, in hindsight, isn't really my thing.
The weather was great of course. Much better than in the Netherlands. But the people there drive like madmen if you ask me.
And a sun-sea-beach-vacation isn't really my cup of tea.
I'd much rather walk in the forests, or in the mountains, or alongside rivers or lakes.

So on the way back to the Netherlands, we stopped at a small village where we had our holiday five years ago.
It was so peaceful there. Very quiet. Nice lakes. Truly beautiful mountains.
Needless to say that I had a nostalgia moment and wished we had stayed here for three weeks (or more).

It was also the place where I used to listen to Arena on my mp3-player every day. So I said to myself: "When I get back to the Netherlands, I have to listen to it again!"

Didn't happen (yet), but I felt I just had to log on and post something again here on the forums.

Perhaps if I get the hang of it, I might post some more.

--Paco--

PS: What happened to the lay-out? :o

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: PH on Wed, 2010-08-11, 16:40:10
Hi guys!

I feel fine.

Hey man, good to see a sign of life from you! :)

Tom

PH

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Wed, 2010-08-11, 17:06:18
Hey man, good to see a sign of life from you! :)

Tom

Thanks man. I appreciate that very much.
It's good to be here again. Somehow I missed all of you. :)

Draco chimera

I've been to the Cote d'Azur, which, in hindsight, isn't really my thing.
The weather was great of course. Much better than in the Netherlands. But the people there drive like madmen if you ask me.
And a sun-sea-beach-vacation isn't really my cup of tea.
I'd much rather walk in the forests, or in the mountains, or alongside rivers or lakes.
Yes, people do drive crazy down there  ;D And I share your opinion : sun-sea-beach-vacation is not my thing, too.

Right now I feel good - to be back home.
I've been absent for 3 weeks, having a trip in Venice, Austria, Nürnberg and Darmstadt (just near Frankfurt).
Venice was my favorite, it really is fantastic place to see - especially at night, when everything is quiet and you can hear waves echoing gently.
Let your conscience decide !

Nicky007

Quote from: PH on Wed, 2010-08-11, 17:49:05
It's good to be here again. Somehow I missed all of you. :)

;)

It's an addiction, Paxi. It's called "roomania", in the worst of cases "roomitis"  ;D

You'r back again, and with a vengeance, man  :o

Good to seeya back  :)

OK, now we can get the ball rollin again  8)

You said God .....  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Nicky007

Quote from: Draco chimera on Wed, 2010-08-11, 22:03:29
Venice was my favorite, it really is fantastic place to see - especially at night, when everything is quiet and you can hear waves echoing gently.

My visit to Venice some thirty years ago (with friends) is one of the memories I cherish most of all  :)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Nicky007

Me too  8)

Paxi, if you look back three weeks, you'l find some posts about Ms 007's and my partly nature trip thru Northern Sweden  :)

And since nobody's asked, but I'm sure that you would have:  My quote is the full text recited by Glenn Tipton in his remarkable piece Baptizm Of Fire  8)

I'v already filled the Room with my raptures on Priest's recent albums and Glenn's solo albums (actually made with good friends, other than the Priest guys, and I'v designated Glenn my "Fave musician"), so I won't bother the rest of the crowd with more of this  :)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

PH

Hey Nixy, what's with the tripple postin' dude? 8) ;) Forgot how to multiquote? :D

Quote from: Nicky007 on Thu, 2010-08-12, 13:13:49It's an addiction, Paxi. It's called "roomania", in the worst of cases "roomitis"  ;D

Possibly, but I'm not that addicted anymore. Still love it here though. But I simply have so much other great stuff to do. For instance, I finally have the feeling that I have regained my passion for being a teacher again. Can't wait to get in front of the class again! (Bloody holidays! :D) Also, as you can see in the Now Reading thread, reading books has become another addiction of mine.

Quote from: Nicky007 on Thu, 2010-08-12, 13:13:49You'r back again, and with a vengeance, man  :o

Dunno what you're saying about my back, but it feels like vengeance indeed.

Quote from: Nicky007 on Thu, 2010-08-12, 13:13:49Good to seeya back  :)

OK, now we can get the ball rollin again  8)

Good to see you too Nixy! :) Can't wait to get those discussions going again! Love it!

Quote from: Nicky007 on Thu, 2010-08-12, 13:13:49You said God .....  ;D

I did?

Quote from: Nicky007 on Thu, 2010-08-12, 13:37:27Paxi, if you look back three weeks, you'l find some posts about Ms 007's and my partly nature trip thru Northern Sweden  :)

That looks great! Seems you had a nice time over there. Perhaps we should open a "holiday photos thread" or something...
You start.

Quote from: Nicky007 on Thu, 2010-08-12, 13:37:27And since nobody's asked, but I'm sure that you would have:  My quote is the full text recited by Glenn Tipton in his remarkable piece Baptizm Of Fire  8)

Thanks for that too.

So, what does it REALLY mean?

--Paco-- a.k.a. Multiquote Master (Watch, apprentice Nicky, watch! And learn!)

Nicky007

Quote from: PH on Thu, 2010-08-12, 20:14:34
Forgot how to multiquote? :D

Nope, but I'm now senior enuff in the Room to go by my own rules  8)

;D

Edit: You can actually see in the  following that I'm fully capable of multiquoting  :D

Possibly, but I'm not that addicted anymore.

Well, what's all this posting then ?  ;D

with a vengeance

"With a vengeance" is an expression meaning "full blast". Maybe you knew that and you were just building further on it  ;)

Do you actually have problems with your back ?

If I remember correctly, you had problems with your hagenass  :D

I finally have the feeling that I have regained my passion for being a teacher again. Reading books has become another addiction of mine.

8) - both

I hardly need to tell you that I'm too a big reader. Before I was about 14, I didnt read all that much, maybe like so many other kids, who split their time between cycling, climbing, swimming, mischief, tv, listening to music, and reading Sherlock Holmes and stuff. Then life became a problem to me, a real problem. I started realising with a vengeance that I was alive - as an individual - then that my life would once be over, worrying about death, what was beyond, you know, all that stuff. My parents werent too helpfull. My Dad had wrapped himself up in his physics, and my Mum was fretting about that she herself hadnt really made it in life and about how to get thru to my Dad, and I guess by that time three teenage and pubertarian kids were also takin their toll  ;D

So I started reading voraciously. I was looking for answers, answers, answers, and I virtually went everywhere with my search. And I bugged all sorts of people with my questions. I must have been a pain in the hagenass to all these people.

Then when I was 27, all of a sudden the Bible started talkin to me - real serious.

I became real churchy, and that's been goin up and down since then, but today I feel comfortable with my Lutheran faith.

This doesnt prevent me from venturing out on all sorts'o crazy excursions, as you may have realised. I do however avoid outright satanic stuff.

Can't wait to get those discussions going again! Love it!

Me too. I was actually missing you during your AWOL  :'(

Tom occasionally turned up and entertained me for a while, but then he was away for long spells.

Draco's amazing for being a kid. He only comes rarely, but then he's generous with personal stuff.

Deenie's been gone for as long as you, Paxi. I don't know whether he's married to a goat now  ;D

Nobody else seems to have that easy talk gene. But that could change, of course  ;)

So, what does it REALLY mean?

Well, .....

;D

Watch, apprentice Nicky, watch! And learn!

So teach me, teacher, teach me how to dougie  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

PH

Quote from: Nicky007 on Fri, 2010-08-13, 12:51:06Well, what's all this posting then ?  ;D

Just being curious and all that. ;)

Quote from: Nicky007 on Fri, 2010-08-13, 12:51:06"With a vengeance" is an expression meaning "full blast". Maybe you knew that and you were just building further on it  ;)

I was building further on it.
Actually I was indirectly pointing you to a typo. You spelled you'r which can mean that you incidentily put an apostrophe there, or just simply forgot an 'e'.
Of course I knew what you meant, but after such a long time it felt just right to mock you a bit. ;)

Quote from: Nicky007 on Fri, 2010-08-13, 12:51:06Do you actually have problems with your back ?

Yep. Used to be a real pain in the ass... err... back. But today it's getting better. Although I must say it came back (hehehe). I think it's got to do with working in the garden for four full days.

Quote from: Nicky007 on Fri, 2010-08-13, 12:51:06If I remember correctly, you had problems with your hagenass  :D

No sir.

Quote from: Nicky007 on Fri, 2010-08-13, 12:51:06I hardly need to tell you that I'm too a big reader. Before I was about 14, I didnt read all that much, maybe like so many other kids, who split their time between cycling, climbing, swimming, mischief, tv, listening to music, and reading Sherlock Holmes and stuff. Then life became a problem to me, a real problem. I started realising with a vengeance that I was alive - as an individual - then that my life would once be over, worrying about death, what was beyond, you know, all that stuff. My parents werent too helpfull. My Dad had wrapped himself up in his physics, and my Mum was fretting about that she herself hadnt really made it in life and about how to get thru to my Dad, and I guess by that time three teenage and pubertarian kids were also takin their toll  ;D

So I started reading voraciously. I was looking for answers, answers, answers, and I virtually went everywhere with my search. And I bugged all sorts of people with my questions. I must have been a pain in the hagenass to all these people.

Then when I was 27, all of a sudden the Bible started talkin to me - real serious.

I became real churchy, and that's been goin up and down since then, but today I feel comfortable with my Lutheran faith.

Great story there Nixy. :)

Quote from: Nicky007 on Fri, 2010-08-13, 12:51:06This doesnt prevent me from venturing out on all sorts'o crazy excursions, as you may have realised. I do however avoid outright satanic stuff.

I can follow you there. But my opinion is that people can allow themselves to be on thin ice far too easily.
I like reading about all sorts of theories, but as soon as it conflicts with the Bible, I have problems with it.

Quote from: Nicky007 on Fri, 2010-08-13, 12:51:06Me too. I was actually missing you during your AWOL  :'(

Awwww. :-*

Quote from: Nicky007 on Fri, 2010-08-13, 12:51:06Tom occasionally turned up and entertained me for a while, but then he was away for long spells.

Draco's amazing for being a kid. He only comes rarely, but then he's generous with personal stuff.

Deenie's been gone for as long as you, Paxi. I don't know whether he's married to a goat now  ;D

Nobody else seems to have that easy talk gene. But that could change, of course  ;)

At the moment it seems like the Room is a bit empty and quiet indeed.
We'll see how it goes and where it ends.

--Paco--

Nicky007

Quote from: PH on Thu, 2010-08-12, 20:14:34
Perhaps we should open a "holiday photos thread" or something... You start.

I sent them to Playboy and Playgirl instead  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: Nicky007 on Fri, 2010-08-13, 12:51:06
Tom occasionally turned up and entertained me for a while, but then he was away for long spells.

Ah I see, so now I'm not good enough for you anymore? :( ;)

But seriously, I remember you also had a period in which where you weren't very active in the beginning of this year, and that's normal. I guess everyone here has a (busy) life outside the Room and that's good. I mean, something would be seriously wrong if we were hanging around in the Room 24 hours a day, right?

That's not to say I don't want it to be a bit more crowded again, just like it was in the 'old' days. :)

Tom

Nicky007

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Fri, 2010-08-13, 14:14:13
Ah I see, so now I'm not good enough for you anymore? :( ;)

Actually it's one of my rare compliments, Tom. So relish it  ;D

I guess everyone here has a (busy) life outside the Room and that's good.

Hey, good you reminded me:  I have a lady, Ms 007  *horns*

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

maddox

Hi guys!

*rather long post about ditjes en datjes and paco. ;)

First things first:

He, good ol' Paco!  *horns*

Good to see you again, mate.
It has indeed been a long time but I'm positive that you didn't waste that time.

Second:

I've got to make an apology to you since I haven't said anything about you (temporarily) leaving the board, nor did I send you a message or anything. Didn't really know what to say I guess.
Though I understood your reasons and most of all respected that, I must admit that I was quite sad about it.
But I'm glad that everything's okay.  :)

Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Draco chimera

Quote from: Nicky007 on Fri, 2010-08-13, 12:51:06

Nicky.
Thanks for the compliment, Nicky, I appreciate it. I'll try to log more often in the future.  ;)

Nicky007

Quote from: maddox on Fri, 2010-08-13, 19:48:55
Though I understood your reasons and most of all respected that, I must admit that I was quite sad about it.

Me too  :)

Paxi, since you'r a very serious person (altho just as  ::) as me), I'd like to hear where your reflection and seeking has led you  ;)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Manatee

Tired and sunburned but not bad

I spent both of the last two weekends camping with friends.  The first was at the Philadelphia Folk Festival, which was loads of fun.  The music was nice if not spectacular.  The best known acts I saw were Taj Mahal and Richard Thompson.  Really, we spent more time just sitting around talking, people watching, meeting new and strange people, and drinking beer.  The music was just an excuse to be there.  Upon returning home, I immediately fell on my face and slept about 12 hours.   ;D   Last weekend was a little quieter but still pleasant and still well marinated in beer.  We brought too much food and drink (my friend insisted it was better to have too much than too little), and lots of skunks showed up to visit in the night.  Nobody got sprayed though.   ;)

Oh, and if I haven't said so yet, it's great to hear from you again, Paco.   *horns*
"What is that sound?  It's confusing, and boy is it loud!"

maddox

Nice story manatee.  ;D

On topic:

I feel ready.
Will go to work in an hour from now.

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: maddox on Wed, 2010-09-01, 20:03:17
I feel ready.
Will go to work in an hour from now.

You're like my cat. He also 'works' at night, which often means I can't sleep. >:(

;)

Tom

maddox

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Thu, 2010-09-02, 14:21:18
You're like my cat. He also 'works' at night, which often means I can't sleep. >:(

;)

Tom

That's why we keep our cat in the living room. ;)

An idea for you, maybe? :lol:  ;D

On topic: I feel stunned.  :o :-\

I just payed through Paypal for the first time in my life.
Man it is soo easy, you don't even need a creditcard.  8)

Draco chimera

A bit tired. I've been on a forest camping (it was my first one) with a friend, and the night was kinda weird.
It was about 11 p.m. when we heard something exploding in the sky. We quickly got out of the tent, just to figure out that it was only some fireworks from one of the towns near us.
It was 00 when I woke up, because of a strange sound. It was a helicopter, flying something like less than one hunderd meters above us. It quickly disappeared, and we started hearing motors, and voices in the woods surrounding us. We found out some people were probably having fun with motor bikes and quads - and it lasted for about an hour. Then, we fell asleep and sometimes woke up, hearing some animals sniffing our stuff and bags out of the tent.
It was weird, and we didn't sleep much, but that was fun . ;D I thought nights were more quiet in "the wild".

maddox

Quote from: Draco chimera on Sun, 2010-09-05, 13:54:44
A bit tired. I've been on a forest camping (it was my first one) with a friend, and the night was kinda weird.
It was about 11 p.m. when we heard something exploding in the sky. We quickly got out of the tent, just to figure out that it was only some fireworks from one of the towns near us.
It was 00 when I woke up, because of a strange sound. It was a helicopter, flying something like less than one hunderd meters above us. It quickly disappeared, and we started hearing motors, and voices in the woods surrounding us. We found out some people were probably having fun with motor bikes and quads - and it lasted for about an hour. Then, we fell asleep and sometimes woke up, hearing some animals sniffing our stuff and bags out of the tent.
It was weird, and we didn't sleep much, but that was fun . ;D I thought nights were more quiet in "the wild".

Sounds like you were camping on a military base.  ;D