News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

How do you feel right now?

Started by Appelmoes??, Wed, 2005-10-26, 20:39:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicky007

Quote from: Draco chimera on Wed, 2010-05-05, 21:40:02
... and now I'm back to work

You had me fooled there for a moment, Draco, but at 16, I expect you mean schoolwork ?

You seem so grown up, and you have such advanced music tastes.

And how did you learn English so well ? - very unusual for a Frenchie.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

maddox

Quote from: Nicky007 on Sat, 2010-05-08, 12:39:58
You had me fooled there for a moment, Draco, but at 16, I expect you mean schoolwork ?

Maybe he fooled us all.  ;D
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Draco chimera

Quote from: maddox on Sat, 2010-05-08, 13:43:01
Maybe he fooled us all.  ;D
No I didn't. ;D
I was talking about schoolwork.  ;) This is quite a bad moment to be late in my work, because I have some exams at the end of the year, which is quite near now.
About my practise of the english language, I used to listen to american or english music, watch TV series or movies in their original versions, and have been learning english for... uh, 7 or 8 years now. It's a language I love, and some of my friends and I sometimes talk in english to train ourselves, or just to have fun. What I don't understand, is that I watch american shows or movies, and my american penfriend told me I had a english accent. This is strange.  ??? Thanks for the compliments, Nicky.   ;)
As for my musical tastes, I should thank my father for listening to prog rock.  :)
Let your conscience decide !

Bupie

Quote from: Nicky007 on Sat, 2010-05-08, 12:39:58
very unusual for a Frenchie.

Tss, tss, Nicky, another cliché  ;D OK, for once, I have to admit that this one is close to truth ...

Nicky007

Quote from: Bupie on Sun, 2010-05-09, 09:40:34
OK, for once, I have to admit that this one is close to truth ...

I remember chasing around southern Paris looking for my brother's travel bureau in an office area. I walked into a fancy big open office with floor-to-ceiling windows and state-of-the-art computers all around, and nerdy young guys working at'm, and I sure expected that at least these guys would be conversational in English. So I asked in English where the travel bureau was, and the guy gaped at me as if I were R2D2 jumped right outta Star Wars. I tried to put it in pidgin, didnt help. So I had to do it in my rudimentary French at the time  ::)

Are you guys aware that, while (almost) everyone else on this planet does computer stuff in English, the Frenchies have translated everything into frog. Like a computer is not called a computer, instead it's an ordinateur - of all things ! Who would'v guessed ?  I guess for Frenchies it doesnt really matter what you call the damn thing, as long as it's not called a computer  ::)

And data is "donées". Good grief !  I mean, how about complicating matters ?  Everyone else says "I got some data for ya" (easy), but the Frenchies have to say and write "donées". That almost sounds like "donuts".

And software is "logiciel"  ::)

And so on and so forth.

I can understand why Bupsie listens to Nightwish  ;D

Quote from: Draco chimera on Sat, 2010-05-08, 18:56:51
About my practice of the English language, I listen to American and English music ...

Just goes to show how edifying prog is  8)

As for my musical tastes, I should thank my father for listening to prog rock.  :)

Yeah, you'r lucky there, Draco  :)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Nicky007

Good, relieved  :)

My Mom got MR-scanned last week, and today we got the results: The tumor had transgressed (diminished) remarkably !

As the chemo alone had done part of the job, she will be continuing with this chemo treatment for a while.

On Sunday she travels to Germany to stay with our family there for a week.

Ms 007 and I leave for Stockholm on Wednesday (by train) and stay there till Sunday. Two of her sons live there (the third in Umeå).

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

maddox

Yay for good results, Nicky!  *horns* *horns* *horns*

Nicky007

Quote from: maddox on Sat, 2010-05-08, 13:43:01
Maybe he fooled us all.  ;D

You sure did:  I thought you were Mad, but in truth you'r Mad  ;D

Thanx, Mad  ;)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Bupie

Quote from: maddox on Mon, 2010-05-10, 17:00:33
Yay for good results, Nicky!  *horns* *horns* *horns*
Yay too for your mum, Nicky. As for the données (with two "n", which makes it closer to dunno than donuts, if you see what I mean  ;D), I prefer not to answer and consider that you were on drugs when you posted ...

Nicky007

Quote from: Bupie on Mon, 2010-05-10, 21:57:31
Yay too for your mum, Nicky.

Thanx, Bups  :)

As for the données

Données it is !

That's even worse  :'(

Like "Voulez-vous données avec moi?"  :D

I prefer not to answer

I didnt either ask ya, Bups  :P

... consider that you were on drugs when you posted ...

Not more than usual  ;D

Nicky.

So you've come of age
Sure you can

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: Nicky007 on Mon, 2010-05-10, 16:56:57
My Mom got MR-scanned last week, and today we got the results: The tumor had transgressed (diminished) remarkably !

As the chemo alone had done part of the job, she will be continuing with this chemo treatment for a while.

Ms 007 and I leave for Stockholm on Wednesday (by train) and stay there till Sunday. Two of her sons live there (the third in Umeå).

Great news Nicky! I'm really happy for you and your family. *horns*

Quote from: Nicky007 on Tue, 2010-05-11, 12:25:22
Like "Voulez-vous données avec moi?"  :D

Hey, I know what that's supposed to mean (with 'coucher' instead of 'données'). And I thought I forgot everything I learned in French class! :D

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

funkster

Quote from: Nicky007 on Mon, 2010-05-10, 16:56:57
Good, relieved  :)

Nicky.

Brilliant news - made up for all your maily

The Butterfly Man

Me and my girlfriend just planned our vacation. We're going to make a roundtrip through Egypt next September. We'll even sleep in the middle of the desert for 2 nights, that's gonna be an amazing experience for sure! It's still 4 months away but I'm already looking forward to it immensely. So yeah, needless to say, I feel great! :D

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

Draco chimera

This is good news too, Tom. I've never been there, but I know that Egypt really is an awesome country. Be sure to enjoy your stay there with your beloved.  :)
Let your conscience decide !

Nicky007

Sounds good, Tom. Hope you have some great experiences  :)

We walked thru southern Stockholm early afternoon today, up onto some peaks with marvellous views and along waterfronts, passing by some real old atmospheric quarters. Then we got to the center and saw the king's palace, parliament building and some other impressive classic buildings. Had a nice meal at the Museum of Modern Art, and looked at some fine Kandinskys and Kokoschkas and other paintings. There was of course also some weird stuff, as any museum for modern art worth its name has to have  ;D

So back home with a nice cool Pilsner Urquell  8)

We'l eat some tacos (veg of course) and probably watch the Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus afterward - supposed to be good.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

maddox

Weird and thrilled.

I just woke up because I have to work tonight from 2200 to 0600.  ;D

aswas

awesome new Nicky. ya'll keep on hanging on Daniel(unaswas)
don't fly... too close to the sun

funkster

Away for a night in harrogate tomorrow without the kids so plenty excited

Work is mental so not quite as exciting

Nicky007

Quote from: funkster on Wed, 2010-05-19, 16:14:15
Work is mental so not quite as exciting

Same goes for you, Funkster  ::)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

maddox

Quite tired actually.
I did have enough sleep today but my body says 'sleep' while my boss says 'work' for tonight.  ::)

It's a strange thing, this night shift.
I guess my body has to get used to it.

funkster

Quote from: Nicky007 on Wed, 2010-05-19, 17:19:32
Same goes for you, Funkster  ::)

Nicky.

Cheeky whippersnapper  :)  Even if true

maddox

Quote from: funkster on Thu, 2010-05-20, 07:35:40
Cheeky whippersnapper  :)  Even if true

That's a funny word.  8)

Nicky007

Quote from: maddox on Sun, 2010-05-23, 22:05:32
That's a funny word.  8)

And a funny explanation:

whippersnapper - 1674, apparently a "jingling extension" [OED] of *whip-snapper "a cracker of whips," or perhaps an alteration of snipper-snapper (c.1590). Cf. also late 16c. whipperginnie, a term of abuse for a woman.

- Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper

whip·per·snap·per   /ˈʰwɪpərˌsnæpər, ˈwɪp-/  – noun

an unimportant but offensively presumptuous person, esp. a young one.

Origin:1665–75; prob. b. earlier whipster and snippersnapper, similar in sense; see whip, snap, -er1

- Dictionary.com Unabridged

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

maddox

Aching fingers from typing the whole day!  :o ;D

Nah...I'm fine.  :D

Iggy

Bizarre 13 hour day at work but can't sleep yet.

Maybe beer will help. It solves most problems apart from expanding waistlines.  ;D