News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

How do you feel right now?

Started by Appelmoes??, Wed, 2005-10-26, 20:39:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter

Quote from: maddox on Wed, 2010-03-10, 10:21:41
No cold but I don't feel very well.
Angry, sad, frustrated. ...

In short:

It seems that i've lost my job.  :(

Damn. I really feel with you. Experienced that before, too. It's one of the things, life could really do without, may the job have been a good or a shitty one.
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Nicky007

Mad, my thoughts are with you too  :)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Teunis

Quote from: Nicky007 on Wed, 2010-03-10, 17:49:08
Mad, my thoughts are with you too  :)

Nicky.
Exactly, mine too!
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

Draco chimera

We all support you here Maddox. Wish you all the strength you need !  :)
Let your conscience decide !

funkster

As Liverpool are playing in Europe tonight then i am apprehensive as they are awful at the moment  :(

Teunis

Quote from: funkster on Thu, 2010-03-11, 10:02:31
As Liverpool are playing in Europe tonight then i am apprehensive as they are awful at the moment  :(
And indeed, they lost  ::).

maddox

Thanks for the best wishes, boys. It helps, though today I definitely entered a maelstrom of different feelings, basically because as of today it's official:

After April 20th, I'm unemployed.  >:( :(

The reason?

That's an easy one: Bankruptcy.
There were a lot of printers who still had to pay us the money for our work but they didn't.
The answer is also easy: Because of the crisis that's covering Europe.
And even some of our customers (the printers) went bankrupt so it became harder and harder to keep our head above water.

Shit. <---sorry for my language.  :-[

Me = not very happy at the moment.

I've had a lot of stuff to do today and tomorrow won't be any different.
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Bupie

Sorry to read that, Mad  :( Good luck and I am sure you'll be alright, you're a guy full of positive energy !

maddox

Thanks for that Bupie.

The strange thing is that I have to wait about a month or so before i can actually start looking for a new job.
I have to wait until all the procedures has been finished. Strange.
I really want to go to work again but i fear that it will take some time to actually find a job in my direction. ...

aswas

Wish the best for you man. Hang in there
don't fly... too close to the sun

maddox

This is soo weird, man.

Living in your own private world, surrounded by people that you know but also surrounded by people that you don't know (the town that you live in) and some people, like for instance Aswas, wishes you the best in the world from across that tiny pond.

Not everybody is ignorant.  :)

That brings a smile on my face.  ;) ;) ;)

Bupie

Quote from: maddox on Wed, 2010-03-17, 17:02:56
Living in your own private world, surrounded by people that you know but also surrounded by people that you don't know (the town that you live in) and some people, like for instance Aswas, wishes you the best in the world from across that tiny pond.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ope1WNzIcjQ  ;)

Iggy

Quote from: maddox on Wed, 2010-03-17, 17:02:56
This is soo weird, man.

Not everybody is ignorant.  :)

That brings a smile on my face.  ;) ;) ;)

The internet has definitely made the world a much smaller place and forums like these improve it immensely. Keep smiling Mad.

funkster

Bupie

maddox

Quote from: funkster on Fri, 2010-03-19, 08:00:32
And then won last night  :)

Indeed, I'm quite happy about that.

The next match against Benfica should be interesting too. This isn't their best season. On April fool's day.  :D

By the way, have you seen the quarter finals in the Champions League?  :o

Arsenal vs. Barcelona and Bayern München vs. Manchester United.

Two thrilling matches, at least on paper.  8)

funkster

Iggy

Quote from: funkster on Fri, 2010-03-19, 14:44:17
;D

sorry Bupie but  ;D from me as well.

I was hoping for Manchester vs Barcelona in the Quarter or Semi Finals as 2 games between them would have been fun to watch the finals are often a let down, Apart from when Liverpool play in them  ;D

funkster

In work but nothing brain taxing so i feel fine.

Pity the weather in wet  :(

Nicky007

Hey, John, we don't see much of you these days  :(

What are you up to ?  What are ya listenin to ?

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Nicky007

Quote from: maddox on Thu, 2010-03-11, 21:29:50
Me = not very happy at the moment.

Mad, I know it's real hard when one's in the situation; I know cause I tried it myself eight years ago: I had a stable job for 21 years ...... and then suddenly it was over  :o

But today I see it as one of the best things that happened in my life, losing my job that is  :)

If I had stayed there, I would'v still been struggling to fit into a very conventional (read: unprogressive) lifestyle. E.g. I would'v probably not been listening to prog today  :(

My life since then has been quite a rollercoaster - big ups and downs - but I'v sure tried out some unusual things, and gained a lotta self-confidence strugglin thru, and become bigger (unfortunately also in a physical sense)  ;D

Instead of living other people's lives, I'm now living my own life  8)

Just to put some perspective on a painful transition  ;)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

aswas

Mad,

Don't give up. It is easy to say I know. I was terminated due to medical reasons about 14 months ago. It was a great job, one that I thought I was eventually gonna retire from. They called me on a Friday afternoon at 5pm, and had the you know what's to ask me to come empty out my office of 8 years, the same day. I was crushed to say the least. I went there with friends because I was in a wheelchair. Long story short, after many, many months of the Feds testing me, as I was swallowing my pride, and ignoring the whispers and looks, they had to go with my doctors and theirs, that truly I had to go on Social Security Disability. The process is embarrassing and strips you of your self esteem down to nothing. I am bed ridden 90% of the time, but I am still alive and kicking. You will find something man, I just know it. Keep the faith. I always look at the positive. While in bed, I have written 7 songs in my head, and 15-30 minutes daily I prop myself up in front of my keyboards and translate it to music. My goal is a CD. And it will be a good one. SO maybe there is a reason for everything that happens.
ASWAS
don't fly... too close to the sun

Bupie

Wow, Aswas, this is very touching. I hope you will go on recovering and rocking  *horns*

Teunis

Quote from: Bupie on Sat, 2010-03-27, 08:54:40
Wow, Aswas, this is very touching. I hope you will go on recovering and rocking  *horns*
+1, goosebumps + respect!

Iggy

Quote from: Teunis on Sat, 2010-03-27, 11:01:04
+1, goosebumps + respect!

+2 good luck which your recovery Aswas