News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

How do you feel right now?

Started by Appelmoes??, Wed, 2005-10-26, 20:39:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicky007

Quote from: Manatee on Mon, 2009-12-07, 19:56:25
Much beer and Nicky-friendly food was consumed.

Good that you have intelligent friends  ;)

the people who are actually here to read this are less catatonic Room-wise than the rest.

See, that's what gets me, Greenie. When I log into the Room, there're often ten or more guests, so there must be more than that number reading the posts. But only you, Deenie, Draco, Bups, I, and rarely a few others chip in with sumthin new  ???

Religion is not my topic of choice, but I'm sure I'll have sumpin to say about sumpin

That's the spirit, Greenie  *horns*

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Iggy

Bad. I made a big mistake at work yesterday.  ::)

Should have taken a few more days off sick.  :P

maddox

Quote from: Nicky007 on Mon, 2009-12-07, 13:45:13
Wasnt anything today that I felt like commenting on  :(

I think you guys could share a bit more. I'v contributed my bit. When Draco at 16 commendably shares his thoughts on religion and fate, then you older guys could also open up.

I don't understand why Roomies are so catatonic. If you guys listen to Arena and Clive's texts, then you should have something to say  ;)

Nicky.

I do understand why you say this, Nicky.
To keep the forum alive, so to say.

I appreciate that.

However, i'm not very into discussing stuff lately due to personal stuff.

I'll contribute some 'wise' words when i feel better.  ;)

That's a promise. Again.
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: Nicky007 on Mon, 2009-12-07, 13:45:13
I think you guys could share a bit more. I'v contributed my bit. When Draco at 16 commendably shares his thoughts on religion and fate, then you older guys could also open up.

I've been far from active lately but to be honest I come here for the musical side of things. I don't feel the need to share my view on (for instance) religion and I hope you can respect that. I can talk hours about music or bands that I like but lately a lot of these bands aren't really on the progressive side of things and over the years I felt slightly ignored when I was talking about non-prog music here in the Room. That's why I refrain from doing that. But I actually just made some sort of an effort in the Now Playing thread... ;)

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

Nicky007

Guys, I'v been mainly missing lively exchanges on music.

The other stuff is secondary to me, altho I can also get quite involved in it.

But if ya guys want me to stop holding sermons on religion and vegetarianism, then give me a good discussion on music  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Iggy

Like I am going away for the weekend. Popping to Chepstow and then up the Wye Valley which is one of the most beautiful parts of the country.

Iggy

It is snowing quite hard here which is quite unusual for London. No doubt we won't be able to move an inch tomorrow.  ::)

Manatee

Quote from: Iggy on Thu, 2009-12-17, 22:25:53
It is snowing quite hard here which is quite unusual for London. No doubt we won't be able to move an inch tomorrow.  ::)

I guess you'll just have to stay home and play prog all day tomorrow.   ;)

I'm feeling pleased because the new comp turned out to be simple to set up for internet use (just plugging in a wire, in fact).  I'm also feeling too lazy to deal with the 100 Gb or so worth of files that I need to transfer to it.   :-[
"What is that sound?  It's confusing, and boy is it loud!"

funkster

I feel cold !

Also Christmas seems to be far too near - a week you say  :o

Iggy

Quote from: Manatee on Fri, 2009-12-18, 00:54:27
I guess you'll just have to stay home and play prog all day tomorrow.   ;)

I'm feeling pleased because the new comp turned out to be simple to set up for internet use (just plugging in a wire, in fact).  I'm also feeling too lazy to deal with the 100 Gb or so worth of files that I need to transfer to it.   :-[

no such luck I could get in to work. I guess half of London couldn't be bothered though as the roads were empty and on the bright side my car seemed relatively happy to go in a straight line.

Quote from: funkster on Fri, 2009-12-18, 12:48:58
I feel cold !

Also Christmas seems to be far too near - a week you say  :o

Go inside then  ;D

Iggy

Today is the shortest day. Summer is about to return. How is that for optimism?

Manatee

Quote from: Iggy on Mon, 2009-12-21, 13:57:51

Pretty optimistic.  We just had a foot of snow dumped on us.
"What is that sound?  It's confusing, and boy is it loud!"

Iggy

Quote from: Manatee on Mon, 2009-12-21, 14:35:34
Pretty optimistic.  We just had a foot of snow dumped on us.

Unlucky, ours is about to leave. It is however nearly dark and it is only 14:15.  :(

Bupie

Quote from: Iggy on Mon, 2009-12-21, 13:57:51

It's good  :) You could add that the Reds are about to win the 2009-2010 Championship but maybe that would be a little too much optimistic ;D  :-[

Iggy

Quote from: Bupie on Mon, 2009-12-21, 19:23:02
It's good  :) You could add that the Reds are about to win the 2009-2010 Championship but maybe that would be a little too much optimistic ;D  :-[

In the land of fantasy (sadly).

Hoping you are all surviving the cold snap.

maddox

Tired.

I've been to the hospital with my daughter yesterday evening.
And this morning too.

The doctor thought about a appendix infection so she send us straight to the hospital.
After various of tests they said that for 99 % isn't the appendix but they're not quite sure what it is.

She still has pain on her right side though.  :-\
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Iggy

Quote from: maddox on Tue, 2009-12-22, 21:22:43
Tired.

I've been to the hospital with my daughter yesterday evening.
And this morning too.

The doctor thought about a appendix infection so she send us straight to the hospital.
After various of tests they said that for 99 % isn't the appendix but they're not quite sure what it is.

She still has pain on her right side though.  :-\

Ah crap.

Hope she gets better very soon.

Teunis

Oops, that's not sounding well. Hope they'll find the cause soon. Further investigation is necessary I suppose? Hope she'll be better a.s.a.p.!
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

Nicky007

Fortunate!

I'v just become a regular member of the Judas Priest Noticeboard (chatforum).

It was an initiation with several surprises: You have to gain 25 "respect points" to become "regular".

Well, I wrote a couple of positive posts about Nostradamus (wasnt hard  ;) ), and some chosen senior members gave me points. Then I delved deeper into the board and proposed "friendships" on the basis of mutual interests (a "friend" yields 1 point), which were reciprocated.

And then all of a sudden: I was was stuck at 23 - just before reaching the goal. I proposed more friendships, but these were not returned, I wrote more posts; man, I even asked my best friend on the board to nudge some of his friends - to no avail  >:(

That lasted for about a week .....

I strangely got one extra point for being my own friend, so I was up to 24 - even more cliffhanging  :-\

Then suddenly yesterday, I had 62 points. Where those extra 28 points came from, only God knows - well, maybe also the webmaster  ;D

Iac I can now go beyond the NP and "What's yer fave Priest album/song/gig" etc. and discuss Nostradamus, which is my main interest .....

As you guys can see, I still like dropping by the Room - and it seems that even with my casual visits, I'm still a main poster here  ;)

Nicky.

So you've come of age
Sure you can

Bupie

Quote from: Nicky007 on Mon, 2010-01-18, 08:46:22
Fortunate!

I'v just become a regular member of the Judas Priest Noticeboard (chatforum).

Congrats, Nick  ;) How many people are there on the Priest board ?

funkster

After going to the gym for the first time in 3months i am somewhat tired  :-[

Nicky007

Quote from: Bupie on Mon, 2010-01-18, 15:11:19
Congrats, Nick  ;) How many people are there on the Priest board ?

From the board itself:

2 New Members Today
44 New Members This Week
35246 Active Members
54713 Current Members
3473 Topics
507375 Posts

However, there arent more than a few hundred posts a day, and most of them are only a sentence or two, lotta videos and pics.

As most posts are about groups that don't interest me much - Maiden, Megadeth, AC/DC, and the likes - I get thru'm fast.

Strangely, my posts are among the longest  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

aswas

hey guys, well I finally had to go under the knife, totally unexpected really, after all the procedures, tests, etc over the past few months. I missed ya'll from down here in good ole Florida. Scared the crap out of me. Just now starting to regain strength and get out of the f.... bed. Hell, it is gonna be a good year, don't you know. To celebrate, I ordered Songs from the Lions Cage today. Looking forward to the Room again. Seems like I have said that 3 times now. Hopefully this is it.
don't fly... too close to the sun

Teunis

Good to see you back, wishing you a speedy recovery!
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

Nicky007

Yeah, hope you get back in good shape again, Aswas  :)

Good to see you back in the Room.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can