News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

How do you feel right now?

Started by Appelmoes??, Wed, 2005-10-26, 20:39:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Iggy

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Wed, 2009-10-07, 08:36:18
Man, you have a lot of bad luck this year... :-\  Hope things will change for the better soon!

Tom

I guess it makes up for all those years that nothing bad happened.

Steve Jones

Quote from: Iggy on Wed, 2009-10-07, 08:04:48
I'm thinking of turning into a hermit, just staying in and playing music.

I can certainly recommend it.  Since becoming a hermit, I meet a much better class of person ;)
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

maddox

Excellent!

I just went to see Progressive Nation tonight!  *horns*

Unfortunately because the guys i was going with had to work and were quite late, i missed both Unexpect and Bigelf (which i'm very sad about  :() but Opeth and Dream Theater were simply great.

Dream Theater: i must point this out: are out of this world.

The things they do on their instruments are astonishing!
Merlin Rudes, John 'fast fingers' Petrucci, Mike 'lumberjack from hell' Portnoy, John 'steady but present' Myung...

Heck, even James Labrie was in excellent shape tonight.  *horns* *horns* *horns*

Next: Porcupine Tree in A'dam.  8)
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Manatee

Like there's something I've forgotten to do.    :-\
"What is that sound?  It's confusing, and boy is it loud!"

Nicky007

Quote from: maddox on Thu, 2009-10-08, 00:59:39
I just went to see Progressive Nation tonight!  *horns*

...'fast fingers' ...

Hey Mad, the fast fingers were Tom's  ;)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

maddox

Quote from: Nicky007 on Thu, 2009-10-08, 13:20:41
Hey Mad, the fast fingers were Tom's  ;)

Nicky.

Does Tom have fast fingers?  ??? ;)

bellanova

I feel good. Porcupine Tree tonight!! At Hammersmith Apollo!

maddox

Quote from: bellanova on Fri, 2009-10-09, 09:17:06

Good for you!  *horns*

Do tell us how the concert was, will you?  ;)

I'm going to see them this Monday.  *ola*

Iggy

Quote from: bellanova on Fri, 2009-10-09, 09:17:06

Have a great time I was going to go and scalp some tickets but as I am off to Liverpool tomorrow decided to give it a miss.

Quote from: maddox on Fri, 2009-10-09, 12:19:31

I'm going to see them this Monday.  *ola*

Hope you have a great time as well Mad.

Manatee

I feel tired.  Especially in the legs.  Still not sleeping well, and yesterday I went to visit Mum and saw a fairly dull play, so it was a long day.  My legs are sore, which is usually a sure sign I didn't get enough sleep unless I just biked a long way.  On the other hand, I haven't had to deal with a lawyer other than Bupie in over a week.   *horns*  (well, my mom's a lawyer actually, but she's retired)

Bupie

Quote from: Manatee on Fri, 2009-10-09, 17:02:23
On the other hand, I haven't had to deal with a lawyer other than Bupie in over a week.   *horns*  (well, my mom's a lawyer actually, but she's retired)

You're right. If the point is to see a fairly dull play, it's less expensive to go the dream theater than to a lawyer's office  ;D

Manatee

Quote from: Bupie on Fri, 2009-10-09, 17:28:49
You're right. If the point is to see a fairly dull play, it's less expensive to go the dream theater than to a lawyer's office  ;D

Dream Theater probably charges quite a lot for a consultation.

bellanova

Porcupine Tree were totally amazing. It was my fourth time and they just get better and better. The sound was incredible and they got several standing ovations. The only problem i had was the number of people that got up to go to the toilet during The Incident! Why cant men hold their drink and didnt they realise that it is a complete work? its a little bit ignorant! *horns*

Steve Jones

Quote from: bellanova on Sat, 2009-10-10, 14:30:23
Why cant men hold their drink

We can, technically, but not if we're to hold in our farts at the same time as we can't multi-task.  It's a dilemma, I think you'll admit ;)
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

Bupie

Manatee

Iggy

Porcupine Tree were totally amazing. It was my fourth time and they just get better and better. The sound was incredible and they got several standing ovations.

Good news.

The only problem i had was the number of people that got up to go to the toilet during The Incident! Why cant men hold their drink and didnt they realise that it is a complete work? its a little bit ignorant! *horns*

Yep definitely on the annoying side.

maddox

Freakin' tired, that's how i feel.  :-X :-\

maddox

keyboardistmatt

Bloody knackered! I want a holiday!! >:(
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

Bupie

Quote from: Manatee on Sun, 2009-10-11, 08:32:06
Dare I ask?

Quote from: maddox on Sun, 2009-10-11, 14:50:56
+ 1  ???

Nothing interesting or serious, really  :), I was just a bit shocked by Steve's under the belt joke, especially since it was a response to Bellanova. Some kind of old-fashioned French gallantry, maybe ...

Manatee

Quote from: Bupie on Mon, 2009-10-12, 11:12:11
Nothing interesting or serious, really  :), I was just a bit shocked by Steve's under the belt joke, especially since it was a response to Bellanova. Some kind of old-fashioned French gallantry, maybe ...

Granted I only have television shows to go by, but it seems that's a rather popular topic of humor in England.   ;)    I felt a twinge of the gallantry myself -- perhaps because my aunt married a Frenchman?

Nicky007

One'o the things I like about US movie culture is that kids can sit and watch movies where morons run around and shoot each other and slit each other's throats so that the blood splatters all over the place and the victims look "funny" at close range, but just as soon as there's any hint at sex or somebody says f*k or f*t, then the adults get hysterical and it's "oh my oh my" and X- and R-rated ...  ::)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Manatee

Quote from: Nicky007 on Mon, 2009-10-12, 15:13:34
One'o the things I like about US movie culture is that kids can sit and watch movies where morons run around and shoot each other and slit each other's throats so that the blood splatters all over the place and the victims look "funny" at close range, but just as soon as there's any hint at sex or somebody says f*k or f*t, then the adults get hysterical and it's "oh my oh my" and X- and R-rated ...  ::)

Nicky.

If it's available to you, there's a funny-but-accurate documentary called, "This Film Is Not Yet Rated" that explains why it is that the above is true.  And yes, you are correct: in U.S. film ratings, a breast is generally considered more of a big deal than a beheading.

Manatee

Deflated:

Porcupine Tree is coming to New York!  Last Month!  Doh!