News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

How do you feel right now?

Started by Appelmoes??, Wed, 2005-10-26, 20:39:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Iggy

Quote from: Manatee on Wed, 2009-09-09, 22:29:28
I knew you wouldn't be able to resist.  The delicate matters to which you refer are, of course, of interest (although maybe of a bit too much interest to you?), but to be honest, I'm more excited to have found someone pleasant to go to a prog fest with over here.  There are a decent number of such fests, but it's hard to find people nearby who share that interest.  I guess this one is close enough that if some must-see bands were on the docket, I might even go by myself, but it's always more fun to go with someone, and if I'm going to go to one of the more distant ones (like the one in Pittsburgh), I definitely want company.  Spending 8 hours each way alone in the car is a good way to lose my mind if I for some reason hadn't already lost it that day.

I agree it is definitely more fun to go to gigs with someone. Fortunately Mrs I seems happy to go to gigs unless they are on a school night. The only exceptions so far are Arena and Yes. she missed out on the Spock's Beard/ Frosdt concert though which is a shame.

Steve Jones

Quote from: Iggy on Thu, 2009-09-10, 00:50:13
Fortunately Mrs I seems happy to go to gigs unless they are on a school night.

A schoolgirl!  Lucky you ;D
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

Iggy

Nicky007

Quote from: Manatee on Wed, 2009-09-09, 22:29:28
I knew you wouldn't be able to resist.

Hey, careful with the cream, Greenie  :D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Manatee

Annoyed and confused.

Annoyed because I've had hiccups for two days off and on.  Confused because I have absolutely no clue what Nicky meant about the cream.
"What is that sound?  It's confusing, and boy is it loud!"

Steve Jones

Quote from: Manatee on Thu, 2009-09-10, 18:58:33
Confused because I have absolutely no clue what Nicky meant about the cream.

I'm struggling too.  This 'Polari' can be a bit of a b*gger ;)
Regards, Steve Jones

Manatee

Quote from: Steve Jones on Thu, 2009-09-10, 19:46:31

If I understood correctly, that's precisely what it's supposed to be.   :o

The Butterfly Man

I'm going to buy the new Porcupine Tree and Muse cd's today.

Therefore, I feel great! 8) :D

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

Manatee

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Fri, 2009-09-11, 08:17:33
I'm going to buy the new Porcupine Tree and Muse cd's today.

Therefore, I feel great! 8) :D

Tom

Looks like the Porcupine Tree album comes out next Tuesday here.  Not too bad as North America penalties go.  For some reason, it's extremely cheap.  I think I'll preorder it now.

Nicky007

Quote from: Steve Jones on Thu, 2009-09-10, 19:46:31

;D ;D ;D

Jonesy, you a*h*  :o

Ya just narrowed the meaning of "P*ari"  :D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Iggy

Wet.

My tea has moved from the mug into my keyboard and onto my desk and then onto my leg. What a crap start to the day.  ::)  >:(

Iggy

Annoyed. Spent all day sorting out work issues  >:( >:(

So much for the weekend.  :(

Iggy

A bit nervous. Mrs I goes back to work tomorrow.

Manatee

Quote from: Iggy on Sun, 2009-09-20, 15:46:40
A bit nervous. Mrs I goes back to work tomorrow.

I hope it went well for her.  I assume this is a good thing if she's well enough to go back.

I feel tired and wired.  I've been writing and coding all weekend, and I consumed an unholy amount of caffeine to fuel it.  The amount of pay I'll get for this is minimal -- it's more of a hobby -- but it's not like I've got something better to do atm.

Iggy

Quote from: Manatee on Mon, 2009-09-21, 17:22:11
I hope it went well for her.  I assume this is a good thing if she's well enough to go back.

I feel tired and wired.  I've been writing and coding all weekend, and I consumed an unholy amount of caffeine to fuel it.  The amount of pay I'll get for this is minimal -- it's more of a hobby -- but it's not like I've got something better to do atm.

It didn't. They are a bunch of b*stards. I haven't punched anyone for 40 odd years but i may be persuaded to change my mind. She was there for 12 hours today and 10 hours yesterday.  >:( >:( >:( >:(

And a couple of teary evenings as well.

Manatee

Quote from: Iggy on Tue, 2009-09-22, 23:32:31
It didn't. They are a bunch of b*stards. I haven't punched anyone for 40 odd years but i may be persuaded to change my mind. She was there for 12 hours today and 10 hours yesterday.  >:( >:( >:( >:(

And a couple of teary evenings as well.

That sucks.  You'd think civilized people would be gentle with a lady who's just recovering from surgery.   :-\ 

Iggy

Quote from: Manatee on Wed, 2009-09-23, 01:06:42
That sucks.  You'd think civilized people would be gentle with a lady who's just recovering from surgery.   :-\ 

You'd hope so but alas no. I am encouraging Mrs I to go to the doctors again to make sure she isn't going to damage herself. Hopefully she will get signed off again and that will show them.  :P

maddox

I feel good, yet tired.
I think i'm going to bed.
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Manatee

Quote from: maddox on Wed, 2009-09-23, 23:15:12
I feel good, yet tired.
I think i'm going to bed.

I feel heroic.  I successfully replaced a video card  -- Yes I am that feeble with hardware that I'm proud of this.   :-[

maddox

Quote from: Manatee on Wed, 2009-09-23, 23:18:25
I feel heroic.  I successfully replaced a video card  -- Yes I am that feeble with hardware that I'm proud of this.   :-[

So you still can actually see what you've just typed on the pc-screen?

Marvell you.  8) ;)
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Manatee

Quote from: maddox on Wed, 2009-09-23, 23:20:14
So you still can actually see what you've just typed on the pc-screen?

Marvell you.  8) ;)

Even better, the screen hasn't spontaneously blacked out since I did the installation.   *horns*

Iggy

Quote from: Manatee on Wed, 2009-09-23, 23:18:25

Nice one.

I am rubbish at doing that stuff but I have successfully put a USB2 card into an old PC but resorted to using my mate to replace a CPU.

Steve Jones

Quote from: Iggy on Thu, 2009-09-24, 08:14:28
resorted to using my mate to replace a CPU.

I'm surprised you got the lid back on once he was inside ;)
Regards, Steve Jones

Manatee

Quote from: Iggy on Thu, 2009-09-24, 08:14:28
Nice one.

I am rubbish at doing that stuff but I have successfully put a USB2 card into an old PC but resorted to using my mate to replace a CPU.

I would have to do the same, although I wouldn't call him my mate since over here that tends to imply it's someone you, um, mate with.  Bald bearded males are not high on my list for that particular activity.   :-\

Quote from: Steve Jones on Thu, 2009-09-24, 09:25:28

I'm surprised you got the lid back on once he was inside ;)

;D ;D

Manatee

Really very tired:

I was finally getting some decent sleep, and my mum called and woke me up.   :'(