News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

How do you feel right now?

Started by Appelmoes??, Wed, 2005-10-26, 20:39:46

Previous topic - Next topic

maddox

Quote from: Manatee on Thu, 2009-08-27, 19:16:33
He can count me if he'll buy a round of Guinness.   ;D

In that case, i have at least nine friends.  :P ;)
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Iggy

Happy

One of my friends who lives in Mexico has just given birth to a baby boy and everyone is doing well.  ;D

PH

Quote from: Iggy on Fri, 2009-08-28, 12:26:14
Happy

One of my friends who lives in Mexico has just given birth to a baby boy and everyone is doing well.  ;D

Ahhh that's the good news! ;D
Congratulations!

More good news:
I'm not that confused anymore! ;)

Bupie

I feel/am back from three weeks of vacation where the only webs I crossed were of animal origin  :)

So for the first time since I entered the Room, I have two pages of unread posts that are waiting for me. A hard task indeed but I hope I won't fail ...

And I don't know why but I think I am going to begin with the Transatlantic thread  ;)

Steve Jones

Quote from: Bupie on Mon, 2009-08-31, 10:26:39
I feel/am back from three weeks of vacation where the only webs I crossed were of animal origin  :)

Welcome back :)
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

maddox

I feel tired.

My day started at five AM this morning.

Nicky007

Quote from: Steve Jones on Mon, 2009-08-31, 11:08:22
Welcome back :)

Yeah, I'v been missin ya, Bups  :)

I dished up some French here and there in the Room. Hope ya appreciate it.

I'm now reading Monte-Cristo without a parallel English translation - but I sure need a dictionary. Have both French-English and Le Robert Quotidien.

What did you read and listen to during your holiday, Bups ?

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

maddox

Bupie

Thanks a lot, guys  :)

Well, Nicky, I am reading a saga called Fortune de France, from a famous author named Robert Merle, telling the fictional story of a French protestant who is doctor, noble, spy, soldier and lover during the second half of the 16th century and I fairly advanced the sixth volume (upon thirteen !) these last days. Fascinating, isn't it ?  ;D

I forgot to mention that the hero's only weakness are ... the women. Who would have guessed ?  ;D

Nicky007

Quote from: Bupie on Mon, 2009-08-31, 23:32:26
I forgot to mention that the hero's only weakness are ... the women. Who would have guessed ?  ;D

So that's why you'r reading it, Bups  ;D

Strange, I'v never heard of Robert Merle  ???  (Hope I'm not the only Roomie who hasnt)  :-[

Is Fortune de France some sorta French national literature, like Le Comte de Monte-Cristo, or À la recherche du temps perdu  ?

I find Monte-Cristo utterly fascinating, must say. And now that I'm getting into the French language, I can savor the delicious nuances  *horns*

I'm really plowing thru it, picking up all details, and I'm in awe about how cohesive it is - particularly surprising considering that it's some 600 pages long, and Dumas, père, wrote several more classics, probably of the same high standards  :o

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Bupie

As you will see, Robert Merle is a very prolific and talented author : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Merle

The main difference with Dumas son and father, of course, is that he is a comtemporary author and that he wrote about very diverse subjects.

Fortune de France is not always easy to read since it includes a lot of old French words so it's not the best way to start for a stranger. About the number of pages, I am up to more than 2500 now (written in a very small size :D) and I still have seven volumes to read !

La mort est mon métier could be a good entry to his work.

Nicky007

Quote from: Bupie on Tue, 2009-09-01, 13:28:06
As you will see, Robert Merle is a very prolific and talented author : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Merle

I'd of course been there, Bups (hope you knew that)  ;)

Thanks for the tips  :)

FdF sounds like a tome that could very well grip me too, but sure, I'l wait till my French is better  8)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

aswas

Hey Guys,
Finally back from I hope the last time in hospital. 2nd time in 2 months. Feeling better, kinda weak. Looks like I have a bunch to get caught up on around here. See ya
don't fly... too close to the sun

Manatee

Quote from: aswas on Tue, 2009-09-01, 23:23:23
Hey Guys,
Finally back from I hope the last time in hospital. 2nd time in 2 months. Feeling better, kinda weak. Looks like I have a bunch to get caught up on around here. See ya

Glad to hear you're feeling better, aswas.  I had a double (in, out, in again) hospital experience myself back in '03.  It was no fun to put it mildly.  Here's hoping neither of us ever has to see the inside of a hospital again.

How I feel right now: like I need to reboot my head.   :(
"What is that sound?  It's confusing, and boy is it loud!"

Iggy

Quote from: aswas on Tue, 2009-09-01, 23:23:23
Hey Guys,

Glad to hear you are feeling better.

aswas

Yeah, and thanks ya'll. Gotta get my spirits back up, ya know?
don't fly... too close to the sun

Iggy

I have a headache  :(

I hate sitting at work in front of a PC with a headache.

The Butterfly Man

I'm feeling quite tired. I've been so busy working in my new house the last few weeks! That's also the reason why I haven't been very active here lately. ;) But I'm glad that I can say that it's almost finished now (although a house is never really finished) and I will be moving tomorrow! :)

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

Nicky007

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Fri, 2009-09-04, 08:19:29
I will be moving tomorrow! :)

Great, Tom, congratulations  *horns*

So, who will you be living with ?  Only the ghosts of the house ?  Will Victoria be movin in with ya  ???

Or this there some secret .....  :o

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

maddox

Good for you, Tom .  ;)

I feel rather weekend-isch.

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: Nicky007 on Fri, 2009-09-04, 18:22:39
Great, Tom, congratulations  *horns*

Thanks Nicky!

QuoteSo, who will you be living with ?

Or this there some secret .....  :o

Well, there is some 'secret' (not really a secret but whatever) but I'll be living there alone for now. Let's see how things develop in the coming time... ;)

Quote from: maddox on Fri, 2009-09-04, 19:49:46
Good for you, Tom .  ;)

Thanks, but why the wink? Don't you mean it? >:( ;D

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

maddox

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Tue, 2009-09-08, 13:32:48

Well, there is some 'secret' (not really a secret but whatever) but I'll be living there alone for now. Let's see how things develop in the coming time... ;)

Best course of action.  ;)

QuoteThanks, but why the wink? Don't you mean it? >:( ;D

Tom

:P :P :P

Manatee

Puzzlingly not stressed.

I feel ok right now, which is odd since I shouldn't really.  I'm not about to complain about it though; I can use the break.  Also, I appear to have a date for next year's NEARfest (big prog festival in eastern Pennsylvania).  That's not exactly guaranteed since it isn't for another 10 months or so, but an encouraging development nonetheless.

Nicky007

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Tue, 2009-09-08, 13:32:48
Well, there is some 'secret' (not really a secret but whatever)

;D

Quote from: Manatee on Tue, 2009-09-08, 22:36:56
That's not exactly guaranteed since it isn't for another 10 months or so ...

By that time ya'l need some Vi*a  ;D

... but an encouraging development nonetheless.

Would'v been better with a rising development  :D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Manatee

Quote from: Nicky007 on Wed, 2009-09-09, 16:53:40
By that time ya'l need some Vi*a  ;D

Would'v been better with a rising development  :D
Nicky.

I knew you wouldn't be able to resist.  The delicate matters to which you refer are, of course, of interest (although maybe of a bit too much interest to you?), but to be honest, I'm more excited to have found someone pleasant to go to a prog fest with over here.  There are a decent number of such fests, but it's hard to find people nearby who share that interest.  I guess this one is close enough that if some must-see bands were on the docket, I might even go by myself, but it's always more fun to go with someone, and if I'm going to go to one of the more distant ones (like the one in Pittsburgh), I definitely want company.  Spending 8 hours each way alone in the car is a good way to lose my mind if I for some reason hadn't already lost it that day.