News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

How do you feel right now?

Started by Appelmoes??, Wed, 2005-10-26, 20:39:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Manatee

I feel ill at ease.  I'm attempting to medicate it with Polish prog.

By the way, what on earth are you all talking about?
"What is that sound?  It's confusing, and boy is it loud!"

Nicky007

Quote from: Manatee on Mon, 2009-06-29, 21:33:51
By the way, what on earth are you all talking about?

See, Greenie, it's not on earth:  We're talkin about Hawkwind and Hell, which are respectively above and below  ;D

I feel ill at ease.

I have a good proposal to take away your pain  ;)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

PH

Quote from: Nicky007 on Tue, 2009-06-30, 11:35:43
I have a good proposal to take away your pain  ;)

Hehehe ;D

Yes, you just have to take the time, and wait for sleep.

PH

On topic:

It's too warm... :( I... feel... the... warmth...

Wish I could sit in the backyard with a cold cola in my hand.
Instead, I'm cleaning my room... :P

Not without music though! *horns*

maddox

I feel like a toasty.

A Brazilian kind.  ;D
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

PH

Quote from: maddox on Wed, 2009-07-01, 20:48:58
I feel like a toasty.

A Brazilian kind.  ;D

Fortunately not the Mexican kind. I wouldn't want to lie between two pieces of ham then...

maddox

Iggy

Relieved.

Mrs I had her op yesterday evening.

She wasn't a happy bunny afterwards as she is in a lot of pain  :'(   (thank god for buttons that deliver Morphine)

The surgeon says everything went well though.

Teunis

And the surgeon knows what he's talking about. It sucks watching your wife suffer, I can imagine. Wishing her a speedy recovery, hope she's with you at home soon!
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

Steve Jones

Quote from: Iggy on Fri, 2009-07-03, 09:18:58
Relieved.
Mrs I had her op yesterday evening.

I hope everything continues to go well.  SWMBO here had significant surgery a few years back, not something either of us enjoyed :(

On a far more trivial note, I had a blood test this morning.  For nothing serious at all, but I'd never had one before in my entire life and so was somewhat apprehensive as I didn't know what to expect.  Of course, it's an entirely trivial procedure and I feel silly now when others have to go through things far more invasive.  Curiously, SWMBO has taken herself off to bed as she's in shock.  She has a MAJOR phobia about needles and it seems this extends to me having them - not just her! :o
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

Nicky007

Quote from: Iggy on Fri, 2009-07-03, 09:18:58
The surgeon says everything went well though.

Good news, Iggy.

Here's wishing you guys the best  :)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Manatee

Quote from: Nicky007 on Fri, 2009-07-03, 15:06:36
Good news, Iggy.

Here's wishing you guys the best  :)

Same here.  There seems to be a lot of medical stuff going on in the universe I'm aware of lately.  Fortunately, things seem to be going well for the most part.

Iggy

Thanks

Today I feel like the In-laws are staying.  :)

PH

Pissed... Just came back from church, and was riding on my bike. But suddenly I realised that most of the spokes in my wheel were either missing or disjointed.
So the praying kept on going...
I'm too scared to ever ride that bike again, it might collaps just when I sit on it...

Now I have to buy another bike! >:(

Manatee

Quote from: PH on Sun, 2009-07-05, 11:58:47
Pissed... Just came back from church, and was riding on my bike. But suddenly I realised that most of the spokes in my wheel were either missing or disjointed.
So the praying kept on going...
I'm too scared to ever ride that bike again, it might collaps just when I sit on it...

Now I have to buy another bike! >:(

This happens to be one of the few mechanical things about which I know anything.  Sounds like at worst, your wheel is trashed, in which case, you just need to buy a new wheel (which they do sell without whole bikes), so it shouldn't be as bad as all that.

PH

Quote from: Manatee on Sun, 2009-07-05, 15:49:34
This happens to be one of the few mechanical things about which I know anything.  Sounds like at worst, your wheel is trashed, in which case, you just need to buy a new wheel (which they do sell without whole bikes), so it shouldn't be as bad as all that.

Thanks, but there's more to it. The bicycle chain is somewhat rusted and sometimes blocked (in which case the chain often falls off...). The chain case has fallen off already earlier. The derailleur gears doesn't work, aswell as one of the brakes. And the lamp has fallen off. So the lamp lies down on some way...
This all in one-and-a-half year time!

Yup, this will cost me.

Bupie

Quote from: PH on Sun, 2009-07-05, 22:14:43
Thanks, but there's more to it. The bicycle chain is somewhat rusted and sometimes blocked (in which case the chain often falls off...). The chain case has fallen off already earlier. The derailleur gears doesn't work, aswell as one of the brakes. And the lamp has fallen off. So the lamp lies down on some way...

Nothing that can't be fixed rather easily. But if you are not ready to do it yourself, go to the bicycle shop, ask how much would cost a complete fixing and then compare with the price of a brand new bike. I think you will buy a new bike  ;)

PH

Iggy

Quote from: PH on Mon, 2009-07-06, 11:22:29
Yup. ;)

And then maybe learn what oil and grease are for.  ;D

Manatee

Quote from: PH on Sun, 2009-07-05, 22:14:43

Yup, this will cost me.

In that case, yeah.    :-\

Quote from: Bupie on Mon, 2009-07-06, 11:21:15
Nothing that can't be fixed rather easily. But if you are not ready to do it yourself, go to the bicycle shop, ask how much would cost a complete fixing and then compare with the price of a brand new bike. I think you will buy a new bike  ;)

Most likely correct.  Getting things fixed costs a lot.  I have a dent in my car that I'd love to get fixed, but I can't justify the expense.  They charge crazy amounts to fix that, and it doesn't affect how the car runs at all.

Or, you could come over here and borrow my bike since apparently I'm too lazy to ride it anymore.  I've been trying to motivate myself to get back on it, but so far I haven't done much.  Pity, I loved riding when I was into it.

maddox

I feel tired.
I'm going to bed.

Iggy

Happy.

Just about to hoover the house and then it's off to hospital to bring Mrs I home.

Fantastic.   ;D

PH

Quote from: Iggy on Tue, 2009-07-07, 09:43:43
Happy.

Just about to hoover the house and then it's off to hospital to bring Mrs I home.

Fantastic.   ;D

That is GREAT Iggy!
What a birthday present! :)

Steve Jones

Annoyed

Our internet connection is sh*te at the moment >:(
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: Steve Jones on Tue, 2009-07-07, 09:45:54
Annoyed

Our internet connection is sh*te at the moment >:(

At least you're still able to post here... ;)

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...