News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

How do you feel right now?

Started by Appelmoes??, Wed, 2005-10-26, 20:39:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Bupie

Quote from: Manatee on Wed, 2009-05-20, 19:05:34
This being the case, I may not need you to come make threatening noises in French, Bupie, although if you felt like flying to Pittsburgh (famed for, well, not much, other than a failing steel industry and people who talk funny), we could go see the Three Rivers Prog festival, which includes IQ and It Bites this year.  Best not wear the brie pajamas there though, as the locals may not be cultured enough to appreciate it.   ;)

That sounds attractive  :)  Is not the Three Rivers the Steelers' stadium ? When I think of Pittsburgh, I first think of the Steelers' ex-coach (can't remember his name right now but as a clue he's got moustaches) who, to be honest, epitomizes the bad/worst sides of American society  :(  I don't think I would have the unhappiness to meet him in your Prog festival, though ...

Back to topic. Feeling exhausted after three days of climbing (few), moiuntain biking (very few) and rose wine drinking (a lot !). I left the beer to the guests ...

maddox

I feel good. Tired but good.
It has been a productive day.
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Manatee

Still tired but I don't wish I was dead like I did yesterday.  Went to a very fun Memorial Day party on Saturday, but I had a little too much fun and paid for it in a big way the next day.

Quote from: Bupie on Mon, 2009-05-25, 10:01:08
That sounds attractive  :)  Is not the Three Rivers the Steelers' stadium ? When I think of Pittsburgh, I first think of the Steelers' ex-coach (can't remember his name right now but as a clue he's got moustaches) who, to be honest, epitomizes the bad/worst sides of American society  :(  I don't think I would have the unhappiness to meet him in your Prog festival, though ...

Three Rivers Stadium was indeed the former home of the Steelers (also the Pirates baseball team), but it's been all the rage to build new stadia lately, and both teams have new ones now.  Not sure which Steelers coach you mean -- they've had a few well-known ones, but I don't recall any that were particularly controversial.  Pittsburgh sits at the intersection of three rivers: the Ohio, the Allegheny, and the Monongahela, so I imagine they've got a lot of things called "Three Rivers" there.
"What is that sound?  It's confusing, and boy is it loud!"

Manatee

Can hangovers last three days?   I had a "big day" on Saturday, and not only don't I feel like drinking, I don't even feel like eating.   :-\
"What is that sound?  It's confusing, and boy is it loud!"

maddox

Quote from: Manatee on Tue, 2009-05-26, 18:10:09
Can hangovers last three days?   I had a "big day" on Saturday, and not only don't I feel like drinking, I don't even feel like eating.   :-\

That depends how much you drank.  ;)

I feel ... okay.
That's it. Just okay.

PH

I feel... also okay.

The weather is fine and so am I.
;)

The Butterfly Man

I feel good because:

- The weather is great
- There's a long weekend ahead
- Only 2 more 'workdays' after that, then it's Cuba-time next friday
- I just pre-ordered the Deluxe Edition of Dream Theater's new album!

8)

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

bellanova

I feel ok cos the weather is lovely and im going to see a Genesis tribute band tomorrow with my ex. What with that and tennis on the tv....... :)

Nicky007

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Fri, 2009-05-29, 10:18:59
- Only 2 more 'workdays' after that, then it's Cuba-time next friday

So what music will you be taking with you ?

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

PH

Quote from: Nicky007 on Fri, 2009-05-29, 13:41:31

Nicky.

Perhaps his desert island discs.

Nicky007

I was thinkin that Tom could take his mp3 or ipod to Cuba too  ;)

And maybe he wants to take his sparkling new DT vinyls to Cuba to play'm on the sets there  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Steve Jones

Quote from: Nicky007 on Fri, 2009-05-29, 15:55:00
And maybe he wants to take his sparkling new DT vinyls to Cuba to play'm on the sets there  ;D

Are the DT vinyls 78rpm, then? ;D
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: Nicky007 on Fri, 2009-05-29, 13:41:31

Quote from: Nicky007 on Fri, 2009-05-29, 15:55:00
I was thinkin that Tom could take his mp3 or ipod to Cuba too  ;)

Indeed, I'll just take my iPod so I have a large part of my music-collection with me!

QuoteAnd maybe he wants to take his sparkling new DT vinyls to Cuba to play'm on the sets there  ;D

Sadly DT's new album won't be released until the 19th of June, so I have to wait until I get back home from Cuba. Hmm, why did I pre-order it in the first place? Now I have to come back from Cuba after all... :-\ ;)

Tom

maddox

I feel good.
I just saw a show of that dude who did Achmed, the dead terrorist. Now i personally think that that show is overrated, big time, but the show he did with the other doll ... i laughed my socks off.  ;D

Steve Jones

K-nackered

As it was clearly going to be a hot one today I thought I'd mow the lawn early.  Boy, am I glad I did! :o
Regards, Steve Jones

bellanova

Los Endos were good last night. Its so good to hear some classic old Genesis stuff!

The Butterfly Man

I feel excited, I just finished my last day at work, so now it's Cuba-time! *horns*

The plane leaves friday morning but I've got a lot of things still to do tomorrow so I guess this is my goodbye for now. I'll still be around tonight though so if you've got something to say, you better say it now! ;D

Take care guys, and I'll 'see' you when I get back!

:-*

Tom

Steve Jones

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Wed, 2009-06-03, 20:12:05
I feel excited, I just finished my last day at work, so now it's Cuba-time! *horns*

Have a good 'un *horns*
Regards, Steve Jones

maddox

The plane leaves friday morning but I've got a lot of things still to do tomorrow so I guess this is my goodbye for now. I'll still be around tonight though so if you've got something to say, you better say it now! ;D

Tom

Happy holidays/vacation/time off/ sayanora, Tom.

You know the ingredients: Lots of photo's when you return.  ;D
Either here, or on Hyves.  ;)

PH

Tom

You lucky man!
Have a GREAT time there! And I wish you a safe trip!
I'm very interested in nice photos, so make sure you'll take the right ones! ;)

-Paco

Iggy

Have a great time Tom, bring me back a cigar.  ;D

The Butterfly Man

Thanks a lot guys!!! *horns*

Mad, Paco, rest assured: I'll take lots of pictures!

And Iggy, too bad I won't fly over England (Amsterdam - Madrid - Havana) otherwise I'd have bought you a cigar! :D

Tom

Nicky007

Glad, and shameful:

Just read that a vote in the Dutch Parliament has banned all mink fur production per 2018 ( that can seem a loong time ahead, but ok, I' m willing to give the farmers some time to adjust). In Denmark we're not even close to such a ban, while in Sweden it's goin back and forth (they just got a liberal government recently, so it's "back").

Mink production is one of the vilest things on earth, as it's mistreatment of animals solely for making fancy women appear (in their own and peer's eyes) even fancier. At least with meat production, it's democratic, as everybody - minus veggies - gets a kick outta it.

China, Denmark and Netherlands are currently the biggest mink producers. With China, we can wait a real looong time, cause they care f.a. about animals, in fact often they don't even seem to care about some of their human citizens. Yeah, that's "communism" for you  :P

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Nicky007

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Wed, 2009-06-03, 22:33:32
Thanks a lot guys!!! *horns*

Yeah, also I wish you a great trip, Tom. (I'm sure you'l be goin on the internet in Cuba, with a cigar puffin outta yer mouth (and promise me to put on Wish You Were Here then))  ;D

And take care. Stick around with friendly people, and don't go off on your own - some good advice from an oldie, who wants you back in good shape  :)

And tell us if you hear some good music over there (or drink some good beer)  ;)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

keyboardistmatt

...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt