News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

How do you feel right now?

Started by Appelmoes??, Wed, 2005-10-26, 20:39:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Manatee

Quote from: Iggy on Mon, 2009-04-13, 23:20:14
Oops sorry.  :P

Unless you're secretly part of the U.S. Congress that makes all the confusing laws, you're not to blame.   ;)
"What is that sound?  It's confusing, and boy is it loud!"

Iggy

I feel good.

I am at home on Holiday.

We have just been to the vets who say the cat is going to be fine. With her collar off she has turned into a whirling dervish.

The sun is shining  and all is well.

And I no longer have to do tax forms because I'm apparently very boring according to the taxman.

Steve Jones

Quote from: Iggy on Tue, 2009-04-14, 14:44:47
We have just been to the vets who say the cat is going to be fine. With her collar off she has turned into a whirling dervish.

Excellent news!  But the whirling dervish is worrying - prop open all the doors and tie your wife's hands behind her back! ;D ;D
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

Manatee

I feel somewhat less like the tree that was being chopped -- I finished my tax forms last night.  If I made any errors, I'll refer the government to Iggy as the expert.   ;D

maddox

I'm feeling... .. .

GO REEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSSSS!

*horns* *horns* *horns* *horns* *horns*
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Iggy

Quote from: maddox on Tue, 2009-04-14, 21:33:44
I'm feeling... .. .

Yay but there is still a long way to go.

maddox

Quote from: Iggy on Tue, 2009-04-14, 21:40:27
Yay but there is still a long way to go.

True word.

Let's sent them positive vibes shall we?  ;D

maddox

PH

Hmm... I guess the reds weren't doing so good?

I'm feeling tired...

maddox

Iggy

Quote from: maddox on Tue, 2009-04-14, 22:47:05
Multiplied by 10.  :'(

It was an awesome match though.  8)

How close was that one goal needed with 7 mins to go. Hey ho there is always next year.

Manatee

Quote from: maddox on Tue, 2009-04-14, 21:33:44
I'm feeling... .. .

Somehow I'm guessing this isn't referring to the baseball team from Cincinnati.

maddox

Quote from: Manatee on Tue, 2009-04-14, 23:08:05
Somehow I'm guessing this isn't referring to the baseball team from Cincinnati.

Not even close.  ;)

bellanova

Oh dear! Am i the only Arsenal fan? Come on you GOONERS!!!

Bupie

Quote from: Iggy on Tue, 2009-04-14, 22:50:25
How close was that one goal needed with 7 mins to go. Hey ho there is always next year.

What an extraordinary game !!!

A bit of technics to make Liverpool fans even more disappointed (if possible). I saw the third goal of Chelsea again and it's interesting to describe it.

First there is a huge foul from a Blues (Malouda ?), that badly tackles a Red (Lucas ?) by behind, that the referee doesn't call  :P Then Ballack intercepts the ball and makes a fantastic pass but a Red is late (Lucas again ?), preventing Drogba to be offside and a few seconds later the same Red lets Lampard go alone in the six-yards.

So three important mistakes (I could have also pointed a bad clearance of a Red on Ballack's interception but it came just after the referee's bad decision and the Blues were squeezing hard)  to give the Blues an overall three goals lead.

Just a few minutes after, Lucas scored a goal to partly redeem himself, though.

Quote from: bellanova on Wed, 2009-04-15, 10:41:37

God, what a forum ! You find girls that like metal and/or soccer  8)  Hey, Bella, since half the team and the coach are French, I like Arsenal too. If Porto beats MU (which I doubt), in a few weeks the Gunners could have their revenge of the loss against  Barcelona in the 2006 finals  ;)

Steve Jones

Quote from: Bupie on Wed, 2009-04-15, 11:00:32
God, what a forum ! You find girls that like metal and/or soccer  8) 

It certainly gives one hope.  Presumably, somewhere out there girls can be found who even like me.  Presumably.  Statistically.  Somewhere... ;)
Regards, Steve Jones

Manatee

Quote from: Steve Jones on Wed, 2009-04-15, 11:30:46
It certainly gives one hope.  Presumably, somewhere out there girls can be found who even like me.  Presumably.  Statistically.  Somewhere... ;)

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but aren't you married to one (or does liking fly out the window after a certain number of years)?

God, what a forum ! You find girls that like metal and/or soccer  8) 

Have I been cowed into silence on a misunderstanding?  Do people in Europe really call soccer soccer?

And for the record.  Yay for girls.  Especially ones who haven't done me deep psychological damage yet.

Steve Jones

Quote from: Manatee on Wed, 2009-04-15, 11:39:27
Correct me if I'm mistaken, but aren't you married to one (or does liking fly out the window after a certain number of years)?

An aversion to washing & ironing precludes further discourse ;D

Quote from: Manatee on Wed, 2009-04-15, 11:39:27
Do people in Europe really call soccer soccer?

Not that often, if truth be told.  Which begs the question, is France really in Europe? ;)
Regards, Steve Jones

Manatee

Quote from: Steve Jones on Wed, 2009-04-15, 11:44:34
Not that often, if truth be told.  Which begs the question, is France really in Europe? ;)

Fascinating.  Interestingly, it seems that, very generally speaking, the British government tends to approve of the U.S. government, while the actual U.K. citizens think we're a bunch of wankers.   On the other hand, the French government practically always treats us like a bunch of a**holes, but actual Frenchmen tend to be surprisingly friendly.  The only conclusion I can reach from this is you should all take up baseball, which is a proper sport.   ;D

Steve Jones

Quote from: Manatee on Wed, 2009-04-15, 11:53:21
The only conclusion I can reach from this is you should all take up baseball, which is a proper sport.   ;D

I gather it's being seriously considered in Liverpool, after last night ;)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/7996905.stm

Edit: no disrespect meant concerning the dreadful Hillsborough tradegy in which 96 Liverpool fans died :'(
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7999279.stm
Regards, Steve Jones

funkster

As today is 20 years since 96 Liverpool fans lost their lives at Hillsborough i am feeling both sad and angry that such a tragedy happened.

You'll never walk alone and we will never allow you to be forgotten

Steve Jones

Quote from: funkster on Wed, 2009-04-15, 12:10:46

I remember vividly where I was when the dreadful events unfolded on the news, in much the same way they say folk do concerning JFK's shooting :(
Regards, Steve Jones

funkster

Quote from: Steve Jones on Wed, 2009-04-15, 12:14:16
I remember vividly where I was when the dreadful events unfolded on the news, in much the same way they say folk do concerning JFK's shooting :(

Same with me. I can remember my mum saying the radio was reporting crowd trouble and all i could think of was "oh no , not Heysel again."

I was numb at the time and it was not until i watched the Football focus feature on saturday that the emotion hit and i spent 20 minutes just crying 

Iggy

I may be a Liverpool fan but hopefully Arsenal will win tonight.

On Hillsborough.

Fully 1/3 of the dead where teenagers.

Hopefully one day there will be justice for the 96.

maddox

Apparently.  :D

What an extraordinary game !!!

A bit of technics to make Liverpool fans even more disappointed (if possible). I saw the third goal of Chelsea again and it's interesting to describe it.

First there is a huge foul from a Blues (Malouda ?), that badly tackles a Red (Lucas ?) by behind, that the referee doesn't call  :P Then Ballack intercepts the ball and makes a fantastic pass but a Red is late (Lucas again ?), preventing Drogba to be offside and a few seconds later the same Red lets Lampard go alone in the six-yards.

So three important mistakes (I could have also pointed a bad clearance of a Red on Ballack's interception but it came just after the referee's bad decision and the Blues were squeezing hard)  to give the Blues an overall three goals lead.

Just a few minutes after, Lucas scored a goal to partly redeem himself, though.

God, what a forum ! You find girls that like metal and/or soccer  8)  Hey, Bella, since half the team and the coach are French, I like Arsenal too. If Porto beats MU (which I doubt), in a few weeks the Gunners could have their revenge of the loss against  Barcelona in the 2006 finals  ;)

Actually i think that the goal of Drogba is Reina's fault. No one should ever score from out of that angle. The horror.  :-\
That goal of Alex (what's in a name  ;D) is a beauty if i may say so. What a goal!

Quote from: funkster on Wed, 2009-04-15, 12:10:46
As today is 20 years since 96 Liverpool fans lost their lives at Hillsborough i am feeling both sad and angry that such a tragedy happened.

Amen to that, Funkster.  :(