News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

How do you feel right now?

Started by Appelmoes??, Wed, 2005-10-26, 20:39:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Jones

Cold

All that nice sunshine over the weekend hides the fact that it's still bl**dy cold in the mornings.  Just been standing talking to the next-door neighbour (another member of the brotherhood of dog-walkers) and comparing notes as we've both got dogs that have recently had strokes.  Amazing how quickly your body temperature drops when you stand still and yap...
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

Iggy

Quote from: Steve Jones on Mon, 2009-03-30, 09:52:07
Cold

All that nice sunshine over the weekend hides the fact that it's still bl**dy cold in the mornings.  Just been standing talking to the next-door neighbour (another member of the brotherhood of dog-walkers) and comparing notes as we've both got dogs that have recently had strokes.  Amazing how quickly your body temperature drops when you stand still and yap...

Yep I was scrapping the ice of my car this morning again I thought we'd finished with that malarky.

PH

I feel... sad...

Last saturday it was the birthday of a friend of mine. So in the evening we all went to her place, and my ex girlfriend was there too. I talked to her and I still think and feel there's this 'chemistry' between us. It's very difficult... I'm still in love with her... :( And sometimes (like this) I miss her very much... :'(

I just had to write (type) it off me.

Iggy

Quote from: PH on Mon, 2009-03-30, 12:11:27
I feel... sad...

Last saturday it was the birthday of a friend of mine. So in the evening we all went to her place, and my ex girlfriend was there too. I talked to her and I still think and feel there's this 'chemistry' between us. It's very difficult... I'm still in love with her... :( And sometimes (like this) I miss her very much... :'(

I just had to write (type) it off me.

Yep it's always difficult meeting up with ex's.

It doesn't get easier you just get more used to it. 2 of my ex's are godparents to some of my relatives children  which meant that I would still see them often whether I wanted to or not.

PH

Quote from: Iggy on Mon, 2009-03-30, 18:48:19

Well, yes.
There were two other ex's at the party too. ;D
One was my girlfriend for a week (almost ten years ago...) and the other one turned out to be a b*tch, so good riddance... :P

But my recent ex-girlfriend was my girlfriend for more than three years. And somehow I cannot forget her.
And she gave me hints that she can't forget me either... She has been through a "down period", so it could be that it's gotta do with it. I'm not so sure...
It's a bit of a crazy situation, and I don't know why I am telling you all this. :D :D

Ah, but I feel a bit better now. ;)

Still stressed though... Tomorrow my mentor will take a look at how I teach the children a lesson (literally).
And last friday it went totally wrong in that class... So I'm preparing a doom scenario...

-Paco

Manatee

Quote from: PH on Mon, 2009-03-30, 19:59:47
It's a bit of a crazy situation, and I don't know why I am telling you all this. :D :D

Somehow it always seem crazy after fact no matter how it goes.   :-\

Quote from: Iggy on Mon, 2009-03-30, 18:48:19

It doesn't get easier you just get more used to it.

Well said, sir.

I feel your pain, Paco.  Now I need to go play something loud that none of my exes would like, so I can stop feeling it.   ;)
"What is that sound?  It's confusing, and boy is it loud!"

Nicky007

Quote from: PH on Mon, 2009-03-30, 19:59:47
One was my girlfriend for a week (almost ten years ago...)

Hardly a consummated affair, I mean, you would'v been about eleven  :-\

Yeah, relationships cause a lot of suffering ... until maybe one fine day, if you're lucky, ya find (who turns out to be) the one and only, and that's the beginning of a real adventure  :)

Nicky.

So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

PH

Quote from: Nicky007 on Mon, 2009-03-30, 23:16:49
Hardly a consummated affair, I mean, you would'v been about eleven  :-\

;D Yeah. It meant nothing of course. ;)

Quote from: Nicky007 on Mon, 2009-03-30, 23:16:49
Yeah, relationships cause a lot of suffering ... until maybe one fine day, if you're lucky, ya find (who turns out to be) the one and only, and that's the beginning of a real adventure  :)

Yeah, but I was sooo sure she was the right one for me. And to be honest, I still haven't found anyone like her. I think I would have a hard time not thinking about her, when in a new relationship... :-\
Ok, that sounds stupid but...

Nicky007

Quote from: PH on Tue, 2009-03-31, 17:03:34
Ok, that sounds stupid but...

No no, not at all  :)

Yeah, but I was sooo sure she was the right one for me.

Well, maybe she is. But be patient and don't push too hard. Just be around, and enjoy her company when the occasion arises naturally.

Ms 007 and I were friends for almost two years before we took the leap. And it's been a real adventure right from the beginning, including the friendship phase  :)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Iggy

Hear hear.

friendships are the best (imo) but not the most exciting way to start relationships.

Nicky007

Iggy, are you the screwdriver ?  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

The Butterfly Man

"Birds flying high you know how I feel
Sun in the sky you know how I feel
Reeds driftin' on by you know how I feel

It's a new dawn
It's a new day
It's a new life
For me
And I'm feeling good

Fish in the sea you know how I feel
River running free you know how I feel
blossom in the trees you know how I feel

It's a new dawn
It's a new day
It's a new life
For me
And I'm feeling good

Dragonfly out in the sun you know what I mean, don't you know
Butterflies all havin' fun you know what I mean
Sleep in peace when day is done
And this old world is a new world
And a bold world
For me

Stars when you shine you know how I feel
Scent of the pine you know how I feel
Oh freedom is mine
And I know how I feel

It's a new dawn
It's a new day
It's a new life
For me
And I'm feeling good"

I guess that sums it al up! :)

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

maddox

Nice lyric, Tom.  :)

Now feeling: Nervous.

I just applied for a new job.  :-\
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: maddox on Wed, 2009-04-01, 10:59:58

Best of luck then! :)

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

Steve Jones

Yeah, best of luck Sir Maddox *horns*
Regards, Steve Jones

PH

Iggy

Bupie

Steve Jones

Content

Smallest cat is curled up on my lap.  Having got past the 'testicular shredding' phase she's now in purr mode 8)
Regards, Steve Jones

Manatee

Quote from: maddox on Wed, 2009-04-01, 10:59:58

Good luck from me as well.  I'm going to have to do something along those lines myself before too long.  Anyone know of any jobs that call for talking to Europeans who like obscure music (EWLOM's) about Marmite while drinking Guinness in the middle of the night?

Quote from: Steve Jones on Thu, 2009-04-02, 20:45:49
Content

Smallest cat is curled up on my lap.  Having got past the 'testicular shredding' phase she's now in purr mode 8)

I know that phase.  And cats all seem to revert to it when they figure out I'm allergic to them.   :-\

On topic - Feeling puzzled.  I'm not sure which of the several tasks I've got to do should be avoided first.

Steve Jones

Quote from: Manatee on Thu, 2009-04-02, 22:09:28
I know that phase.  And cats all seem to revert to it when they figure out I'm allergic to them.   :-\

I think they're taught how to perform a tacklostomy at feline finishing school :o

Quote from: Manatee on Thu, 2009-04-02, 22:09:28
On topic - Feeling puzzled.  I'm not sure which of the several tasks I've got to do should be avoided first.

Knock up some kind of wall chart or project plan, always good for putting things off 8)
Regards, Steve Jones

Iggy

Quote from: Steve Jones on Thu, 2009-04-02, 22:33:16

Knock up some kind of wall chart or project plan, always good for putting things off 8)

Do i detect a man that not only works in IT but works on projects as well?

Manatee you should probably organise a meeting as well  ;D

Manatee

Quote from: Iggy on Thu, 2009-04-02, 23:20:01
Manatee you should probably organise a meeting as well  ;D

I had an online meeting night before last.  As usual, I got on 45 minutes after it started, and also as usual, I missed nothing.   ;D

Iggy

Quote from: Manatee on Thu, 2009-04-02, 23:23:56
I had an online meeting night before last.  As usual, I got on 45 minutes after it started, and also as usual, I missed nothing.   ;D

Never had one of those do they work? Or is it just more Bullsh*t

Manatee

Quote from: Iggy on Thu, 2009-04-02, 23:25:32
Never had one of those do they work? Or is it just more Bullsh*t

Obviously it's just more bs, but it has the advantage that nobody can tell if you ignore it and play Minesweeper or go to the loo.

This particularly thingy is a totally online endeavor with people all over the place, so it's online by necessity.  Sounds pretty good on the face of it, but it doesn't generate much in the way of income.  Really more of a hobby.