News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

How do you feel right now?

Started by Appelmoes??, Wed, 2005-10-26, 20:39:46

Previous topic - Next topic

bellanova

Awww really sorry to hear of your loss Nicky. I lost my cat 7 years ago and still miss her. I cried for weeks. She had a tumour in her mouth so i had to have her put to sleep. It broke my heart. It does get easier though in time.

maddox

Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Iggy

I'm really sorry for you as well Nicky.

It has bought it all back.

Time heals but we never forget.

:'( :'( :'(

Teunis

Quote from: maddox on Fri, 2009-02-20, 14:30:16
I feel like sh*te.  :-\ :-\ :-\
Come on. Hey, it's weekend you know. Hope you're feeling better soon.
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

keyboardistmatt

...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

bellanova

Im stressed out and got heart palpitations!

PH

Quote from: bellanova on Sat, 2009-02-21, 14:50:38

That sucks.
I often have heart palpitations too. (It runs in the family.)

-Paco

bluepony

Quote from: Nicky007 on Thu, 2009-02-19, 17:00:03
So Pusle's gone for good  :-* :'(

She died last night. This mo(u)rning at 8 I got up and went to check up on her. Her breathing had stopped and she was cold. She had stretched out her body and paws like a kitten  :-* :-*

I had to borrow some extra kleenex from my neighbor  :'( :'(

This afternoon I put her lying on her princess-cushion into the transport box and delivered her to our nice local vet  :'( :'( :'(

Guess I'l have to change my icon if I'm to survive  :'( :'( :'( :'( .....

Nicky.

Nicky - you may not expect that from me, but I'm really sad to hear that.  :'(

bluepony

Quote from: bellanova on Sat, 2009-02-21, 14:50:38

Uh-oh. Sounds like it's time for a holiday for you... hope you'll be able to de-stress soon!

Nicky007

Bella and Bluey, thanks to you ladies too. Yes, Bluey, I believe you, I know that you have a lot of empathy and love animals. Guess that's also a reason why you're veggie. (I just like raggin ya.)  ;D :)

Yeah, Bella, those tumors are really vile. Both of my cats were finished off by tumors, Pusle with one on the back left side, Tjavs with one on her leg  :'(

I won't be able to have a pet for a while.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

bellanova

Yes Nicky, i couldnt have a pet for a long while but now i feel ready for a new one. I dont have kids but my cat was my baby and the grief was often unbearable. Tine is a graet healer though and at least you have the memories. No one can take those from you.

Bluey, id love a holiday but funds just wont stretch that far unless i go camping like last year but no longer having my camping man i guess i cant even do that!! :(

Nicky007

Yeah Bella, camping alone aint fun. I tried that twice, some 20 years ago, with my motorbike, first time in France, second in Norway. I had a lot of great experiences, drove thru some terrific landscapes, and visited some marvellous chateaux along the Loire, but the evenings and mornings were very lonely. After the second time, I decided never again to go on holidays alone.

It's of course nicest with a lover, but a good friend can do too.

You're right about the memories. All considered, I don't regret a bit that I had my two lovely cats. I just don't know whether I wanna go thru the loss once more  :-\

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

bluepony

Quote from: Nicky007 on Sun, 2009-02-22, 10:43:24
... Bluey, I believe you, I know that you have a lot of empathy and love animals. Guess that's also a reason why you're veggie. (I just like raggin ya.)  ;D :)
Well, actually I'm a veggie because I don't like meat - and in the meantime my body has forgotten how to deal with it anyway, so it doesn't do me any good when I eat some... but of course I do love animals (well, as long as they don't have more than, let's say, 6 legs) and especially my pets!

Quote from: Nicky007 on Sun, 2009-02-22, 10:43:24
I won't be able to have a pet for a while.
Maybe not in the next future. But I'm sure you'll find another cat that'll be worth it! Just needs a little time...

Quote from: bellanova on Sun, 2009-02-22, 12:06:34
Bluey, id love a holiday but funds just wont stretch that far unless i go camping like last year but no longer having my camping man i guess i cant even do that!! :(
Well, maybe we should share our problems - I have the financial background, but will probably not get much vacation this year due to my colleague being pregnant (and we haven't found a replacement for her yet...).  :(

Nicky007

Quote from: bluepony on Mon, 2009-02-23, 17:17:39

Well, actually I'm a veggie because I don't like meat - and in the meantime my body has forgotten how to deal with it anyway, so it doesn't do me any good when I eat some... but of course I do love animals (well, as long as they don't have more than, let's say, 6 legs) and especially my pets!

I like 2-legged pets best (but not the type that cackle a lot)  :D

Cats, dogs, lambs, goat kids, horses, calves, and monkeys are real sweet too.

Are you off fish and fowl too, Bluey ?

Which pets do you have ?

Maybe not in the next future. But I'm sure you'll find another cat that'll be worth it! Just needs a little time...

Make that "a long time". But I might do some more petsitting for friends. Love'm little bastards  :-*

Well, maybe we should share our problems - I have the financial background, but will probably not get much vacation this year due to my colleague being pregnant (and we haven't found a replacement for her yet...).  :(

You could solve the problem by gettin pregnant yourself, Bluey. I guess you must know how by now. A little Clive Jr. - hey better stop !  ::)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

PH

bluepony

Quote from: Nicky007 on Mon, 2009-02-23, 17:45:20
Are you off fish and fowl too, Bluey ?

Nope, although I don't actually die for it, if you know what I mean. As long as I can get a piece of fish without fishbones, I'm happy!

Which pets do you have ?

Two birds (budgies) - one as crazy as the other, but very funny. I've always had budgies since my first birthday, but obviously not the same ones. The ones we have at the moment are called "Paco" (pure coincidence!!) and "Speedy" (as in "Speedy Gonzalez" because he's so quick that he escaped at the zoo shop when we bought him). They're number 12 and 13 I think...

Make that "a long time". But I might do some more petsitting for friends. Love'm little bastards  :-*

I love cats too, but unfortunately I'm allergic... so I'll never have one of my own!  :'(

You could solve the problem by gettin pregnant yourself, Bluey.
Me - pregnant?! :o :o :o    NO WAY!!! Not for all the money in the world. Or as Nick Harradence said, "Thanks, but no thanks!". (Don't think he was talking about kids, though. Or maybe... well... thinking about it... could be... but in another sense... ;))

Iggy

Shattered.

Too many angry people at work.

especially as some seem angry at me.  :o

Nicky007

Happy and relieved to be back in the Room  :)

This afternoon I departed for good from the Neverboard, Nevermore's official site at Ultimatemetal.com.

God, was this an unpleasant experience !!!

The board has existed for eight years now, and it's become a very closed brotherhood (including a few very special female types). They are extremely suspicious about all newcomers and treat them harshly. They discuss all sorts of fanciful things, often in a rather gothic style, the fave subject being food, and only rarely touch upon Nevermore and related groups.

Nevermore being my fave group, I felt I was entitled to being there, and I tried to contribute to and start some music threads, but man, was I thwarted each time, STFU and You fucking prick being some of the vocabulary flung at me. They claimed that they had been thru all the stuff I proposed, but they sure werent helpful in guiding me to pertinent threads. In the end, in response to a rather neutral post I had written, one of the members, Calamitas something with a grim mask icon, quoted three of my words and simply wrote "Leave.", and this was seconded by another member. I was shaken to my bones.

I had never imagined that a group like Nevermore could attract such grim types, altho I'm aware that they move into tricky ground.

The image that arose in my mind was that of Tom Cruise's character being met with those weird events in the country mansion in Kubrick's Eyes Wide Shut.

After regaining my cool and some rumination, I wrote back:

"Yeah, right.

This place is more Skull'n'Bones and burgers than Nevermore and music. Seems like the guys don't care much for it either.

Maybe you guys should consider some changes. I know that there are some serious people around here too.

Meanwhile I'm off to look up my fave group other places - and I won't read your replies, so don't bother ....."

This experience makes me cherish the Room much more.

I think that we have a friendly atmosphere here, we talk about interesting matters in an open and respectful way, and we treat newcomers well. Isnt that so ?

And we should make sure to keep it that way.

So Iggy, I had an experience similar to yours.

Guys, I remember that about a year ago some of you mentioned unpleasant experiences when visiting some music forums. Would be interesting to hear about'm  ;)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

PH

Nicky, that's horrible.
I can't believe it... Why do people want to be rude all the time...
They're probably very young and in a "society-sucks-and-I-bite-heads-off-bats"-phase.

-Paco

Manatee

Quote from: Nicky007 on Mon, 2009-02-23, 22:37:56
Guys, I remember that about a year ago some of you mentioned unpleasant experiences when visiting some music forums. Would be interesting to hear about'm  ;)

I guess I was lucky to happen upon the Room as my first music board.  I've been on a few other forums for other interests, and while I haven't personally been attacked as directly as you were, Nicky, they've all had some degree of pointless insults and intentional disruptiveness.   That's one reason I don't frequent more forums -- that sort of thing tends to raise my blood pressure.  I only signed up for this one after lurking for awhile and being impressed with the atmosphere.
"What is that sound?  It's confusing, and boy is it loud!"

Steve Jones

There are many forums (music and otherwise) that, to me, are spoilt by a high percentage of beligerent knuckle draggers - although I'm sure they're just as happy in their comfort zone as I am elsewhere.  It's just a matter of finding a place full of what you consider to be 'like-minded souls' and The Shattered Room seems to work for me. 8)

I suspect this place just isn't big enought to make it worth trolling...
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

Nicky007

Quote from: PH on Mon, 2009-02-23, 22:57:39
They're probably very young and in a "society-sucks-and-I-bite-heads-off-bats"-phase.

You're probably right about that, Paxi. Most of them seemed very young, just outa school, many of them plying lousy jobs, and others in the Army. Rather surprised about that, cause altho Nevermore are very critical about present civilisation, Warrel Dane, the singer, is 47 y/o and a very mature person (also weird, but I'm probably a bit like that too  ;D ), and he has a to me clear philosophical perspective to all his lyrics. But I guess most of the guys on the Neverboard miss that perspective.

In all fairness I have to add that there were some decent and intelligent people there too, as I also mentioned in my valedictory post. They were of course not amongst those who accosted me, or only slightly. What they think about this whole Skull'n'Bones thingy I never found out, but maybe they'l feel more uncomfortable about it after my visit.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Bupie

Yes, this happened to me too on some mountain biking forums. And I noticed it often as a guest on many others, musical or not.

You have to deal with it but I understand how disturbing it can be to be publicly insulted without serious reason, especially by people you thought you would share the same passion with ...

I think you chose the right option. And I agree too that it's better for you not to go and read the possible answers to your last post if you don't want to get hurt more.

Maybe it will also help you to realize that mentioning a fellow forum's member real name in a post without asking his approval before -like you did with mine with no bad intention at all, I know  ;)- can become pretty annoying when things get bad  :(

Today I'm happy/excited because tonight I'm gonna watch the Lyon-Barcelona soccer game at home with my two kids (each under on arm, where the younger will probably fall asleep before halftime) and admire my favorite player in one of his last great games. I'm not speaking of Messi but Juninho, of course  8)

Nicky007

Quote from: Bupie on Tue, 2009-02-24, 10:45:56
Maybe it will also help you to realize that mentioning a fellow forum's member real name in a post without asking his approval before -like you did with mine with no bad intention at all, I know  ;)- can become pretty annoying when things get bad  :(

Yeah, Bups, this latest episode has made me think a lot about it. Before I wrote my valedictory post on the Neverboard, I dwelled long on the possibility that one of the members could be so dark in his mind as to seek me up and do some unpleasant stuff. Really, I did !  But I think that Paxi is right in that these guys have got it in their mouths but in reality they're wimps.

But I promise nevermore to mention your true name in public. Only if Bluey gets me drunk beyond my wits  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Bupie

Quote from: Nicky007 on Tue, 2009-02-24, 13:02:10
But I promise nevermore to mention your true name in public. Only if Bluey gets me drunk beyond my wits  ;D

Well, if you give it only to Bluey, it's different  ;D