News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

How do you feel right now?

Started by Appelmoes??, Wed, 2005-10-26, 20:39:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicky007

Quote from: Steve Jones on Mon, 2009-01-12, 17:38:12
Are you entirely sure that spotted beastie is a kitten and not a cub? :o  I suppose the real test is when you start to get dismembered body parts brought home for your perusal.  If they look to come from mice and sparrows, then it's kitten.  But if there's a hint of 'small child' about them... ;)

:o :o :o

;D ;D ;D  Jonesy.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Iggy

Quote from: Steve Jones on Mon, 2009-01-12, 17:38:12
Are you entirely sure that spotted beastie is a kitten and not a cub? :o  I suppose the real test is when you start to get dismembered body parts brought home for your perusal.  If they look to come from mice and sparrows, then it's kitten.  But if there's a hint of 'small child' about them... ;)

Hmm you could be right. I just got home and can't find Mrs I.

I'll look for bones behind the couch.

;D ;D ;D

Iggy

Ah here she is now.

By the way I'm told that feline unit 2 is to be called Jags apparently because she looks like a Jaguar and it sounds like mags.

I'm pretty sure there will be no car jokes.   ::)

bellanova

I had a cystoscopy and its nothing to be worried about. But then maybe its harder on a bloke!

funkster

Quote from: bellanova on Tue, 2009-01-13, 11:10:25
I had a cystoscopy and its nothing to be worried about. But then maybe its harder on a bloke!

Leave my hardness out of this  ;D

Nicky007

Quote from: bellanova on Tue, 2009-01-13, 11:10:25
... maybe its harder on a bloke!

Yeah, that was really a good'n, Bella  ;D

You seem to speak from experience  :D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Nicky007

Hey, I just got my "new" computer this afternoon, and it works real well, Helge got everything installed nicely.

So that's why I'm here again doin my nightstalkin jive, guys.

You see vampires, werewolves, banshees, ghouls, bogeys, jinnas, bête noires (Bupsie), or ouphes (that's the best one, it's an elf or goblin, just found it in my Roget's Thesaurus) - then don't worry, it's just me a-stalkin  :D

But, but, but (and a butt for Paxi), I'm on an Anathema adventure that'l last a while yet, so no digressions currently.

"Destiny, infinity, eternity ....."

Whew, this stuff strikes home tellya  *horns*

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

PH

I feel good!

Today I had to teach three classes. One class (a VMBO 2 class) I had to teach about the female reproductive organs... I can tell you, I was pretty nervous... :P
But it went very well!
I even had to teach a VMBO 3 class. Which went OK too. It was about determining different fish. :) Easy.
And the third class was a Havo/Vwo 1 combination class.
About "the eye". A piece of cake as well.

Man, it feels great when it goes like this. :)

-Paco

Iggy

I feel quite tired.

An incredibly busy week at work.

However, I have next week off to play with the kittens  ;D who have settled in very well.

Steve Jones

Quote from: Iggy on Sat, 2009-01-17, 15:07:35
However, I have next week off to play with the kittens  ;D who have settled in very well.

Good stuff.  Has the Leopard mauled any brats poor little kiddies yet? ;D
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

Iggy

No

We had some friends round tonight and they survived although she did try to entice the kitty into her handbag  ;D

Steve Jones

Quote from: Iggy on Sun, 2009-01-18, 01:28:02
she did try to entice the kitty into her handbag  ;D

Cheaper than cat litter, I suppose. :o ;D
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

maddox

I feel funny.

For the Dutchies: That trafic jam you've (probably) heard about this afternoon on the A2 near Beesd (translation: Beast  ;D)?

That was my doing.  ;)
We had car troubles so i had to pull over to the side of the road. While waiting on the ANWB a dude (very nice fellow who helped me perfectly) from the rijkswaterstaat came to help me and even called in to close one side of the free way.  :D

The car is fixed now though our plan to drive to Den Bosch fell in the water so to say.  :(
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Nicky007

Sad, Måd  :(

Hope you can give the kids an extra nice experience next weekend  :)

We had a very enjoyable meeting in the Hegel-group today. We meet once a month currently. The group is reduced to three participants now, but we three are very passionate about it.

I'm aware that only few people can see the sense in such a pursuit. But if I tell you that nothing has sharpened my intellect as much as my Hegel-studies, neither maths nor quantum mechanics at the Uni nor discussing religion with Paxi and Keith, then it may give you a notion of the greatness of this philosopher  *horns*

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

PH

I don't feel good...
I have a lot of pain in my back. To be honest I have this since the beginning of summer 2007, but the last few months it's getting worse... :(
It would be wise to pay a visit to the doctor...
Some time ago I went through this before... I had to go to a physiotherapist each week for more than a month, and then I did exercises. It went well for a couple of months, but after that I forgot to do the excersises... Sometime later it started again...
Anyone have ideas how to keep doing these bloody exercises? They take an hour or so everyday... Which means that in a week I have seven hours less time!! :'(

-Paco

Nicky007

An hour a day is rather much, Paxi. Maybe if you would restrict it to twenty minutes a day, you'd feel more motivated, and then you would persevere with your daily exercises. Maybe even these twenty minutes a day would do the trick.

Further you could go out on the net and find other people with similar problems. There might be some tricks that work for you.

Wishing you the best  :)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

maddox

Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Iggy

Me too.

Still you can listen to music while you do it.

It is very important to do the exercises though as you will be much fitter when you reach my age if you look after yourself now.

Good luck.

PH

Thanks guys!! Greatly appreciated!
I'm already doing a bit better today. After a good night sleep it feels like my back has had the time to gain some strenght again.

Quote from: Nicky007 on Tue, 2009-01-20, 19:18:45
An hour a day is rather much, Paxi. Maybe if you would restrict it to twenty minutes a day, you'd feel more motivated, and then you would persevere with your daily exercises. Maybe even these twenty minutes a day would do the trick.
Excellent! Thanks for the tip, I think I'll do that.

Quote from: Nicky007 on Tue, 2009-01-20, 19:18:45
Further you could go out on the net and find other people with similar problems. There might be some tricks that work for you.
Thanks. Yes, I think I'm going to make a plan.

Quote from: Iggy on Tue, 2009-01-20, 22:47:01
Still you can listen to music while you do it.
Of course! ;D

Quote from: Iggy on Tue, 2009-01-20, 22:47:01
It is very important to do the exercises though as you will be much fitter when you reach my age if you look after yourself now.
That's right.

Thanks everybody. I feel much better now. I'm going to make a plan and I'll start doing my exercises next week when a normal school week will start.

-Paco

bellanova

I have an exercise bike and i was doing about 25 mins a day up to about november when i lost the motivation due to stuff going on. But it was great for cardio vascular health and muscle tone. I will start doing it again soon as its true, it does benefit you in later life. Though im not exactly young!

The Butterfly Man

Paco, I just read about the pain in your back. Sorry to hear that! Good to read that you were already feeling a bit better yesterday though. :)

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

johninblack

Paco, do the medics have any idea what is causing the pain?

funkster

As i had to take a laxative this morning before some x rays tomorrow - you can warrant a guess at how i am feeling  :(

Bupie

:-\ You mean you feel ... empty ?

Thanks for your answer about  :-[ :-[ :-[, BTW  ;)

funkster

No problems Bupie - Fighting the worls is a good album and Oerson Welels does some narration !

Empty is one way to describe it  ;) My wife has got us a curry for dinner tonight as well  :)