News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Lonely Robot - Under Stars

Started by Teunis, Mon, 2019-02-25, 20:50:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Teunis

From Inside Out Music: LONELY ROBOT: ANNOUNCE THIRD STUDIO ALBUM 'UNDER STARS' on 26th April.

More info:

https://www.insideoutmusic.com/newsdetailed.aspx?IdNews=23639&IdCompany=8

Me happy, already own the first two albums of the trilogy 8) *horns*.
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

Teunis

Quote from: Teunis on Mon, 2019-02-25, 20:50:32
From Inside Out Music: LONELY ROBOT: ANNOUNCE THIRD STUDIO ALBUM 'UNDER STARS' on 26th April.
That is today. Purchased it at my local record shop. Playing it for the second time. Great as expected 8). It's comparable with the first and second album of the trilogy. I only don't understand the last track of the Bonus Track Edition. It's only spoken word ... :). But overall a beautiful album.

What about you? Would have expected more enthusiasm from other forum members ;).

PH

Quote from: Teunis on Fri, 2019-04-26, 20:22:17
It's comparable with the first and second album of the trilogy.

That's to be expected. Which is good on one hand, but the downside is that it all sounds a bit too much of the same to me.

What about you?

I listened to a few tracks, but didn't listen to the whole thing in one setting. But of course I just have to have this on cd. I am a fan after all.

Would have expected more enthusiasm from other forum members ;).

Yeah, fair enough. We should be more enthusiastic about solo releases by our favourite band, you're absolutely right! I feel a bit ashamed. In my defense, there have been so many good releases and I'm really trying to catch up on all of them, which is a massive task. I'm discovering so much good stuff these days!

By the way, which other forum members? ;D It's mainly me and (especially) you these days. ;D Occasionally there's a little bit of Maddox or Erik. I really miss the interaction. :( We're mostly just posting what we are listening to and part of the fun (for me) was the interaction, telling why we like to listen to stuff etc.
It seems the forum days are over... Sad...

Teunis

Quote from: PH on Sat, 2019-04-27, 22:24:38
That's to be expected. Which is good on one hand, but the downside is that it all sounds a bit too much of the same to me.
I listened to a few tracks, but didn't listen to the whole thing in one setting. But of course I just have to have this on cd. I am a fan after all.
The album itself is enough versatile to keep it interesting. Many great guitar solos of one of our favourite guitarists 8).

Quote from: PH
Yeah, fair enough. We should be more enthusiastic about solo releases by our favourite band, you're absolutely right! I feel a bit ashamed. In my defense, there have been so many good releases and I'm really trying to catch up on all of them, which is a massive task. I'm discovering so much good stuff these days!
Hehe, I do recognise it. Always want to hear the latest recommended releases on prog websites or magazines.

Quote from: PH
By the way, which other forum members? ;D It's mainly me and (especially) you these days. ;D Occasionally there's a little bit of Maddox or Erik. I really miss the interaction. :( We're mostly just posting what we are listening to and part of the fun (for me) was the interaction, telling why we like to listen to stuff etc.
Yeah, I also wonder. It's due to Facebook I guess. I also see it on other forums I participate. Too bad ...

erik

I am still here, but not often I admit. Busy with work, the kids etc and already too much staring at screens make that I do not post often.. But this is still a nice place, it is quality not quantity that counts  8)

In my defense, there have been so many good releases and I'm really trying to catch up on all of them, which is a massive task. I'm discovering so much good stuff these days!
I recognise it too ::) I am often checking out new music on Bandcamp or Progstreaming after reading reviews that sound interesting (iO Pages, Progwereld, DPRP etc). The latest discoveries are all titles from the Karisma label and two have been mentioned in the now playing thread already: Fervent Mind - Tranquilize and Lucy In Blue - In Flight, third one is the album Tre Ut by Trojka which is highly recommended. Other recent discoveries that I really like are the Greek band/project Methexis (Topos, Suiciety), Dream The Electric Sheep (Heretics, have not heard the other albums yet), Paradox Twin and Quantum Pig.

Cheeto's Magazine is brilliant and great fun, I still have to get the new one but have heard it and enjoyed it a lot. I have the previous album and EP and you can actually spot me very briefly if you know where to look in the new Arena dvd wearing a Cheeto's Magazine T-shirt :)

Lonely Robot 3 is autobuy for me, there seems to be a lot of criticism that is too much of the same/diminishing returns but I think the whole trilogy is top notch stuff *horns*

We stare at our screens
All our lives
What a waste of eyes..

PH

Quote from: erik on Mon, 2019-04-29, 11:16:37
The latest discoveries are all titles from the Karisma label and two have been mentioned in the now playing thread already: Fervent Mind - Tranquilize and Lucy In Blue - In Flight, third one is the album Tre Ut by Trojka which is highly recommended.

Cool! I'll make sure to give Lucy In Blue and Trojka a listen. These Scandinavian bands are really on a roll here.

Other recent discoveries that I really like are the Greek band/project Methexis (Topos, Suiciety), Dream The Electric Sheep (Heretics, have not heard the other albums yet), Paradox Twin and Quantum Pig.

Cool! I'll check them out.

Cheeto's Magazine is brilliant and great fun, I still have to get the new one but have heard it and enjoyed it a lot. I have the previous album and EP and you can actually spot me very briefly if you know where to look in the new Arena dvd wearing a Cheeto's Magazine T-shirt :)

;D

Lonely Robot 3 is autobuy for me, there seems to be a lot of criticism that is too much of the same/diminishing returns but I think the whole trilogy is top notch stuff *horns*

John Mitchell will be John Mitchell. Can't really blame him. It might be a bit too much at the same time. But there's never too much Mitchell.