News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

And the winner is....

Started by maddox, Sun, 2006-05-28, 15:06:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Who's going to be the new world champion soccer?

Brazil
2 (14.3%)
Argentina
0 (0%)
England
0 (0%)
Germany
6 (42.9%)
Holland
2 (14.3%)
France
0 (0%)
Czech Republic
1 (7.1%)
Other (specify)
0 (0%)
I hate soccer, so i don't really care...:<
3 (21.4%)
Oh ehm...Italy. :P
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 14

maddox

Following on the 'like-soccer' thread...

Here is the inevitable follow up: Who's going to be the new world champion?

I've listed some popular countries, so if you have a different one, let us know.  ;)

Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

PH

I've voted for Germany.
Actually I don't really care, it has to be either Holland or Germany 'cause I can sympathise with both. But Germany will be the winner I think. Would be nice if they both get in the final.

johninblack

Heart says England, Head says Brazil, voted Brazil

Cyborg-Frask

I hope France VS germany in the finals...

Hopefully they will get penalties... and both team keep on making goals... until they both are soooo tired that they say: "we will share the prize"

Hmm i just let my imagination speak there for a seconds  ;D
But i still think that france VS germany would make a good final... ::)  hopefully germany would win then...

But of course there is a little voice in my head saying: "Holland hup, holland hup"  :P > so i voted holland

Teunis

I hope Holland, but I voted for Brazil. Don't think that Holland will survive the 'group of death'.
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

maddox

Quote from: Teunis on Sun, 2006-05-28, 18:39:45
I hope Holland, but I voted for Brazil. Don't think that Holland will survive the 'group of death'.

Sure they will.  ;) Always be positive.

They'll be kicked out in the semi finals though.  :-\ ;) ;D

maddox

Well, Holland is out (obviously :(), Argentina lost it's match, Czech didn't survived the first round and i totally forgot to mention Italy as a favourite, so it's going extremely well, this tournament.  :-\

Peter

And now even Brazil is out. It's more of a European Championship finals now :)s
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

maddox

Quote from: Peter on Sun, 2006-07-02, 19:10:14
And now even Brazil is out. It's more of a European Championship finals now :)s

That's no suprise. They were really bad this tournament.  :-\

Don't know what they think they were doing but it had nothing to do with soccer.  :-\

France is getting better though. Anyway, the best team this tournament, who played almost every match pretty well are Germany so i think that they will have the best chances.  *horns*

Peter

Quote from: maddox on Sun, 2006-07-02, 22:39:35
Anyway, the best team this tournament, who played almost every match pretty well are Germany so i think that they will have the best chances.  *horns*

That's what I thought, but it turns out that they couldn't keep it up in the game against Italy. I didn't see it, cos I was sitting in the airplane on my way back from Lanzarote :(
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Appelmoes??

Italy had the longest breath I guess. The first 90 minutes it really was a tie imo. But in the last minutes italy really went for it.
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

maddox

In my opinion, Germany - Italy is the best match of this tournement. This really was a thriller and the fact that Italy won by two goals in the last 5 minutes, well was a bit unexpected to say the least.

I was preparing myself for the penalties.  :-\

To be honoust, Italy deserved to win though. They were a bit better than Germany.

Herben

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Wed, 2006-07-05, 11:26:25
Italy had the longest breath I guess. The first 90 minutes it really was a tie imo. But in the last minutes italy really went for it.
Italy had more luck than France, they had to win with penalties!! If Zidane hadn't been stupid to get a red card France could have won within the extra playing time maybe...... The missed penalty was the most beautiful one .. to hit the upper post unfortunately the ball went down before the line.........
Walk along the Waterfall, watching as the world turns red
Wonder where the river flows, and the blood on the River bed
Poison lies to close to us, Reach across the salt and Sand
Moving Deeper into the Land