News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

What are your favorite prog groups at the moment apart from Arena?

Started by Nicky007, Mon, 2007-06-04, 15:06:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicky007

PH, I think that Appelmoes' method is the best to do the initial analysis with.

Nicky.

So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Nicky007

Hey, what happened to Tom? Did he leave for Tahiti with his shorts, an ipod, and a copy of Systematic Chaos?

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Appelmoes??

Quote from: Nicky007 on Wed, 2007-06-13, 12:47:59
PH, I think that Appelmoes' method is the best to do the initial analysis with.

Nicky.

For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

Proglady

Quote from: Assignment on Sun, 2007-06-10, 23:03:38
1. Pain of Salvation
2. Symphony X
3. Ark
4. Redemption
5. The Mars Volta

I have chosen the frst two bands because their new outputĀ“s "Scarsick" & "Paradise lost" are once again masterpieces of this genre

The Album "Paradise Lost" from Symphony X is not out yet!!!  :o It hits the stores 26th June!

PH

Quote from: Proglady on Wed, 2007-06-13, 17:16:35
The Album "Paradise Lost" from Symphony X is not out yet!!!  :o It hits the stores 26th June!

There are many ways that lead to Rome err... I mean... Paradise... Lost...

This is so wrong... ;D

Appelmoes??

My drawings on MySpace

Nicky007

Quote from: Proglady on Wed, 2007-06-13, 17:16:35

In principle, it should be Goran himself who responds to this, but as I know him personally, I know that, as an active musician, he receives promos and stuff before they're made public.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

kmorse

I'm falling.....Falling down again!

Nicky007

Thanks, Keith. Now we just have to see whether Tom remembers that there are other rock groups besides Dream Theater.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Nicky007

PH, it looks like we're not getting any more voters in here, so could you please make a new add-up? You can revise your already existing post.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Appelmoes??

Quote from: Nicky007 on Thu, 2007-06-14, 10:00:38
PH, it looks like we're not getting any more voters in here, so could you please make a new add-up? You can revise your already existing post.

Nicky.
Wow, you've waited a whole day :D

My drawings on MySpace

Nicky007

We gotta be efficient if we wanna make prog mainstream, Appelmoes. Now we have to get the Arena guys to Belgrade and get some miniskirts for them.  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

PH

Quote from: Nicky007 on Wed, 2007-06-13, 00:14:15Peter                    1. Porcupine Tree    2. Ayreon                  3. Sylvan                4. Pure Reason Rev    5. Marillion (Fish)

Crazy Diamond     1. Porcupine Tree    2. Pure Reason Rev    3. Anathema           4. Lana Lane               5. Pallas

Bellanova             1. Porcupine Tree    2. Genesis                  3. Frost                  4. Dream Theater        5. It Bites

Teunis                  1. Toto                   2. IQ                          3. Pendragon          4. Shadow Gallery       5. Asia

Crownie               1. Jadis                   2. IQ                          3. Pallas                 4. Spock's Beard         5. Karnataka

Proglady              1. Sylvan                 2. Porcupine Tree       3. Ayreon                4. The Reasoning        5. Blind Ego

HelenDo               1. IQ                       2. Pendragon             3. Blind Ego             4. Jadis                      5. Pink Floyd

PH                       1. Neal Morse           2. Dream Theater       3. Porcupine Tree    4. Frost                      5. Ayreon

Johninblack          1. Credo                  2. Frost                      3. IQ                      4. Kino                       5. Pendragon

Nicky007              1. Dream Theater    2. Pink Floyd               3. Zero Hour           4. Redemption            5. Steve Vai

Appelmoes??        1. Ayreon                2. Spock's Beard         3. Threshold           4. Dream Theater        5. Symphony X

Funkster               1. IQ                       2. Pendragon              3. Riverside            4. Opeth                    5. Marillion

JJ II                     1. Genesis               2. Peter Gabriel           3. Pendragon          4. IQ                         5. Rush

Assignment           1. Pain Of Salv         2. Symphony X           3. ARK                   4. Redemption            5. The Mars Volta

Maddox                1. Dream Theater     2. Spock's Beard         3. Pain Of Salv       4. Ayreon                   5. Riverside

Bupie                   1. Toto                     2. Dream Theater       3. Marillion             4. Transatlantic           5. Kino

CompanyCr.         1. Pendragon            2. IQ                         3. Credo                4. Galahad                  5. Strangefish

Kmorse                1. Porcupine Tree      2. Opeth                    3. IQ                     4. Genesis                   5. Pink Floyd

IQ: 30
Porcupine Tree: 27
Dream Theater: 22
Pendragon: 20
Ayreon: 15
Genesis: 11
Spock's Beard: 10
Toto: 10
Genesis: 11
Frost: 9
Sylvan: 8
Credo: 8
Pain Of Salvation: 8
Jadis: 7
Pink Floyd: 6
Opeth: 6
Pure Reason Revolution: 6
Neal Morse: 5
Marillion: 5
Symphony X: 5
Pallas: 4
Peter Gabriel: 4
Blind Ego: 4
Riverside: 4
Redemption: 4
Zero Hour: 3
Threshold: 3
Kino: 3
Anathema: 3
ARK: 3
Lana Lane: 2
The Reasoning: 2
Shadow Gallery: 2
Transatlantic: 2
Galahad: 2
Strangefish: 1
It Bites: 1
Asia: 1
Karnataka: 1
Steve Vai: 1
Rush: 1
The Mars Volta: 1

The Ultimate Top 5 was:
1. IQ
2. Porcupine Tree
3. Dream Theater
4. Ayreon / Pendragon
5. Spock's Beard

BUT NOW IT IS:
1. IQ
2. Porcupine Tree
3. Dream Theater
4. Pendragon
5. Ayreon

And Spock's Beard has been overtaken by Genesis.
Another fun thing I noticed is that Yes is on noone's favourite list.
So there's no real battle between Yes-fans and Genesis-fans around here, Genesis wins! ;)
(That was just a personal joke from me, haha.)

Anyway, nothing changed except that Ayreon (who shared the fourth place with Pendragon) had to lose his former place. Pendragon wins over Ayreon.
Furthermore Spock's Beard is out!

Nicky007

It's a very clear vote with regard to the first five places.

One can also see that it's a rather diverse group of voters in that Dream Theater is very different from the other groups in pos 1-5.

Thanks, PH and Appelmoes.

Nicky.
So you've come of age
Sure you can

Herben

I would vote for:
1 Threshold
2 Marillion
3 Ayreon
4 Dream Theater