News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Arena Gigs 2005

Started by Peter, Thu, 2005-01-13, 23:00:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter

Hooray, I already know what I will be doing on May 7th. Arena will show up on the 7th Eclipsed-Festival, which takes place at the Colos-Saal in Aschafenburg, Germany.

Here is the complete tour date list: http://www.verglas.com/ArenaWorld/live/tourhotline.htm
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

marcelthecage

Hi Peter,

This is Marcel from The Cage, the Official Worldwide Arena Community and webmaster of Verglas.com and ArenaWorld. I have just updated the gigs on Arena World with another gig in the UK.

Maybe not the right place, but I'd like to thank you for starting this Forum. I have made a link on ArenaWorld, so many people will now join!

All the best!
Marcel

Peter

Thanks Marcel for the support. This will hopefully attract a lot of people :) Can't wait for this forum to start to grow!
I also hope you will stay to be around, too!

BrianG

Hey all........thought I'd share my gig experience here. Being all the way on Canada's west coast means that Arena gigs are few and far between, but when I saw they were going to be in Montreal last fall I just couldn't resist. My buddy and I booked the weekend off work and flew out to Montreal for the show. Amazing night. Really amazing. It was a very small venue, but it was just packed and the crowd were unbelievable. The band were fantastic, and played a really good set. A couple of things stand out: Robs mic wasn't working and it was quite funny to see the band do an instrumental version of Witch Hunt complete with backing vocals! Clive stopped the song and said that they were getting a replacement mic and would anyone mind if the band started over? So off they went, and did the whole intro visual stuff all over again. It was a good moment and it was good to see the band having fun with it. I also couldn't believe the crowd reaction all night: they wouldn't let the show end! The crowd noise in such a small venue was unbelievable. The band came on and did an extra encore, with Clive saying that they had actually played everything and would we mind if the band did a song they did earlier in the night? So a reprise of Enemy Without came with everyone singing the chorus with the band, the lights were on during the song and it really felt like a special time for everyone. I'm glad I made the trip, and would do it again in a heartbeat.

The band were very gracious after the show and looked really relaxed.

At the time my buddy and I were new "recruits" to the world of Arena, but after listening to all the great music and then seeing them in Montreal you can bet we'll be looking at the tour dates coming up on the next tour and I think another trip will definately be in order!

Way to go, guys!

Peter

Thank you very much for that impression, BrianG. I can only confirm it; Arena concerts (I have been only to three up to now) are something special. In December 2004 I went to see Sting, but the concert wasn't half as charismatic, really. Let's look forward to what's coming ;)

mdread666

Just ordered my tickets to the Mean Fiddler gig. I've managed to get 2 extra people along who don't know Arena (yet) so maybe if all those going to the London gig do this aswell, then it may get upgraded to the Astoria!!
mdread666

...for it is a human number,
It's number is six hundred and sixty six.

frenchsting

i will be there on the 7th of may !!! the 5th time i see them. Let me remember...

nancy : the visitor (i did have never heard a single note of their music). And i got addicted....
ris orangis : the rob & ian integration tour (immortal)
saarbrucken : the saga supporting act
Paris : the contagion tour closing gig. A lot of fun and laughs...

What i remember the most except the shows, is the kindness of every member after the shows. All my tickets are dedicated. And the breakfast in biarritz is dedicated by every member signing on their photo !!!

Thanks again guys. See you soon

BlueDragonPT

Hi!!!  ;)

I'm new here! I live in Oporto ( Portugal ) and i'm a progressive rock/metal entushiast.

I was really surprised when I read in a portuguese progressive forum that Arena will be playing in Portugal at "Gouveia Art Rock Festival", in the small country town of Gouveia ( 200 kms from Oporto in Estrela highlands )...I'll be there for sure! More info at: http://www.gaudela.net/gar.
For foreigner people coming to the festival, there are nice hotel accomodations in Gouveia, Guarda ( 40 kms away ) Seia ( 30 kms away ) and a lot of country houses in the area.

the heart of a dragon is a river of tears

Gollum

Seems I better start planing a little trip to Navarra this Summer!  :D
Nevertheless... there's a "broken link" problem to get more information on the Festival... I'll keep an eye on it.
La vergüenza de haber sido y el dolor de ya no ser

cactusjack

The band will be In Quebec City, Canada on November 5th 2005.

www.capitaledumetal.com

www.billetech.com

Peter

Quote from: cactusjack on Mon, 2005-04-11, 00:41:32
The band will be In Quebec City, Canada on November 5th 2005.
www.capitaledumetal.com
www.billetech.com

Uh, nice. It's not on the tour hotline yet, so I'll wait with the calendar entry ;)

cactusjack

I already have my ticket!

jguillem

It is confirmed, tickets are on sale at www.billetech.com

ARENA IN QUEBEC CITY  NOVEMBER 5TH 2005
at l'Imperial de Quebec

Guests : Sense

Those who attended the last Quebec city gig in 2003 knows that the crowd will be crazy again !!

crisweet

Any chance of a gig in Italy, Milan would be a perfect venue and lots of fans would come. pleasseeeeeeeee

Spad

Hi Crisweet! Nice to read you! I'm also italian...... and I think that, in this forum, we are the only two..........  :'(

That's why I'm not so sure lots of fans would go to an Arena concert in Milan.... Do you remember 29th November 2003 (I think the last Arena gig here in Italy... )? There were not so many people..... I mean, not so much if compared with other concerts I attended in Z7 (Basel) or London.........

But I hope to be wrong........ hey!!! Italian guys, where are you?????!!!...............  ;D ;D

Ciao raga  ;)

Spad.
Does it to matter to you?
In the lions' cage we're all the same.

POM

Quote from: crisweet on Sun, 2005-04-24, 19:12:03
Any chance of a gig in Italy, Milan would be a perfect venue and lots of fans would come. pleasseeeeeeeee

Hi Italian guys!  ;)  I'm from Belgium and I'm also checking the gigs agenda almsot everyday, waiting for THE date of a gig in Belgium....  Pleaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssseeeee

Spad

Quote from: POM on Mon, 2005-05-02, 10:25:39

Hi Italian guys!  ;)  ....

Hi POM.... why don't you come Saturday at Ashaffenburg?? How far is it from you?
Maybe you can come with your wonderful new BMW ONE!!  ;D  ;D

I'll be there for sure, even if I have to make a 870km journey!!!! (Waiting for a gig in Italy - or Belgium... )
Bye

Spad.

POM

Quote from: Spad on Mon, 2005-05-02, 15:31:32
Hi POM.... why don't you come Saturday at Ashaffenburg?? How far is it from you?
Maybe you can come with your wonderful new BMW ONE!!  ;D  ;D

I'll be there for sure, even if I have to make a 870km journey!!!! (Waiting for a gig in Italy - or Belgium... )
Bye

Spad.

Because I KNOW Arena will come in Belgium  ;D  They've always made a stop at Spirit of 66! ;) I'm confident for this time again...

My boyfriend is with the new BMW One, I'm waiting for my new Mini  ;D

Spad

Quote from: POM on Tue, 2005-05-03, 10:43:34
Because I KNOW Arena will come in Belgium  ;D  They've always made a stop at Spirit of 66! ;) I'm confident for this time again...

.... yes... probably they'll also come to Italy late this year..... but I can't wait 'til then!!!!!  ;D

Quote from: POM on Tue, 2005-05-03, 10:43:34
My boyfriend is with the new BMW One, I'm waiting for my new Mini  ;D

... very good choice, it's very cool!!!!! ... but too expensive!!!!  :P

Bye.
Spad.

martinb

Does anyone know why the Chippenham gig was pulled ?

Thanks

Mick

Finance I'm afraid.
Nothing we could do about it

Teunis

According to: http://www.dprp.net/gigguides/index.php there's an extra gig in Zoetermeer.
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: Mick on Sat, 2005-05-21, 18:43:26
Finance I'm afraid.
Nothing we could do about it

Well, as long as the London show is still on in October, I'm happy! ;D
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

wickerman

Looking forward to Arena gig in Slovakia! Thanks for it, guys!  :)
I hope they will play some stuff from Pepper Ghost as well...