News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Dream Theater - Chaos In Motion World Tour DVD!!

Started by maddox, Thu, 2008-07-10, 21:54:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Bupie

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Wed, 2008-10-01, 12:38:36
I let the Chaos in last friday, and it hasn't left since! :P

Great DVD, very much in the style of '5 Years in a Livetime'.

What I liked the most about "5 years ..." were the audio comments that the band members registered while watching the DVD. VERY funny ...

Unfortunately, they didn't do the same thing on the following DVD's (or I didn't find it).

Quote from: PH on Wed, 2008-10-01, 13:51:32
Ok, and now the hard question:

What are the differences from the "SCORE" DVD?

The setlist ? OK, that was easy but it also true : Blind Faith, for instance, can not be found on previous DVD's

QuoteWhy does every fan HAVE to have this DVD?

George (from Seinfeld) would have answered "because it's on sale" but I guess that kind of answer would not satisfy you  :)

QuotePromote it a bit. ;D

I'll do (if it deserves to) ... when I have watched it !

PH

Steve Jones

Yay!  Chaos has arrived at Backside Towers *horns*

I did wonder if it would fit through the letter box, but the overall package is around the size of an old VHS video only slightly thinner.  I may not be online for a few weeks as I've now got an awful lot of discs to listen to and watch 8)
Regards, Steve Jones

"Then I'll know my bet will win, when the saints go marching in"

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: PH on Wed, 2008-10-01, 13:51:32
Ok, and now the hard question:

What are the differences from the "SCORE" DVD? (haircuts don't count...)
Why does every fan HAVE to have this DVD?

Promote it a bit. ;D

Well, the Score DVD is much more polished. The footage on the new DVD looks more raw. Again, see the 5 Years In A Livetime DVD for a good reference of what I'm talking about. The sound is great as usual, but again it sounds more raw, less perfect. There are even some small mistakes to be noticed here and there! :o  ;)

To answer your second question: This release is definately not a must-buy for everone, especially when you expect the same quality that Score offered.

However, it still is a great tour-souvenir with many great songs, such as 'The Ministry Of Lost Souls',  'Surrounded '07' and 'Lines In The Sand'. Oh and did I already mention the 90-minute documentary on the second disc? *horns*

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

maddox

Quote from: The Butterfly Man on Thu, 2008-10-02, 13:05:32

However, it still is a great tour-souvenir with many great songs, such as 'The Ministry Of Lost Souls',  'Surrounded '07' and 'Lines In The Sand'. Oh and did I already mention the 90-minute documentary on the second disc? *horns*

Tom

Actually, Ministry is simply the best (and that's coming from my mouth) song on the DVD. Man what a performance and what a good sound etc.
Also In The Presence is extremely good.
Haven't watched the bonussses yet.  ;D
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.