News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Arena - Autumn Tour 2023

Started by Teunis, Tue, 2023-06-20, 20:21:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Teunis

Two gigs in Canada, two in The Netherlands and one in Germany:

https://www.arenaband.co.uk/on-tour-in-2023/
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

Peter

Quote from: Teunis on Tue, 2023-06-20, 20:21:37Two gigs in Canada, two in The Netherlands and one in Germany:

https://www.arenaband.co.uk/on-tour-in-2023/

too bad, all of them much too far away (especially the ones in Canada  ;D )
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

The Fury

Looking forward to the Day after tomorrow!
Arena @ Helmond
Why do you laugh at my hopeless appeal for your mercy?

The Fury

Anybody went to the Zoetermeer gig last night?

Teunis

Quote from: The Fury on Fri, 2023-10-06, 23:32:40Looking forward to the Day after tomorrow!
Arena @ Helmond
Cool, have fun 8) *horns*

The Fury

Thanks Teunis! Will you be/ were you able to see the band during this mini tour?

Teunis

Quote from: The Fury on Sat, 2023-10-07, 20:11:05Thanks Teunis! Will you be/ were you able to see the band during this mini tour?
Not this time unfortunately.

The Fury

erik

Quote from: The Fury on Sat, 2023-10-07, 19:11:35Anybody went to the Zoetermeer gig last night?

Did you have a good time at the Helmond gig?

I went to Zoetermeer, excellent gig! Setlist as per last year and the new live album, with Serenity earlier in the set and not as an encore. Clive suggested to skip Solomon, but what alternatives might be played in those 15 minutes instead was unclear.🧐🤔 With such a wealth of material to choose from it might be a good idea but Solomon is tradition of course and the audience did not take the bait. Might I suggest to swap Cry VII for something fresh while we are at it 😇

Anyhow, it will be a while it seems before Arena will hit the road again reading Clive's final musings in his tour diary:
QuoteAnd that was it - probably the last Arena gig for quite a while. I suspect that we would need another album before we were to tour again. I would also like a very different set list if we go out again... we have so much material, it's easy to forget the many songs that really deserve an airing.
We stare at our screens
All our lives
What a waste of eyes..

The Fury

Hey Erik,

Good to hear you enjoyed the Zoetermeer gig. I had a great time in Helmond,though in hindsight I should have gone to Zoetermeer: last Sunday the band actually did skip Solomon :-[

We were shocked  :o and I felt a bit guilty since I told a visitor who had not seen Arena in more than 25 years not to worry: 'The guys always play Solomon'. Luckily I managed to evade him afterwards  8)
But seriously: why??  :'(

The rest of the setlist seems to have been the same as Zoetermeer and the show from last year.

I did like the Cacaofabriek venue. It has a nice cosy atmosphere and a bar- restaurant where they serve nice foods and beers. I hope Arena will perform there again in the future,of course WITH Solomon (or Sirens as a nice alternative, or the very enjoyable Valley of the kings-medley they once did)

Towards the end of the show Clive mentioned something along the same lines as the message quoted by you. Hopefully the band will find the opportunity or time to do some gigs in '24 or '25 though....

erik

Too bad you had to miss out on Solomon and did not get something else instead 😕

I guess the band is a bit tired of this track that they have played forever and takes a large chunk of the playing time.. But they should not shortchange the audience by just skipping it and not rehearsing and playing something else instead.😳 Like the excellent suggestions you mention 😎

Have only been to the Cacaofabriek once, nice venue indeed.
We stare at our screens
All our lives
What a waste of eyes..