News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Pendragon

Started by RenetheCage, Fri, 2007-01-19, 16:10:51

Previous topic - Next topic

RenetheCage

Clive Nolan appears on the latest concert DVD "And now everybody to the stage". I bought the luxury box which includes the DVD and 2 concert CD's. I can recommend it to you all. It gives a very good impression of the band's capability's and performance and simply sounds very well
Clive deserves a compliment, he plays his keyboard very well and supports and carries the music of pendragon. Nick Barrett and Clive, a good team !
Just like Arena, this band deserves a bigger audience.
Just wanted you all to know !

René

creme anglais

Got to agree with you there Rene...... have you also seen the superb "A Rush of Adrenaline"  DVD...... it's really great stuff and a nice mix of Pendragon and Clive's other projects (Arena, Nolan/Wakeman/Strangers on a train/The Shads)

I must admit I am SERIOUSLY looking forward to "Past & Presence" the new Pendies DVD due soon :) It was totally amazing, emotional, exciting and awe inspiring to see the Pendies play with the old members again!

funkster

I am a pretty new convert to the Pendies and am loving their work  *horns*

CompanyCroydon

Pendragon are a top Band ;D

Teunis

Quote from: CompanyCroydon on Fri, 2007-01-19, 18:24:51
I can only second that. Get all their albums!  8) ;D
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

HelenDo

Quote from: CompanyCroydon on Fri, 2007-01-19, 18:24:51

And they have the best fans  ;D

Helen xx

johninblack

tinyfish

Pendragon were one of the first bands I ever saw live (down at the Marquee back in 198---mumble, mumble) and they knocked my socks off. I saw them a little while back at the Summers End Festival and they were still an incredible live experience. The crowd cheered them onstage like a local football team. I was amazed at the amount warmth and happiness the crowd gave out and I haven't seen that amount of enthusiasm generated just by walking on stage in a long long time.

A very special band indeed.

Simon.
The World's Smallest Prog Band

funkster

I am keeping everything crossed that i will see them live this year for the first time

HelenDo

Quote from: tinyfish on Fri, 2007-01-26, 15:13:32
Pendragon were one of the first bands I ever saw live (down at the Marquee back in 198---mumble, mumble) and they knocked my socks off. I saw them a little while back at the Summers End Festival and they were still an incredible live experience. The crowd cheered them onstage like a local football team. I was amazed at the amount warmth and happiness the crowd gave out and I haven't seen that amount of enthusiasm generated just by walking on stage in a long long time.

A very special band indeed.

Simon.

I totally agree Simon. The performance at Summers End was amazing and it was great fun in the front row  ;D

Helen xx

Appelmoes??

I just bought the album "The World" and I'm now listening to it. Is it me, or does this music have the same style as Marillion? Not that it's a bad thing though, just something I noticed. Even the singer has the same style as Fish. Just no rolling R's ;D

But I like it *horns*
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

Teunis

Great album, do you own more albums? My favourite one is 'The Window of Life'. 'Breaking the Spell' is such an awesome track!  *horns*
And about the similarity with Marillion: Pendragon may have some Marillion influences, but there is one big difference. The music of Pendragon grabs me, Marillion's music doesn't  ;).
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

jeffMc

The World is a great album, as is all Pendragon ones, to be honest. "We'll Go Hunting Deer" is my fav off of the world. Of course I also like "The Last Waltz", too ;)
Just something about Pendragon grabs me, too. I like Marillion, but find I listen to Pendragon a lot more. In fact currently listening to "Breaking the Spell" on my Squeezebox (www.slimdevices.com).

PH

So it seems their going to release a new album this year?