News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Genesis reunion

Started by maddox, Thu, 2006-10-19, 13:32:32

Previous topic - Next topic

maddox

Good news for the fans:

Genesis will reunite!

Full story here.  *horns*

I sure hope the tour won't be in the UK alone. The rest of Europe is waiting too.

That's rather good news.  :-\

What? Who am i kidding?  ??? :-[

That's Great news.  *horns*

One of the biggest let down of course is the fact that Peter Gabriell and Steve Hackett won't be joining them.  :-\
That would be awesome.
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

Peter

Arriving somewhere, but not here....

PH

I heard about it through the Frost-forum.

Yeah! This is BRILLIANT news!
I hope they'll do Holland too.
And which venues will they do?? I mean, I'm sure they won't do De Boerderij. ;D

kmorse

You wouldn't know Steve Hackett had been in the band from that article. Hackett's the only one still making worthwhile music, in my opinion.
I'm falling.....Falling down again!

maddox

Quote from: PH on Thu, 2006-10-19, 14:49:37

And which venues will they do?? I mean, I'm sure they won't do De Boerderij. ;D

Probably not.  ;)

But if they'll play in the Arena (footballstadium, Amsterdam for the unaware.) i surely won't go.  :-\ Went there to see U2 two years ago and the sound was absolutely dreadfull.  >:(

bellanova

Id only go if Peter Gabriel was doing it too. Im probably alone in this but i cant stand Phil Collins voice. He can sing but i prefer the more proggy stuff and most of his era was just too poppy and mainstream for me! Sorry!

Appelmoes??

I like Phil to some extent. I can't listen to his voice for over an hour, the i get fed up with his 'screaming-like singing'. But it will be an hour well spend :)
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

PH

Yes... we NEED Hackett...

Let's ask him! ;D

Still I'm very excited about this news!! WOW I still can't believe it! :o ;D

Don't forget that these three men brought us:
- Duke's Travels
- Duke's End
- Abacab
- Me And Sarah Jane
- Dodo/Lurker
- Home By The Sea/2nd Home By The Sea
- Domino
- The Brazilian
- Driving The Last Spike
- Fading Lights

Those are all Prog-songs or Proggy Pop-songs.
They still can make nice Prog.
But still I'm not sure if I want them to do another album......

maddox

Now it's getting interesting:

Read this:

Quote from: German Genesis fanclub19th October 2006: Classic Rock Magazine has revelaed that Genesis will hold a press conference on 7th November 2006. It will be all about the 2007 Turn It On Again - Tour. The Reunion does now include Steve Hackett or Peter Gabriel. At this moment, there is no information on whether there will be a new album or not.

It seems Peter Gabriell will join somewhere in the tour after finishing some obligations. Maybe for an encore or something or a whole show, i have no idea.
Don't know if Steve Hackett will also show up.

In short: To be continued.  8)

johninblack

Quote from: German Genesis fanclub
19th October 2006: Classic Rock Magazine has revelaed that Genesis will hold a press conference on 7th November 2006. It will be all about the 2007 Turn It On Again - Tour. The Reunion does now include Steve Hackett or Peter Gabriel. At this moment, there is no information on whether there will be a new album or not.

Suppose the now is a typo and it's supposed to say not

Appelmoes??

Bad typo, there are two letters in between :-\
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

maddox

Quote from: johninblack on Fri, 2006-10-20, 14:26:26
Quote from: German Genesis fanclub
19th October 2006: Classic Rock Magazine has revelaed that Genesis will hold a press conference on 7th November 2006. It will be all about the 2007 Turn It On Again - Tour. The Reunion does now include Steve Hackett or Peter Gabriel. At this moment, there is no information on whether there will be a new album or not.

Suppose the now is a typo and it's supposed to say not

If you put it like that...Yeah you could be right.  :-\

Would be a shame though. A real Genesis reunion would include Peter Gabriell and Steve Hackett in my opinion.

Let's hope it's no typo error.  :(

johninblack

Quote from: maddox on Fri, 2006-10-20, 20:46:41
A real Genesis reunion would include Peter Gabriell and Steve Hackett in my opinion.

I can see a few people getting rather excited if that were to happen. Trouble is they would be expected to play all the old stuff, now don't get me wrong I like a lot of the early stuff but in order to remain 'Progressive' they would need a fair bit or new material. IMO to go out and play nearly all old stuff would be i) regressive ii) about making money and not about the music. Well thats my opinion, agree or disagree i'd like to hear yours.....

maddox

It doesn't necessarily have to be that way, JIB. I think it can be a mixture of both era's, Peter's and Phil's. After all, the last Genesis line up was with the help of Chester Tompson on Drums. I think Daryll Steurmer will join too especially when Steve Hackett won't join The Reunion.
I do think that most of the songs will be from Phil's era since that was the most succesfull one but like i said, the oldies will be even important when Peter will attend.

In the end, money is a pretty important factor and i doubt that it isn't in this case but most of the fans are crying out for this for years.

johninblack

Quote from: maddox on Sat, 2006-10-21, 14:53:25
It doesn't necessarily have to be that way, JIB. I think it can be a mixture of both era's, Peter's and Phil's.

Most likely will be, I just think some new material would keep things 'fresh'

Quote from: maddox on Sat, 2006-10-21, 14:53:25
In the end, money is a pretty important factor and i doubt that it isn't in this case but most of the fans are crying out for this for years.

Agree, and please don't get me wrong i'm just trying to look at this from all possable angles. What would happen if on the first night of the tour they announced that as a progressive band they didn't want to play more than 2 or 3 old songs and play nearly all new stuff? Could be several dissapointed people, on the other hand several very happy people!

maddox

So it seems that the rumours remain rumours. Peter Gabriell stated that he won't be a part of the reunion.

Read this.

He's busy with his own works and although he says that there were some conversations regarding this topic he decieded to concentrate on his own work first.

That's soo bad.  :(

But good of course for the Gabriell-fans.  ;)

johninblack

Quote from: maddox on Mon, 2006-10-23, 11:04:05
So it seems that the rumours remain rumours. Peter Gabriell stated that he won't be a part of the reunion.

He also said this...

"I'm not involved in this round, or this year, so (I) just wanted to make that clear. I haven't ruled out the possibility of, of doing something in the future, but right now I'm gonna focus on, on my own work."

It could still happen then, that ultimate reunion. Time will tell.

JJ II

By the time Peter has time, they will definately need him as well. I think Phil's voice has deteriorated a lot over the last years. Regrettably. I won't doubt a second about going, since I never saw them with Phil, but I fear how it is. I think when you compare the .... But Seriously DVD and the Final Farewell-DVD you can notice a huge difference. And the G-material is a lot more intense and agressive....

But for now: I'm a happy man. Still hope that Hackett will do something though (did anyone say support?).

PH

Today is the press conference

There's a webcast of the press conference at the official website (www.genesis-music.com) at 12:00 GMT

PH

It should start now, but...

The official Genesis website won't open here... :( :( :(

Too much visitors I guess.
I hope some of you have more luck.

EDIT:

IT'S ON!!
http://www.genesislive.tv

8)

PH

Ok, things I picked up:

They're planning to play:
- Los Endos
- In The Cage
- Domino
at least.

And they'll be playing medleys. I'm not sure if the above mentioned songs are part of a medley. In The Cage is probably part of a medley I guess.
They say they'll try to please everybody with songs from each(?) album.
I hope so.

I don't know the tourdates, but I have a feeling that they won't be playing The Netherlands...

Oh, and they won't be playing Supper's Ready. ::)
(And no More Fool Me either)
Hehehe, ahem...

PH

YES!!!
Found the Tourdates

Tickets will be on sale for UK dates on 24 November and for dates in Germany on 10 November. Other on-sale dates to be announced. The complete list of European concerts is:

11 June Helsinki, Finland Olympic Stadium
14 June Herning, Denmark Messecenter
15 June Hamburg, Germany AOL Arena
17 June Berne, Switzerland Stade de Suisse
18 June Linz, Austria Gugglestadium
20 June Budapest, Hungary Puskas Ferenc Stadium
21 June Katowice, Poland Slaski Stadium
23 June Hannover, Germany AWD Arena
26 June Dusseldorf, Germany LTU Arena
29 June Stuttgart, Germany Gottlieb-Daimler Stadium
30 June Paris, France Parc Des Princes
1 July Amsterdam, Holland Arena
3 July Berlin, Germany Olympiastadion
4 July Leipzig, Germany Zentralstadion
5 July Frankfurt, Germany Commerzbankarena
7 July London, UK Twickenham Stadium
8 July Manchester, UK Old Trafford
10 July Munich, Germany Olympiastadion
12 July Monaco Louis II Stadium
14 July Rome, Italy Telecomcerto at Colosseo

This will be the first time that I'll be in the Amsterdam Arena.
But I WILL be there for sure!

JJ II

QuoteThey're planning to play:
- Los Endos
- In The Cage
- Domino

Don't forget Afterglow, which was mentioned by Tony Banks.

They said they would do medley's but just instrumental ones. Not like the 91-92 medley, which was an attemp to "please everybody, but ended up pleasing no-one" (as Collins put it).

Short video fragments showed Home By The Sea and No Son of Mine in rehearsal...

Peter

Arriving somewhere, but not here....

JJ II

QuoteThey're planning to play:
- Los Endos
- In The Cage
- Domino
Don't forget Afterglow, which was mentioned by Tony Banks.

Daryl Stuermer admitted in a radio-interview he was asked to learn The Carpet Crawl as well   :)