News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Pepper's Ghost follow-up

Started by Peter, Tue, 2006-07-11, 21:56:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter

So guys,

mid June Clive dropped a comment here, which nobody seemed to pay much attention to, but reading it again and trying to imagine how Clive's thoughts may be running sometimes, I came to the conclusion that it's a real tip towards the next album. Dropping everything that belongs to the funny part of the post in this thread, this is what remains:

Quote from: Clive on Mon, 2006-06-19, 20:29:46
But don't panic you prog fans out there... this is an odd number album.. that means concept..;)

And now please, is everybody with me that this could mean that
a) the new ARENA album is actually going to be a concept album (okay, that's written there...), and
b) the album already has some form of existence in one or more ARENA heads.

;D
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

johninblack

Quote from: Clive on Thu, 2005-12-22, 14:37:41
OK..... why don't we clear this up.

1. Arena have not split up!
2. Arena do NOT plan to split up in the forseeable future.
3. The writing of the new album will begin in January... there is no specific deadline for it's release yet. We just wanted to be a little more relaxed about that side of things, due to the other projects that people are involved in.
4. There will be some releases next year (that will be in the next newsletter).
5. There may well be a short set of dates later next year as well.

So.... how active do you want us to be??

As you can see above Clive had already said that the writing was due to start in January so when I saw the post you are refering to I didn't think too much about it, other than wondering what the concept is of course!
Come on Clive you can tell us we won't tell any one, promise!

Appelmoes??

Concept album.... Goooooooood...
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

PH

'Tonight Joleen' seems like a cool concept album.
Being a close familymember of Clive's I of course already know what it is like. And I'll tell you:

Joleen is a 15 year old teenager and she lives in Alabama. Her father, Abram Pershin, is a wellknown pastor and he's famous in Alabama, Mississippi and Tennessee. Her mother just died a month ago, that's where the story begins. By the way, the album is parted in four. Week 1, week 2, week 3 and week 4. Anyway, after the funeral she teams up with Billy Gossett, a boy of the age of 19. Well, I won't spoil the whole thing for you, but I can give you the tracklist, here it is:

1. Overture/The Birth Of Pershin (4:21)
Week I (12:09)
          2. The Old Days (2:09)
          3. Billy Gossett (3:11)
          4. Knowledge Of Few (6:49)
Week II (19:15)
          5. Sunday (0:58)
          6. Decision (10:47)
          7. A Cross Across (2:33)
          8. Fine Words/Heroic Abram (4:18)
          9. Combined Luck (0:39)
Week III (11:42)
          10. Montgomery - Jackson (2:36)
          11. Snow is coming (1:48)
          12. Mr. and Mrs. Snow (3:28)
          13. Winter Next Week (3:50)
Week IV (27:48)
          14. Hectic Days (1:13)
          15. Homecoming (3:21)
          16. Common Life/Summary (23:14)

Total 75:15

There will be 2 guestmusicians.
The first is a guestsinger and it is no one less than Tracy Hitchings on 5 tracks, including the epic on track 16. There's a beautiful part between Rob and Tracy on track 13. Furthermore the help of Nick Barrett on some parts, vocalwise (track 8 ) and guitarwise (track 6, 7 and 8 ).

Next year will be a great year!! I can't wait to hear the whole thing! One thing I can say is "Christmas 2007 will be a very special one!"

;)

JJ II

WOW..... this would be awesome.

I envy your imagination though.

kmorse

Since Clive is reluctant to do double-disk sets, we might have to settle for a single disk "Joleen" and then wait for "Joleen Max" to hear the whole thing.
I'm falling.....Falling down again!

maddox

Quote from: kmorse on Fri, 2006-08-04, 21:48:58
Since Clive is reluctant to do double-disk sets, we might have to settle for a single disk "Joleen" and then wait for "Joleen Max" to hear the whole thing.

First off course you get the 'Joleena' and the 'jolenium' versions. :D
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

PH

Quote from: maddox on Fri, 2006-08-04, 22:01:13
First off course you get the 'Joleena' and the 'jolenium' versions. :D
And some special remixes. Complete with a dance beat and orchestral parts.

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: Peter on Tue, 2006-07-11, 21:56:01
So guys,

mid June Clive dropped a comment here, which nobody seemed to pay much attention to, but reading it again and trying to imagine how Clive's thoughts may be running sometimes, I came to the conclusion that it's a real tip towards the next album. Dropping everything that belongs to the funny part of the post in this thread, this is what remains:

And now please, is everybody with me that this could mean that
a) the new ARENA album is actually going to be a concept album (okay, that's written there...), and
b) the album already has some form of existence in one or more ARENA heads.

;D

I missed that altogether. I've been away.  Sorry. :(
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

Ile2006

So I thought this was a Pepper's Ghost comments follow-up topic.
I just wanted to say that I got to buy it because I heard Tantalus on www.last.fm.
I was so impressed with the vocals and the music that I looked it up at a local music store. Thing is they ONLY had Pepper's Ghost
at this shop. Anyway..fits with my budget...I get to buy only a few Cds a month...but that way I get to spin them tens of times without distraction.
So the funny thing is the first few times I heard it, every time I would start listening to it from the beginning again...I seemed to hear different things...and my opinions kept changing too. It's still one of my favorite bands though...and having listened to the samples they have on their website from all albums I KNOW I WANT THEM ALL! :-*
W.C. '' If you're going through hell, keep going''

Herben

Quote from: PH on Wed, 2006-07-12, 09:37:07
'Tonight Joleen' seems like a cool concept album.
Being a close familymember of Clive's I of course already know what it is like. And I'll tell you:

Joleen is a 15 year old teenager and she lives in Alabama. Her father, Abram Pershin, is a wellknown pastor and he's famous in Alabama, Mississippi and Tennessee. Her mother just died a month ago, that's where the story begins. By the way, the album is parted in four. Week 1, week 2, week 3 and week 4. Anyway, after the funeral she teams up with Billy Gossett, a boy of the age of 19. Well, I won't spoil the whole thing for you, but I can give you the tracklist, here it is:

Next year will be a great year!! I can't wait to hear the whole thing! One thing I can say is "Christmas 2007 will be a very special one!" ;)
This album seems to be an Ayreon album, does remind me of Human equation, day 1 until day 20! Combined with the guest vocals.......
But maybe Arena goes Ayreon then. We'll see....... When I first wanted to buy an Arena album I could only find Ayreon, so I listened to it didn't like it then, later on I bought all the albums of Ayreon and Arena..... I hope Arjen will stop his Stream of Passion project and make another fine Ayreon album, maybe the songlist album You planned for Arena.
But what do titles say nothing so we'll see what will come up.
Walk along the Waterfall, watching as the world turns red
Wonder where the river flows, and the blood on the River bed
Poison lies to close to us, Reach across the salt and Sand
Moving Deeper into the Land