News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Syd Barrett dies

Started by kmorse, Tue, 2006-07-11, 17:35:03

Previous topic - Next topic

kmorse

I just saw this news item.
I'm falling.....Falling down again!

jeffMc

Quote from: kmorse on Tue, 2006-07-11, 17:35:03
I just saw this news item.

Yes, Sad. Arnold Layne, was one of my favourite songs. It is so funny, I really loved all of their 60's stuff (and later stuff), but I guess i was into that music back then (THe Nice, Pink Floyd, etc) I still fire up0 Arnold Layne once in a while to fool all the yungen's , when they try to guess who the band is ;)

Rest in Peace, Sid.

Peter

Hmmm, I had to look that name up.... 60 years also isn't old, right...
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

maddox

Yep, i've read it too. It was on the ehm...'teletekst' (sorry, don't know how to translate that.  :-\).
It was a rather short item though, only three lines and that was that.  :-\

Kind of the same way how he lived i guess.  :-\

Nevertheless it is quite sad. Can't say that i grew up with his music, being born in 1971, but Pink Floyd was an inspiration, music wise that is, in my life, so i was kinda shocked. Only sixty years of age...

May you rest in peace, Syd.
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

PH

Syd Barett... the crazy diamond.
Yes, sad news indeed. Not that I knew him well, or something. I never really listened to Floyd. But still, it's a musician who died. A musician that stood on the foundation of Prog.

Rest In Peace.