News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

World Cup

Started by johninblack, Fri, 2006-06-09, 19:51:06

Previous topic - Next topic

maddox

I don't know that. I think it will be an interesting match because from now on nobody has anything to loose. Germany will attack quite a bit, and indeed, Italy will mostly defend since they invented it, but somehow i think it's going to be a good fight. Oh, wait...

They have just begun.  :o

I'm off.

;D
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

johninblack

This competition just refuses to go with the form books, so based on that Portugal should beat France and then go on to beat Italy in the Final ;D

Teunis

It was more fun watching than I had expected. Both teams had their opportunities, but in extra time Germany looked exhausted. They had already played an extra time. Overall Italy deserved to win.
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

willowroolz

That was a stunning game. I think Italy just about deserved it but both teams played extremely well. If Italy play that way in the final, and if France were to get through and play like they did against Brazil, it could be a cracker  :o

Appelmoes??

Quote from: johninblack on Wed, 2006-07-05, 09:11:35
This competition just refuses to go with the form books, so based on that Portugal should beat France and then go on to beat Italy in the Final ;D
Portugal >:(
I think from now on, the dutch will 'hate' Portugals team instead of Germany's (dutch soccer history stuff...). Germany played very good this tournament, most dutchies even said it would be good if they would win. But elas! But I must also say I think Italy deserved to win.
If Portugal wins I will never watch soccer again... A big yuch goes to Figo... I will hang my dutch flag sideways tonight and cheer for France!

(Wow, I can't believe I'm still upset by this ;D)
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

Peter

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Wed, 2006-07-05, 11:32:36
A big yuch goes to Figo...

Absolutely. I'm still very angry about Frings getting a punishment from the FIFA for something he didn't 'actively' do, but nobody seems to care about Figo doing the most ape-like primitive thing ('the header') in front of millions of viewers. This guy should be banned from footy, he's a scandal. Phew.
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

HelenDo

Really pleased that Italy won. I will be supporting them in the final.

Hope that France win tonight - I want some revenge on the Portuguese  >:(

Helen

johninblack

So...Italy to win the world cup then?

PH

Quote from: johninblack on Wed, 2006-07-05, 17:30:59
OK, alright then...
;D
All hail italy!

maddox

Quote from: johninblack on Wed, 2006-07-05, 17:30:59

Well, as a matter of fact, Italy is hanging in a 12 year cycle. It started in 1982 when they got to the final and won, then 1994, again in the final, which they lost from Brazil after panelties, and finally in 2006, when they will play against France ( ;D) in the final and well,...let them win anyway.

Germany deserved the title but Italy is a good replacement.  *horns*

And Portugal? Do i need to say more? I think Applemoes?? said it all.  *horns*

A life time ban until they start to learn the 'real' soccer.  :P

maddox

So, it is over now. Italy won the world-cup after an exciting match. I think they deserved it, because after Germany, Italy had the most constant play this tournament.

So...

Congratulations ITALY!

But what a ridicules challange of Zidane.  :o What was he thinking???

Cyborg-Frask

*ola*...Italy does derserves it...and it was certianly an exciting match (I missed the first 45 minutes tho).

QuoteBut what a ridicules challange of Zidane.   :o What was he thinking???
Man that was a very painfull attack on that Italian. I wonder what made Zidane soooo angry, I think it was something an Italian said to him...hmmm I wonder what that could have been....

Peter

Quote from: Cyborg-Frask on Mon, 2006-07-10, 09:15:25
I wonder what made Zidane soooo angry, I think it was something an Italian said to him...hmmm I wonder what that could have been....

I watched the scene several times, and I'm pretty sure that Matarazzi must have said something to him. Zidane was already walking away after their "touching", when he suddenly turned round. It must have been something extremely awful, otherwise he wouldn't have reacted like that, like something about his mother or something racist, you know...

He and Figo can shake hands. Ape hands. "Old veterans" like them should really stand above such kindergarten behaviour. What a retirement....
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

johninblack

I would have thought that Zidane would have heard just about every insult there is during his career, what on earth did he hear that made him react like that?

bellanova

They reckon the Italian guy may have said something about Zidane being a terrorist cos of him having Algerian or wherevers roots! I dont know. Some players seem to have very short fuses and insults fly all over the pitch. I used to watch Arsenal and some of the stuff that you hear makes your eyes water!! lol

keyboardistmatt

I won some money in a sweepstakes for the world cup at work.

That was nice, went to the pub on that! :P
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

maddox

Quote from: keyboardistmatt on Sun, 2006-08-20, 11:39:00
I won some money in a sweepstakes for the world cup at work.

That was nice, went to the pub on that! :P

Hey that's good to hear. I on the other hand ended on the seventh place.  :-\ That was not so good.