News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

World Cup

Started by johninblack, Fri, 2006-06-09, 19:51:06

Previous topic - Next topic

johninblack

Well, the teams getting ready to play Germany must be a bit more worried than they were. I thought that they look a pretty good team, they look fuul of goals however the defence look like they could be pressured into a few mistakes with superior opposition.
Good game though, quite enjoying it, about 4 mins left.

Peter

4:2

well, 2 goals.... they were sleeping at times....  ::)
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Appelmoes??

So the Germans are playing like the Germans... Bad outside of a tournament, good (or at least better) in a tournament?
For some good reading visit:""Fluffy Kittens of DOOM"!

My drawings on MySpace

Peter

Quote from: Appelmoes?? on Fri, 2006-06-09, 20:11:55
So the Germans are playing like the Germans... Bad outside of a tournament, good (or at least better) in a tournament?

we'll see, mate, we'll see...
Arriving somewhere, but not here....

Appelmoes??

The pub where I watch all the dutch matches (I hope to be there atleast 6 times more ;))

(Yes, this is a topic kick ;D)

Watching Portugal made me sad btw, I thought they would play better.

My drawings on MySpace

Cyborg-Frask

At this moment it's Holland VS Portugal....And I never had soo much fun watching a soccer game...

17 yellow cards...Man that's....INSANE. I had great fun watching Cocu just grabbing the other player and throwing him away... ;D ;D ;D this wholl game makes me think of a wresteling game

No people...soccer is a very social and friends-making game.... :P

while i'm typing:
LOL 18 yellow cards which make 4 reds in one game...Thats a new record...

hmm Holland didn't do very well and now it's all over...good bye WK and cya over 4 years again...

Appelmoes??

And the oscar goes to: F*ck#ng Figo!!!!
What an actor!

Seriously, how can the man live with him self after this ??? What a wimp! This isn't soccer, this is acting! And it makes me mad as hell!

Ok, the dutch team didn't play fair too, but Figo deserves to be punnished for that fake-action so he can't play for the next 3 matches!

And Robben should have gotten a penalty, that portugese came in with two legs stretched! :o I mean: COME ON!!! This is soccer, not katate!

The game was really exciting, but that referee should not play any more games :-\

My drawings on MySpace

Teunis

Unfortunately the Aussies are out. Italy was helped by the referee, he gave a very dubious penalty >:(. I can't stand it: the 'big' soccer nations like Brazil, Argentina, Germany and Italy are often helped by the referees. Just my opinion  ::).
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

johninblack

Quote from: Teunis on Mon, 2006-06-26, 19:07:47
Unfortunately the Aussies are out. Italy was helped by the referee, he gave a very dubious penalty >:(. I can't stand it: the 'big' soccer nations like Brazil, Argentina, Germany and Italy are often helped by the referees. Just my opinion  ::).

Totally agree. That was never a penalty.

Appelmoes??

Quote from: johninblack on Mon, 2006-06-26, 19:43:43
Another actor >:(

My drawings on MySpace

debsss

last nights game holland-portugal was totally f*cked up
i don't call that soccer anymore :-[
finaly in the second half of the game holland began to play soccer but the portugees instead began to play some kind of theatre or so.....
Is that how the new wc should be played?? More theatre less soccer???
! really give up hope and don't wanna know who becomes the next wc winner...
The fun is over after seeying a game like that.... Damn that makes me really pissed off...... >:(

funkster

Good job England are not going to win anyway as they ahve been terribly dull

maddox

Quote from: johninblack on Mon, 2006-06-26, 19:43:43

Indeed. Never in a million years.  >:(

Not for Guus, but that makes me so very mad. The past few games the referees made some pretty strange decisions. This was really bad, with yesterday as the baddest.  >:( That Ivanov should never whistle again.  >:(

Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

PH

I wonder if they actually get actor-training... They really did their best on it! But I can't give an applause 'cos I've got my hands on my keyboard, too bad for them.

Appelmoes??

Next thing you know, they'll be giving the golden shoe to best acting player instead of the one that scored most goals ???

My drawings on MySpace

debsss

And this year... the golden shoe for best acting goes to....

FIGOOOOOOOOOOOOO :-[

PH

Ok, I think we have speculated long enough about Portugal now.
We have to move on! ;)

I think I will support Germany now.

Teunis

Quote from: PH on Wed, 2006-06-28, 11:43:49
I think I will support Germany now.
You forgot your smilie  ;D.

Seriously: they play better than I had expected, but Saturday will be their first REAL testcase against Argentina. I am very curious.

After Holland was beaten, my favourites were Spain. They are out now as well, so I have to choose an other favourite now. Germany?  ;)

PH

Yeah Germany! ;D (note the smilie) I always love how they play.
I had hoped there would be a Germany-Holland game, but it couldn't be. I love Germany-Holland games. I actually think they're quite popular.

Teunis

Looking forward to the match Germany - Argentina. Where is Peter? Already nervous?  :D May the best team win  *ola*

maddox

Quote from: Teunis on Thu, 2006-06-29, 22:22:57
Looking forward to the match Germany - Argentina. Where is Peter? Already nervous?  :D May the best team win  *ola*

I think this will be the best match of the tournement. Two great teams with a great history competing each other.

Indeed, i'm looking forward to the match too.  8)

johninblack

Germany v Argentina - As an englishman there is only one team I can support......Come on you REF.

Teunis

It was a disappointing match, especially the first half. After their goal Argentina kept on defending and they paid the price for that. Penalties, so the luckiest team won. I had expected more from this match.

maddox

Quote from: Teunis on Fri, 2006-06-30, 20:18:10
It was a disappointing match, especially the first half. After their goal Argentina kept on defending and they paid the price for that. Penalties, so the luckiest team won. I had expected more from this match.

Indeed, so did i. It was a disapointing match.  :-\

Too bad Argentina lost.

Teunis

What do you expect from Germany - Italy? I think it is going to be a boring match. Italy will probably defend and try to score a goal in a counter. Don't know if I am going to watch the match, I was disappointed too often. I predict that Germany will win after penalties  ;).