News:

write me a message if you are unable log in, if you need to recover your account, or if you would like to register a new account; also if the email address you used here before is not valid anymore.

Main Menu

Anathema

Started by funkster, Sun, 2006-04-23, 09:34:41

Previous topic - Next topic

funkster

If anyone is interested , and you all should be  ;) , Anathema have a new song to download from their site as they are currently without a record deal.

The song , everything , sounds good to me

http://www.anathema.ws/

maddox

Hey, that's great news. I'm on my way.  ;D

MAD.
Cause of Injury: Lack of Adhesive Ducks.

erik

Let's revive this a bit, cause the band deserves it. I really like Anathema after they abandoned the grunts, i.e. post Silent Enigma. Alternative 4, Judgement [their best so far], A Fine Day To Exit [their most accessible and "commercial" if you will] and A Natural Disaster are all excellent and should appeal to those who like Floyd and Porcupine Tree. 

Saw them live last year supporting Porcupine Tree, they played a very good set. Steve Wilson is producing their new album, Horizons, of which 3 songs have been available at their website for some time already. They had trouble finding a new record label, but the new album is now scheduled for release in 2008. Really looking forward to it!

We stare at our screens
All our lives
What a waste of eyes..

funkster

Here are some tour dates for the autumn as well

I am going to try to make the manchester gig

08 Oct 2008 - Tivoli Utrecht
09 Oct 2008 - W2 Den Bosch
10 Oct 2008 - Biebob Vosselaar
11 Oct 2008 - Boerderij Zoetermeer
12 Oct 2008 - Colos Saal Aschaffenburg
13 Oct 2008 - Matrix Bochum
14 Oct 2008 - Longhorn Stuttgart
16 Oct 2008 - Centrum Erfurt
17 Oct 2008 - Columbia Club Berlin
18 Oct 2008 - Markthalle Hamburg
19 Oct 2008 - Pumpehuset Copenhagen
20 Oct 2008 - Proxima Club Warsaw
21 Oct 2008 - Klub Studio Cracow
22 Oct 2008 - Backstagewerk Munich
23 Oct 2008 - Z7 Konzertfabrik Pratteln
24 Oct 2008 - New Age Treviso
25 Oct 2008 - Rolling Stone Milan
26 Oct 2008 - Alpheus Rome
28 Oct 2008 - Szene Vienna
04 Nov 2008 - Club Academy Machester
05 Nov 2008 - Cathouse Glasgow
06 Nov 2008 - Carling Academy 2 Sheffield
07 Nov 2008 - Islington Academy London
08 Nov 2008 - Barfly Birmingham
09 Nov 2008 - Zodiac Oxford
10 Nov 2008 - Wedgewood Rooms Portsmouth

maddox

Quote from: funkster on Fri, 2008-08-15, 08:51:47
Here are some tour dates for the autumn as well

I am going to try to make the manchester gig

08 Oct 2008 - Tivoli Utrecht

Hey wait a minute: If i recall correctly, Demians is also playing in Tivoli on October 8th.  :o

*Checks

Indeed, they are the special guest for Anathema.  8)
Might buy myself a ticket then.  *horns*

keyboardistmatt

Quote from: erik on Sat, 2008-07-26, 15:07:18
Let's revive this a bit, cause the band deserves it. I really like Anathema after they abandoned the grunts, i.e. post Silent Enigma. Alternative 4, Judgement [their best so far], A Fine Day To Exit [their most accessible and "commercial" if you will] and A Natural Disaster are all excellent and should appeal to those who like Floyd and Porcupine Tree. 

Seconded!  Anathema are fantastic I first heard "Don't Look Too Far" from a Classic Rock magazine CD (same as Arena), and I brought 'Judgement' I have brought virtually everything they have done since, and (same as Arena) loved every track. 

"Closer" from 'A Natural Disaster' is a favorite Anathema track. 8)

Anyone who has not checked out this band I recommend you do so. *horns*
...Is this just a dream I'm in?

~~Drallion official Facebook page:~~
www.facebook.com/DrallionOfficial

<- Click the planet to go to Twitter @Keyboardistmatt

funkster

Some great news for Anathema fans

THIN AIR
SUMMERNIGHT HORIZON
DREAMING LIGHT
EVERYTHING
ANGELS WALK AMONG US
PRESENCE
A SIMPLE MISTAKE
THE STORM BEFORE THE CALM
GET OFF, GET OUT
UNIVERSAL
HINDSIGHT

the full length of the album is about 62 minutes. its produced by vincent cavanagh and assisted by me, its recorded by les smith, mark ellis, darryl anthony, jamie and vincent cavanagh

all songs written by danny cavanagh, john douglas and vincent cavanagh

the songs have been upgraded, made better, layered with textures and harmonies, and i am sure when it is mixed and ready to go, its going to do very well. exactly how well it does remains to be seen, but it is WAY above anything we ever did before.

in fact, i think the scene is stale and needs a shake up, and we are the ones to do it.

scheduled for release in april via kscope music. a complete full european tour playing the whole album will be coming to all european territories... at some point in the future there MIGHT be a US tour with porcupine tree, and an EP independently released later in the year.

Nicky007

Quote from: funkster on Tue, 2010-01-19, 13:27:47
... and assisted by me ...

Funkster, you're all over the place  ;D

But sure, great news  8)

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

funkster

Cheeky  :D

Disgracefully despite living in the same area as them i have never seen them live  :-[

maddox

erik

Quote from: funkster on Tue, 2010-01-19, 13:27:47
the songs have been upgraded, made better, layered with textures and harmonies, and i am sure when it is mixed and ready to go, its going to do very well. exactly how well it does remains to be seen, but it is WAY above anything we ever did before.

in fact, i think the scene is stale and needs a shake up, and we are the ones to do it.

scheduled for release in april via kscope music. a complete full european tour playing the whole album will be coming to all european territories... at some point in the future there MIGHT be a US tour with porcupine tree, and an EP independently released later in the year.

That's great news!! I've been expecting this new album eagerly ever since I heard some of the new tracks live when Anathema supported Porcupine Tree here in 2008 (especially A Simple Mistake is impressive). The new material has had a long gestation period, but sounds like it has matured like a good wine and will be all the better for it. I think this release may end up high in my top of 2010 list.
We stare at our screens
All our lives
What a waste of eyes..

funkster

The album is amazing and a must for all serious music fans - yes all you lot !!!

maddox

Quote from: funkster on Sat, 2010-05-29, 08:48:39
The album is amazing and a must for all serious music fans - yes all you lot !!!

Still waiting...  :'(

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: funkster on Sat, 2010-05-29, 08:48:39

You're right, it's really amazing! *horns*

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

funkster

Tour dates including Liverpool next tuesday   ;D

http://www.anathema.ws/

Iggy

Just booked for Feb next year in London.  ;D ;D ;D

Iggy

Quote from: Iggy on Thu, 2010-12-16, 13:33:19
Just booked for Feb next year in London.  ;D ;D ;D

And now I have been. What a great gig and a great crowd.   *horns* *horns* *horns*

They are now off to France. Lucky French people.

Bupie

Yes, they play in Lyon (not so far from home) in a few days. I was wondering whether I go or not  ::)

Were there the same guests -Petter Carlsen + Cloverseeds- in London ? What kind of rock do they play ?

The Butterfly Man

Quote from: Bupie on Fri, 2011-02-18, 09:11:52
Were there the same guests -Petter Carlsen + Cloverseeds- in London ? What kind of rock do they play ?

Petter Carlsen is a singer/songwriter from Norway. He's a bit shy (at least he was when I saw him last year) but he has such a captivating voice and some really beautiful songs. Of course, you have to be open to singer/songwriter stuff otherwise you might get a bit bored after a few songs. I didn't get bored at all, actually I wanted him to play for the rest of the evening as well. Needless to say I bought his debut-album after the gig. ;)

I don't know Cloverseeds so I can't say anything about them.

Hope that helps! :)

Tom
There will be white clouds beyond the hills...

Bupie

Thanks,

It indeed helps since it means that if I go, I will not have to suffer one hour or two of death or hardcore metal  ;)

And I have nothing against singer/songwriter stuff  :)

Iggy

Quote from: Bupie on Fri, 2011-02-18, 14:45:48
Thanks,

It indeed helps since it means that if I go, I will not have to suffer one hour or two of death or hardcore metal  ;)

And I have nothing against singer/songwriter stuff  :)

They had North Atlantic Oscilation supporting them last night.

If you like Anathema at all. You have to go they are on such great form.

Hope this helps.

Bupie

Of course, I welcome any comment or opinion, even Nicky's ones. Hum, wait, maybe not always ...  ;D

Nicky007

Quote from: Bupie on Fri, 2011-02-18, 18:09:21
Of course, I welcome any comment or opinion, even Nicky's. Hum, wait, maybe not always ...  ;D

Gosh, have I been so hard on you  :o

Well, Bups, consider yourself a synecdoche for 66 million people, so if it's spread out among all those ....  ???

Quote from: Bupie on Fri, 2011-02-18, 14:45:48
I will not have to suffer one hour or two of death or hardcore metal  ;)

Touché  :P

OK, Anathema, try these:

Judgement     www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-FuQm9O4wE&feature=related

Flying (A Moment In Time)     www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWJudZnENT0&feature=related

A Natural Disaster     www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNVK3eqWs2w&feature=related

Lost Control     www.youtube.com/watch?v=-55ZYpTwu1g&feature=related

Violence     www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee1S5OUI9rM

Hm, just noticed that Judgement sounds rather Arenaish  :)

Now, Bups, if this don't get ya all stoked about'm ... well, then you should go find yerself an accordion player on the Streets of Lyon  ;D

Nicky.
So you've come of age
And so you want to meet God
Sure you can
He's right here next to me

Teunis

'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)

Teunis

New album in June

http://www.anathema.ws/news.cfm

Another expensive year ::) *horns* 8) ;)
'I will surrender my heart to the sky
Oh, our love doesn't end here, it lives forever on the wings of time'
-------------------------------------------------------
Toto - Wings of time (Kingdom of Desire)